Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #1  

Default Any suggestions with time management????

I have a 7 mos old and work 4 days a week 10 hour days from 9am to 7:30pm. I have no time to exercise. I wake at 7 and go to bed at midnight. There is not enough time in the day. Any ideas how to exercise with such a tight schedule. I have started parking further out at work so I walk a little more, but I walk all day at work.

By the way, my name on here is because I have a wonderful husband & son.
Lovemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #2  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I'm certainly no expert, but it seems with your walking at work, and adding more with the parking, you'd be an ideal candidate for a pedometer and just work on increasing your step count?
Just a thought, I feel sympatico with you because I love my husband and 15 mo old too but time sure is short as a working mom!
Kim
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Anyway you can squeeze in a different style exercise on your lunch break? Like take a bike to work so you can bike at lunch time. Or go to a nearby gym at lunch. Or you can run. Or...if you're in a snowy region, cross country skiing in the winter. I worked with a guy who alternated lunch hour running in the summer and cross country skiing in the winter. If you have an hour for lunch, you can get at least 30, and perhaps 40, minutes of exercise in and still have enough time to eat a lunch. I figure since you're on your feet, you can't sit at a desk and eat. On the weekends, or in the evenings, you could take a walk with the baby in the stroller. Or while the child naps during the day, or plays, you could do some exercises right in the room with him.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #4  

Why not find a park or mall near your work and walk during lunch? A friend who lives in the same area that I work, told me of a park with a walking trail. I walked for 20 minutes and got 1.66 miles in. I hope to continue that, b/c like you time is of the premium.
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote