WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 05:07 AM   #1  
Slimwithin

This may be posted somewhere else but I can't find it.
Today I was out with a friend and we had the 6" low fat subs for lunch. Mine was the hot roast chicken without bbq sauce and had tomatoes, lettuce and black olives on it in a grainy bun. With it came a small bag of Lay's Low Fat Chips and a diet Pepsi.
Does anyone have a clue how many points I should count this meal? I asked at the Subway counter if they had nutritional info but all they had was the list posted in a glass case and I can't even remember the calories. Sure hope it wasn't more than 10 points.

LindaBC

------------------
If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would have put them on my knees.
Old 02-14-2001, 05:50 AM   #2  
Number 1 Hockey Fan

Hey, Linda--

We are practically neighbours. I live in Victoria, BC

Anyways, I found the web site for subway. The canadian site for the nutritional info is:
http://www.subway.com/web_docs/nutri...Sandwiches.stm
or just the basic subway site at: http://www.subway.com and on the top left had side it will say nutritional info. Click on that and it will take you to a page with a bunch of places to click for the nutirition stuff. Scroll down about half way and click on Canadian nutritional info.
There seems to be a totally seperate site for Canadian and US nutritional info. Don't ask me why.

Anyways, what I found for you is this:

On basic white, Italian breat for a 6" roasted chicken sandwich:

Calories: 304
Fat: 5.7
Fibre: 3.0

They only give the nutritional info based on the basic white Italian bread.

I don't have a calulator here at work so I can't figure out what the points would be.

Also, I don't know what the points for the chips are.

I also noticed on the subway site that they had seperate info for the different types of bread.

For the harvest brown bread (which I assume is what you had) the nutritional info is:

Calories: 203
Fat: 1.9
Fibre: 3.0

and for the basic white Italian (the one they used before they got all the different, fancy breads) the nutritional info is:

Calories: 178
Fat: 2.1
Fibre: 2.1

The above nutritional info is for the breads only (except for the very first nutritional info I posted here.)

There doesn't seem to be too much difference calories, fat and fibre for the breads, but it may work out to a point or so.

Hope this helps you a little bit. Sorry I couldn't help you more. If I had a points calculator I could give you the exact points values.

Garbanzo

[This message has been edited by Garbanzo Bean (edited 02-13-2001).]

Old 02-14-2001, 07:56 PM   #3  

Hi,

I'm looking in my WW Fast Food Companion:

The Roasted Chicken Breast Sub (6 inch is 7 points)

The Super Roasted Chicken Breast Sub (6 inch is 9 points).

It sounds like maybe you had the first option since I'd imagine the second option has BBQ sauce. So 7 points for the sandwhich.

Diet pepsi - 0 points

14 regular potato chips = 4 points
14 reduced calorie potato chips = 3 points

= So not sure how many chips are in a bag but I'd guess at least 28 (2 oz). So that would be about 6 points for your chips (assuming Baked lays are reduced calorie). So the lunch was probably around 13 points in total. Hope this helps!

JB

[This message has been edited by jelly_beans (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 11:06 PM   #4  

If the chips were Baked Lays then they're only 2 points for the whole single serve bag the Subway sells. At least the bag they sell in the States.

Just had Subway for lunch myself. Even met Jared...you know the guy from the commercials? *L* They're having a health fair at work today and he's here with Subway giving out free lunch.

[This message has been edited by Legal Eagle (edited 02-14-2001).]
Closed Thread