Old 01-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #1  
Movin' and Losin'

Default Week 2 Induction Bootcamp: Jan. 10-16

Welcome Everyone!

Rules for this thread:

1) Must be 100% DANDR Induction. (2 FULL WEEKS)
2) NO Atkins Bars or other low carb treats
3) NO Whining/"why can't I stay on track"
4) NO Excuses
5) 100% support of each other getting on track and staying there!

Remember this is Boot Camp! Think of Louis Gossett Jr. in "An Officer and a Gentleman" We can do it! Just need to put our minds to it!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

I hope it's OK that I started this, Karen.

Is everyone ready for week 2 of induction? I know I am. During my first week of induction, I lost six pounds. Woo-hoo! That will keep me motivated!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:40 PM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

JINA! Thank you for starting it! I have been having the worst day!

YEA on the 6 pound loss! WOO HOO! We are all doing so well!

I wil be back later to post more.. bu I wanted to check in!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #4  

Hi all.
Still OP, but feeling slightly like wavering. I guess I'm an emotional eater and I'm struggling a bit. I should quit weighting every day too, because it looks like I'm up a pound. No reason for it, though so it will drop.
Yesterday, one of the young men I supervise left for lunch and didn't come back when we expected him. He's typically very responsible, so we began to worry. Found out late yesterday evening he was killed in an accident while riding his motorcylce home for lunch. He was only 27 years old and it just feels weird to know he was just here and now he's gone.
Hope everyone else is doing O.K.

Jen
jen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #5  

Talking

Hi Girls!

Well week 2 is underway...

My aims this week:

To stay on strict induction (have done well so far)
and to survive a couple of really busy fostering related weeks

To drink my water

Thats it for this week, I know it doesn't seem a lot, but without moaning.. i have sooooo much on this next couple of weeks.

I'm looking to stay on induction longer than the two weeks, so am not looking at this week as the 'end'. I'm really enjoying my eating and blood sugar spikes are gone .

I lost 12lb last week, and haven't had time to weigh yet this week - keep forgetting! can you believe that!!

Am really hoping the scale is kind to me when I do weigh.
Purple Hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Jen - I think I heard that on the news, on the Viaduct? I am so sorry, that was an awful accident.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:59 AM   #7  
Let's Start Over

Sorry ladies...things have been kinda hectic around here. My husband has to go to court in Feb. because he got a wreckless driving summons last Friday. Here in Virginia, little did we know, that if you are over 20mph or 80 and above then you are considered wreckless and that is considered a misdamenor (spell?). Hugh effects can result from it...He thought he was going the speed limit coming off the interstate...but it was much lower than most...oh well...I told him that this is the only bad luck we are allowed to have for the rest of the year!

However, things have been going good...I think the headaches are finally gone and the hunger pains

Jen - I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker...that is awful! My prayers are with his family and friends.
Elvis1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:49 AM   #8  

Jen - that's awful. I am an ex bike rider, and unfortunately have lost friends in such accidents. It is never easy for anyone that knows that person. Poor soul.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:42 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Jen: Sorry to hear about that -- that's really sad. I understand struggling a little with your eating at a time like this. Hope things are going better for you. Take care!

I've got a question for you all: How long are you staying on induction? This is my second-time around on induction. I needed a re-start. Last time, I tried to keep sticking to induction for as long as possible. I slowly added in nuts, and maybe a LC tortilla, peanut butter, etc., but I really wasn't widening my menus that much -- they were still very induction-oriented. Did this hurt me? Should I have stuck exactly to Dr. Atkins plan of induction for two weeks, and then moving on so I learn to live with this as a lifestyle? I guess I've always just been scared to up my carbs much above 20. I don't know... I just want to be successful at this. I'm interested in other peoples' opinions.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #10  

Hello all!

Good to see that everyone seems to be doing fairly well. I weighed in on Monday, but this has been my first chance to get online. So far 8 # loss for me.

As for induction, I am not sure how long I am going to stay on it. I haven't been doing that well at logging in my food choices, but I am getting better ...so for myself I am thinking that probably more than 2 weeks for myself. I also would like to move through each phase so that I can get a better feel for maintaining a lifestyle of low-carb. Sorry I don't have specific answers for you jd

Jen ~ I am so sorry to hear about that young man, how very sad.

Hugs ~ Congrats on the 12 #s...wowsers.

Elvis ~ sorry to hear about the day in court.

Karen ~ Hello!

Sorry to anyone that I missed! Have a wonderful day, and hopefully we will see more whoooses this next weigh in. It would be sort of fun to see that accumulated weight that was lost.

Take care,
Caroline
cbzmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #11  

Hi girls.. better late than never but finally weighed this morning.. another 1lb down.

Induction question.. as long as possible but strictly. I need to lose a lot of weight and really want to see a difference in my dress sizes. I lost one size last time and still fit in my 'small' jeans but want to get smaller so I don't suffer so much in the summer again this year.

So.. at least 6 weeks is my aim. but as long as poss.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:13 AM   #12  

and another 2lb gone! woohooo
Old 01-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #13  
on my way down again

Hi All, wow! everyone is doing great here. I have recently faultered with two meals. But those didn't really send me off plan in my usual spiral gain. It was the meals and that was it. And they were fairly good choices compared to what was there. I had whole wheat bread, regualr dressing, and one portion of icecream.

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your co workers accident. That is so sad. You are in my thoughts.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote