Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I suppose I should introduce myself.

Hello ladies, happy to be here. My name is freeda and I'm from southwest Michigan. I am married, but my husband is a Marine in Iraq. We each have a daughter - his is 17 and mine is 9, only mine lives with us. I also have 3 siberian huskies, and an extra one right now as a foster dog.

I am currently a stay-at-home mom and college student, although when hubby comes home in a month or so and deployment pay stops I'll probably have to go back to work. I'm considering doing WW without attending after that point, as it will get expensive real fast after our income drops. We'll see how that goes.

I am in my first week of WW. I'm still figuring out my patterns -- like I'm trying to keep the 2 point crunchy twist things in the car because that seems to be a weak spot. Fruit late at night is satisfying me a lot more than that 2 point popcorn does. So it's definitely a work in progress. I'm finding it very hard to fit in all the fruits and veggies.

My situation is further complicated by the fact that I'm remodeling, and currently have no kitchen.

So far the best thing was taking my slide rule to the store and looking at the points of some of the things I had been eating on a very regular basis -- microwave chimichangas being among the worst. Wowzers.

Anyhoo, while I'd like to be a slender goddess by the time DH gets home, it's not going to happen. But I'm trying to look longer-term than that to being healthier. All the women in my family are obese and have blood sugar issues... I don't want that to be me.

I'm very impressed by the siggies of a lot of the ladies here, and it's very inspiring and gives me a lot of hope. It's nice to 'meet' all of you and I'm sure we'll see a lot of each other.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #2  

Hey! Welcome, I understand how hard it must be to not have a kitchen. I have found that the Campbells soup at hand soups are great! They have some that are only 2 points, and some that are 3. You just take them and take the lid off and pop it in the microwave. I usually have that and a banana or something. As for snacks, Nabisco came out with snack packs that are 100 calories each. They have oreo cookies, chips ahoy, cinnamon graham crackers, cheese nips etc. They are great, just 2 points for them and you get your sweet or salty foods in when you crave them! They would even be perfect for kids. Until you get your kitchen back you might be stuck with salads and foods that can be cooked in the microwave. Good luck with the weight loss!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'5"

2.75 lbs lost in my first week. Yay me.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #4  

Freeda,
It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. I am glad you are eating healthy and making the right choices for you. I do the CORE program on WW. I wish you the best.
Closed Thread