Old 01-07-2005, 12:46 PM   #1  
Living the Laguna life...

Default why does bingeing ruin my diet?!?

hey guys
i am really frustrated with myself right now...over the holidays i gave myself lots of little treats with the idea that once i get back to school i will be right back on track...i was doing pretty well for almost three whole days, and then at dinner last night i had a good meal (1/2 bean and rice burrito with wheat tortilla) and then i totally went crazy... i had some sugar cereal, a rice krispy treat, ice cream, and popcorn...i felt so gross! but i kept eating! it wasn't triggered by anything emotional, and i wasn't bored...in fact i was hanging out with my boyfriend! who wasn't eating any of that stuff! i definitely gained a lot of weigh because i would binge on just horrible things...it has been my constant struggle while i am dieting to curb this! i am so frustrated and just needed some support from lots of girls (and guy!) who understand...i am going to try to stay on plan all of today to try and fix the damage. yuck, i feel gross
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #2  
Ready To Change!

S/C/G: 270/240/170

Height: 6'1"

Red face Did I write that?

Hi!

I felt like I was reading something I wrote myself! I did the same exact thing last night, but binged with cheese and crackers instead of what you ate. I didn't feel well, and just ate away until I was done and then got SO mad at myself.

Bingeing for me is something that I really struggle with, and something that many people around me don't understand. Why don't I just not do it? Yeah, I was it were that easy.

Doesn't it make you feel so much better when you get through a day without a binge? I beat myself up horribly after I "mess up". But, as long as we keep going and getting back on track, we'll break the binge cycle!

I hope you are better on plan today! I am doing well and am so mad at myself for last night that I don't think I'll binge today. Good luck!!!
Cheryl170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey guys!

i know how it is, and i think cheryl has the right idea of picking yourself back up and next day and just keep trying your best. i think that guilt and feelings associated with guilt sabotage our healthy efforts, you know? i have to literally FORCE myself not to feel guilty after going off-plan. i just try to say to myself (and this is really corny, beware), "ok, you didnt eat well for one day, does that make you a bad person? no. you are a good person who had a small slip up and will make up for it by returning to your healthy habits right now." i also remind myself that one day cannot undo all of the work that i have done, it is many bad days that will do that and if i feel guilty and down on myself, one bad day will turn into 2, 3, 4...

so, all in all, i do lots of talking to myself. i am a mental case... but it does help me to keep things in perspective.

don't worry about it michelle, it happens to all of us, and i think you're doing great and i know you'll continue to do great.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey girls,

Binging...wow, I wonder how many people have this issue on this board? This is also something i deal with to. I go from eating a sandwich, to a bowl of cereal to a pickle to a leftover piece of pizza to whatever is in the cabinets in less than 30 minutes I have devoured mass amounts of crap I wasn't even hungry for. ps Cheryl, cheese & crackers do not stay in my cabinets/fridge for long. It's my favorite snack..ugh, I can't believe I just typed that....it would be ok, ,if I could do the snacking in better moderation.

This usually occurs at least once a week. I haven't figured out how to really stop it from happening yet. I'm sure it's psychological..I'm not starving myself and I really feel like my daily food intake is more than enough to be nourished.

I will have to agree with Cheryl and Megan, that the best way to deal with it is to say Hey, this isn't going to stop me from achieving my goals. I'm not going to quit, I'm not going to give up, I'm going to start doing my best again right now. I wont' be defeated! You really do have to cheerleader yourself, I agree with Megan. I have given myself so many pep talks ps Megan, I dont' think that makes us mental cases...just a little weird...ha,ha I'm kidding of course!

It feels so good to know I'm not the only one and to kind of confess to doing it also...Thank you girls for sharing...YOU ROCK!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

Thanks for all the support guys! Next time you feel like binging, just think of me and be like....no we are not going to do this to ourselves! k? i am so happy for all the positive feedback! i hope everyone is having a great saturday
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #6  
Go, Banana!

in the words of AA, NA, OA and everything else... "Take it one day at a time."

... i want to write more, but im at work... so ill chime in later. gotta go!!!

peas irina
eyereenah is offline   Reply With Quote