Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 08:46 PM   #1  

When I joined WW a few weeks ago, I did it through a regular meeting, and quite enjoy it. My meetings are first thing Saturday morning, so I like that my weekend is after my weigh in, and not that my weigh in is after my weekend.

Today I found out they're trying to organize an 'at work' meeting, to be held every Thursday at lunch. I'm not sure what all the differences are, or if one type is better than the other. I do know one big difference - apparently they are 2 separate departments, so the payment I made for my 12 prepaid meetings can't be used toward going to at work meetings. I have to pay separately for those, either by 'cashing in' my old 'regular' coupons, or by keeping them and paying for the new sessions on top of the regular ones I just bought. I was also told that if I get weighed in at my regular meeting, I can't attend the meeting portion of the at work meeting - but, if I get weighed in at the at work meeting, then I *can* attend the meeting portion of the regular meeting. Am I the only one who's confused about all of this?

Can anyone tell me if one type is better than the other?

Thanks.

Christine
Old 05-10-2001, 06:49 AM   #2  
Hip Highland Chick

I'm not sure that one is 'better' than the other - I think it just depends on your needs and circumstances.

I have attended both at work and community meetings.

The at work meetings are great because of several things:
1. Meetings 'come to me' each week. And are sort of personalized for the group.
2. The at work WW members know each other, work together, and support each other all day every day.
3. If I miss an at work meeting for any reason, I can still attend a community meeting at the center.

On the other hand, community meetings are nice, too:
1. There are always new people at meetings with new ideas and suggestions.
2. It's fun to meet other members.
3. They have a supply of WW products at the community center - books, etc.
4. There are several meeting time options throughout the week.

There are other good points about both. These are just a few.

Good luck whatever you do!
Old 05-10-2001, 10:12 AM   #3  

I have done both the At-Work program and the regular meetings and prefer the regular. The At-Work program always seemed rushed, the topics didn't vary too often, and everyone would bring their lunch and eat during the meeting. I found that people eating while listening to the leader was very distracting! I am just getting to rejoin tonight and am concerned after reading some of the 123 v. WP debates. Are you happy with the WP plan? I have done the 123 and find it easy to follow!
Old 05-11-2001, 11:53 AM   #4  

Default Regular Meetings vs. At Work Meetings

Marney, If you rejoin W W get the new literature and listen to the beginners lecture then you can decide which is best for you but at least you will have the newest material. In my opinion there is not a lot of difference. If 123 Success worked for you just stay with it. There are a lot of us still doing 123. I reached goal on that program and saw no need to switch. My leader has not encouraged any one to switch plans her motto is: If It Ain't Broke, Why Fix It.
Closed Thread