Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-20-2004, 08:14 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday December 20th - CHAT

Good Morning

5 more days until Christmas

It is blistering cold here today, its in the 20's but wind chill is 0 degrees burrrr.

Whats everyone doing today ? Me, I'm just staying put, its to cold out and we are expecting snow later.

Tomorrow it will be 40 out so I'll go to the outlets then.

Coffee taste's so good when your home relaxing
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:00 AM   #2  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Smile

Hi Ladies,
Hey Leenie, Have fun tomorrow at the Outlets.. Enjoying a cup of coffee are you?? I am about to fix me one too. I just got up a few minutes ago.
But soon I have to get ready for work.
To all the other ladies, and you Leenie, have a great day today!!
You know,it seems that I have gained weight lately. The 20 something pounds
that I had lost in the past year, I have gained back. Not good. I need to do something about that..
Well ya'll have a blessed day.. Hugs, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lanee you have a good day at work today.

Sorry you gained the weight back are you thinking of starting a new wl plan ?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:50 AM   #4  

the big truck from the lumber yard just came and dropped off the supplies for the garage. The builder mentioned it to us yesterday at church. Man oh man, it's going to be cold for the men to put that up this week! It's really cold outside. Roger is going to do the electrical work on it and I'm betting that the driveday, apron and sidewalk will have to wait.

Nothing else new here. I'm investing in a lot of Swifters to keep up with the dust. Those things are wonderful BTW! I even wash them! they have one on a telescoping wand that is really great for reaching heights.

Have a great Christmas everyone and God bless!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:03 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies!
Tippy I love Swiffer!
Leenie I'm swilling coffee today sooooo coooold!!!!! btw if your hair place is in Milburn I used to go there they give a coupon every time they jack the price up I'm searching for a new one! Here comes long hair lol
Lanee I usually find my lost weight in the winter

Ohh the weekend was insane
the interview I think the recruiter was impressed with me but I wasn't too impressed with her eek
Friday night we had dh's firehouse xmas party it was alot of fun and too much food
Saturday we ran all day Home Depot BB&B fast food lunch (kids meal for me!) popped into mom's for a bit (she made us a wreath for the door) stayed for dinner Alfredo sauce need i say more and that night we went to my gfs to watch a movie and give her and her adorable baby ornaments for xmas Her husband doesnt say much but he's nice
Yesterday we cleaned for 7 hours straight then went out to do errands target qucik Fastfood Dinner between the time we went into the wendys the parking lot iced and I did a very graceful split on the ground DH picked me up
We didn't get home till 10:30 pm and then died
Oh I had a big wakeup call Sat night. Gf lives in an older house with a steep staircase
DH was helping me up the stairs to the bathroom and gf says in a nonnasty way I remember when you could do this on your own. Wow my weight has really impeded what i can do. The only plans that seem to work for me are low carb but they leave me mean and exhausted so i can't last on them WW didn't work so I'm reconsindering WLS
I was ready to have it last year was goign to go to meetings with my sister she had WLS in 2002 but i lost insurance DH is going to recheck his plan to see what the deal is if i can get into it or not and if i can thats goal #1
THe least amount I need to lose according to my ortho is 80 but basically for my cp i should be about 100 pounds or somewhere thereabouts for optimum movement
I'm just a bit overwhelmed by it all you know
sigh!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

It's COLD here in the sunny South too Only 41 F at 1 pm-and it's going to get colder tonite!

Kierie: You had a busy weekend Hope you enjoyed it! You mentioned that you have CP (cerebral palsy?). Did you get your new walker yet? Wishing you luck with the job!

Leenie: Outlet shopping sounds like fun , but I don't blame you for not wanting to go in 20 degree weather. Funny how 40 degrees seems warm to you, but COLD to me!

Tippy: Your house is really taking shape. I'm sure you must be cornering the market on Swiffers with all the construction going on. The results are going to be SO worth it!

Lanee: Hope you have a good day at work. It must be crazy with Christmas so near. My DH works in retail too (Lowe's), and I'm sure he'll be plenty busy this week. You'll lose that 20 pounds again-don't be discouraged

Cathy, Liz, April, CIN, Lynnie, SueMarie: Where are you today?

Have a blessed day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:20 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Joanne Ready for this? They sent me the wrong walker *bangs head against the wall*
Old 12-20-2004, 03:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I am crazy busy! just waving HI to all my good buddies!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #9  
CIN

Hi Gals
Heading back to work......my first meeting only had 25 members ( 47 last week)
Who knows how few the next two will have! But it is that time of year at Weight Watchers.wait until January!

I took a power nap after lunch for 20 minutes.feel great again!

Bye.......Brrrrrr cold here too and I love it!
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:04 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kierie, sorry your having a rough day. I can understand it though. Your signature says you want to lose 64 more pounds, why does the doctor think you need to lose 100 ? I mean unless your 4 foot tall WLS is very serious, you do realize that even with surgery it is alot of work. If you haven't already, check out the WLS thread here and ask the girls there questions. Many have lost initially but are having a rough time either maintaining or losing. I don't wanna get your hopes down, no way, I just wanted to say that I give you credit b/c wls is a very hard decision to make and to go thru. You know a few years back I went to a head hunter for a job and I though to myself, what a phoney place, it just didn't feel right. Well wouldn't you know, those people are the ones that got me a job ROFL !!!!! so ya never know.

Cin, I love power naps, even if I don't go to sleep, it still feels good to shut the ol eyeballs.

Tippy I love my swifter thingy too (its another brand but the same concept). Good luck on the guys building your garage in the cold. Hey !! I know a way you can keep em warm... PM me jk jk jk

Cathy

Joanne, I'll take 40 over 20 any day. Our temperature here said it was 18 all day and the wind is so incrediably strong. Whats it doin in GA ?
Old 12-20-2004, 04:14 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Leenie my top weight was 225 right now I get down to mid/low 90s and go back up to 200
as for WLS I have been cruising the forum and my sis has had a very hard time with it but I have seen it first hand so I know its no easy way out it's just a solution I want to check out more seriously IF i get insurance
My body is getting old fast I'm 28 and I function like an old woman Every year I lose more ability and exercise is only a real option during the summer I'm to sore every other time .
The doc told me I should be a max of 120
I'm sorry to be a downer but it's alot to contend with
Old 12-21-2004, 09:20 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kierie, you are not a downer, if anything, in my eyes you are an incredible woman, and I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. Your really an inspiration to me because your dealing with so much and your still able to lose weight and SMILE!!! Believe me, I've thought of WLS sooooooo many times, its just that it scares me (bak bak bak lol )

Okay... I gotta ask about your wonderful cook sister... what is she cooking up for the holidays?

HUGS !!