Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Weight Loss Challenge!!!

Trying one more time....

Alright ladies.... here's the challenge if you choose to accept it:

5 weeks from now, February 16th is the day. Set a weight loss goal for the next five weeks, and decide a reward for meeting your goal.

What's your weight loss goal?
What steps are you taking to get there?
What's your motivation?
What's your reward?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

WL Goal: 10 pounds by Jan 16th
(that puts me at 123.6)

Steps: Follow South Beach Diet, Phase One for three more weeks, switch to phase two for the last two weeks. Go the the gym 5-6 times a week for one hour of cardio. Strength train twice a week.

Motivation: Wedding and Honeymoon of course!

Reward: Pedicure and manicure
Old 01-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #3  

WL Goal: 15lbs by Feb 16th, thats losing 3 lbs per week.... putting me down to 180

Steps: Following WW points... using ranges. Eating healthy, wholesome, filling foods and to stop eating once I am satisfied! Giving up chocolate .
Working out routinely.... as oppossed to whenever. I will make it a priority.

Motivation: 1 step closer to bathing suit season in the summer... I want to look and feel great!

Reward: New pair of jeans from Guess. Trying on my box of too small clothes and seeing which ones fit!!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:30 PM   #4  

Count me in.

My wl goal = 15lbs by Feb 16th (gonna aim for that 3lbs/week)

Steps to goal: follow ww points, try to get to gym at least 3 times/week and get walkin my poor puppy on a more regular basis.

Motivation: Going on a trip with friends in April and can't afford a new wardrobe.

Reward: Shopping Always works for me.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Hey Samira and Wenwella! Here is something to think about (you by no means need to take my advice, however) You might want to consider - is 3#/week realistic? Many of the girls on this board that have lost substantial weight avged about 1.8-2/week. 3 seems like a lot and is not recommended by WW - maximum of 2#/week to be healthy. That is also recommended by nutritionists I have seen as well as personal trainers (who say that might even be high if you are building muscle as well).

You don't want to set yourselves up for disappointment, either (which is why sometimes # goals can be tough!). Just something to think about - I want to see you all succeed as I live vicariously through you!
Old 01-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #6  

Hey Belle
I know going for 3 lbs a week seems like a lot.... but I know from my previous WW experience that I can do it! Whether it is healthy or not.... well.... all I know is that I am staying in my WW range as well as working out, but not eating my exercise points. I think for the first few weeks 3lbs is reasonable... but by no means do I expect the weight loss to continue like that. This is the highest weight I have ever been. I had kept my membership booklet from 2 yrs ago... and was looking at my progress from then. Dont worry... I appreciate all the advice/experience you guys give on here but for this one.. I'm just going from my experience.
I'm trying not to set myself up for failure.. but setting a goal like that for myself pushes me to work harder for it. If I set myself to small of a goal.... then I wont really work for it.... but then if I set myself too big of a goal then it will seem unattainable (thats why the goal on my tracker is only set to 175). Thanks for looking out for me tho... we'll have to see what happens!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #7  

Thanks, I know that 3lbs/week isn't really realistic for the long haul, but for a short term goal I'm hoping to be able to do it. I'll be happy with whatever I lose
Old 01-14-2005, 06:23 AM   #8  
Running Babe

I am not really setting a weight goal... I am just one of those behaviour people.. I don't have much to lose, plus I am still on the DL for 2 more weeks.

Anyway, How will I get to where I want to be:

Eat regularly, treat myself occassionally, relax, don't eat when stressed (much easier said than done). I'll start exercising again on the 25th!!! and I can't wait.

About setting high goals... Here's how I feel, from a health point of you, I don't recommend it. I admit I averaged that amount for a while, but I weighed more than 200lbs at that time..., but from another view I say it's okay as long as you won't be detered from your efforts if you don't make it. If you aim for 15 with the actual hope of 8-10, that's fine. I am big on focussing on the process and not the numbers. Hope I didn't offend.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-19-2005, 08:59 AM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Okay... time to check back in for the challenge. I weighed in yesterday and was down a half pound. I'll take it. With such a large loss the week before I was not expecting a loss at all, so I'll take it.

1. Lost .5, have 9.5 pounds to go.
2. Getting a little board with SBD but sticking to it. Doing well with cardio, although haven't gotten back to strength training... need to do that.
3. Same motivation
4. Another reward... buying my rehersal dinner dress from BCBG.
Closed Thread