UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-18-2004, 06:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Default New Weight Watchers plans

I've just logged onto www.weightwatchers.co.uk and they hvae the details of their new plan. Its called Switch.

You choose between Full Choice (thats counting points the same as now) and NoCount which is kind of like the US version Core, and kind of like SW.

The big difference between it and SW appears to be that you can have unlimited amounts of potatoes and lean meat, or say rice and fish on the same day at teh same meal. So you are not having to deicde to have a green or red day, you just eat whatever is on the list.

However you are only allowed 3 meals a day (eat till you are satisfied) and any snacks can ONLY be fruit or veg (so no Batchelors pasta n sauce - I lived on that on SW.

You can change between plans, but they advise you stay on each for a week if possible.

It looks interesting - but lets wait and see what SW come up with for 2005.

I am determined to shift AT LEAST 3 stone in 2005.

Have a good weekend all of you
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:44 AM   #2  

SW has made changes as well, I have not gotten the new book yet, but obviously they are going head to head!!! It seems to much of a coincidence that they are both changing the plans to make them more alike...LOL
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes it is to much of a coincidence, I agree.

I heard that SW now has 4 plans to choose from?? yikes I will just mix all of them up and continue eating as much as I do now
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:34 AM   #4  

Mmm, interesting....I signed up for e-source, and glad I did, as I have the new plan before the leaders actually tell! The calculation of daily points is also different, age and level of activity are now taken into account. For me, this means 23 points instead of 22, which explains why I've been losing so well. I still don't want to use that extra point though, as am close to the next stone mark and will probably drop it anyway. I also don't count exercise as Tai Chi is not on the list and varies in intensity anyway. I won't be using the new plan yet, as you are only allowed 21 extra points a week apart from the 'free' foods. A slice of toast for breakfast each day, a bottle of wine at the weekend and that's it all gone, and what about a roll to go with your soup?. You can earn 12 points extra from exercise. It is of course a much healthier way of eating. What I really like is not having to count rice or pasta, yippee!
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #5  

Oh I am excited about all these new plans! and these Christmas smilies! :sball2: :sman: :merry: I don't know which one to follow will have to wait until slimming world give more detail.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #6  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichilady
What I really like is not having to count rice or pasta, yippee!
Is that WW that you don't have to count pasta and rice? I eat a fair amount (much more of that than potatoe's) so find that an interesting option
Purple Hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:47 PM   #7  

Default Pasta and Rice

If only it were that simple! There is a whole list of foods that you can eat 'unlimited' amounts of (don't quite believe it, there must be some kind of portion control), but that means there are a load of foods you DO have to count, ie bread and spreads, so if you also eat even a moderate amount of these (or if you like a drink or 2! ) , the week's points are soon gone. I'm glad I joined a while ago, it would have been too hard for me otherwise .
Not sure what the scales are going to say next week!!!!
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:14 AM   #8  
Must Stay Motivated

Purple Hugs,

You can eat unlimited pasta, rice and potatoes on SW if you have green days. I have tried both plans but prefer SW. Will wait to see what the New Year brings with the new plans before I decide.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote