Old 12-17-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Friday Chat, December 17th

Gooooooooood Morning

Today is my first day of my vacation YAHOOO, got lots to do but LOVE IT! First its a trip to the post office to mail a few items, then to the bank to deposit some of my christmas club money..oy. AND then I'm bringing DD to G'mas so I can go have my hair cut and highlighted After that its back home and I'll start on cleaning. Today the living room. Tomorrow the kitchen, and then the rest of the house. I still have a wicked cold but I'm not gonna let that stop me

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. TTYL.

Leenie

(I hear DD getting up, time to put our butts in the shower )

I will catch up on your posts tomorrow LOVE YOU!!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:12 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I will catch up with you all tomorrow, promise

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Don't forget to enjoy your vacation instead of using every day of it to clean!! Sure wish I had 2 straight weeks off! Hugs and love back @ ya!!!

Well, I'm not quite as tired as I was yesterday. Still feel like taking a nap though. The headache is still here (sinuses I believe). But other than that, it's FRIDAY!!! YAHOO!!! I've got 4 hours to work and then off to do more shopping. I really hate to shop!!! I never used to, but all this running around this year is nuts.

Newest news on DD: The reason the 2 girls are "mad" at her is because the one USED to be popular and the one hanging around her now WANTS to be popular. I believe the term she used was "I'm sick of being a geek" or dork, or something like that. And after my DD stuck up for her when the others in the group SAID she was trying to be popular. Oh this is going to be a pain! I really feel for her and wish I could help her. It's just nothing I say is going to actually help. Maybe offer to let her change schools? I did tell her that the girls WOULD get theirs in the end ("Mom, what does THAT mean.")...and she laughed when I told her Did I mention this girl is not popular material? And I'm SOOOO glad my DD doesn't want to be popular!!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning Ladies!

I woke up, weighed, and worked out. Not bad for someone as lazy as me on exercise! I went walking the other day and fell and the ice, and though to myself, why? But the losin' part of me said, get up off your keyster and move! I am down 3# that make it official. 20# gone! That makes a Friday bearable!

Brenda-EW! Doesn't that remind you of that old Brady Bunch episode about the popular girls? It never ends and they take it into adulthood, glad your DD seems more sensible!

Leenie-happy vacation! I glad you are feeling somewhat better...have fun shopping. Nobody likes cleaning, so I hope you just get it over with! Have fun on your days off anyway!

ttyl
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:38 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies!

Leenie: Hope that you enjoy your vacation! Sounds like you have already got most of it planned out! Enjoy yourself, and don't do too much cleaning!

Brenda: Hope that you are feeling better soon! Noone could pay me enough to go back to the years of being/wanting to be popular in school. I feel for your DD. Sounds as if she is more sensible than those other girls!

Roxy: Congrats on the loss! Keep up the great work!

Well, I am here and sooooooo depressed today. I don't know what is wrong with me! Not sure if it's because I feel huge and miserable right now, the holidays, my last day at work today, or just a combination of everything. I have been looking so forward to finally being off of work for a while. But now that it's here, I really want to keep working. I have worked since I was 14 (18 years) and have never taken any time off except for a weeks vacation here and there. Now I am going to be out of work for 8-10 weeks. It is just so overwhelming. Plus, I feel miserable and huge right now. I have only gained 5 lbs this entire pregnancy, but still I feel HUGE! Tomorrow night is my families get together at my brother's for Christmas. I think that may have something to do with the depression also. I get to feeling down every year when we go there for Christmas, because it just doesn't seem right without my mom there. I think this year is worse, because I really wish she was here to meet her first grand daughter. I know she is here....but..well you know what I mean! Well, enough depressing rambling from me. Hope that everyone has a good day. I am sure I will be ok once I Get to work.... I am working the lunch and dinner shift today. I am kind of dreading the dinner shift...Friday nights is when all of my "regular" customers come in. I am very good with the older people, and so most of them request my section. A few couples I wait on every Friday night are in the 80's and soooooo sweet. One of the ladies last week hugged me and said she couldn't imagine coming in every Friday night for 8-10 weeks and not seeing me. She made me almost cry. I am sure tonight will be very emotional for me! Have a great day everyone.....and I'll check in with you all tonight!

Lisa

PS Thanks for listening...I feel better just getting it out!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:11 PM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Lisa!
Sorry you are feeling down! I know it sounds hokey, but why don't you bake some cookies and take them to a nursing home. Our children are caroling there on the 20th. Those folks, are so glad to see people! Some of them never get company! I really feel better when I go. Take someone with you too. I always liked older people too, they have alot to say. Then too...it's hormones talking too. I always got teary when I had all those hormones zipping around in me...hate to admit it, but I cried and had no reason for it! What a dork! You can always go back to work as a customer too! Have someone wait on you! Hee-hee I'd do that! Take care kiddo!

~Roxy :snf:
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Roxy: Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great!! Keep up the good work. Sorry to hear you fell-hope you didn't get hurt. I hate falling on ice and am not looking forward to that stuff around here!!

Lisa: Sounds like holiday blues. And are you getting enough sunshine? I mean the actual stuff from the sun. Winter blues are always bad so try and absorb some sunshine if the sun ever DOES come out. Ramble away whenever you feel like it. It's the best way to feel better. HUGE hug to you and you've earned the rest!!!

So far so good. I forgot to mention the scale this morning. Guess I was afraid to jinx my official WI tomorrow. And blech....the weekend is coming. I'm hoping to get through it w/out blowing it. At least until Christmas Eve I'd like to be able to stay OP!! lol. I'm going to wrap a few presents and bring them out to my parents house tomorrow. Get them out of the house This way I don't have to lug them over there for Christmas day. It's usually so hectic in the morning I'd be afraid I'd miss somebody. This way I can make sure I've got things for everyone!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:07 PM   #8  

Sorry I am so late today everyone....been busy at work and we had our xmas luncheon at work too. Here it is 4:00 and I am finally sitting down.

Eating of course has been horrible but I know what I am doing so I am not beating myself up about it. January is a new year!

Brenda: Tell your DD to just stick to her guns and do whatever she thinks is right. It will pay off in the end. I was friends with popular kids and the not popular kids when I was in school. I never cared if the popular ones didn't like the others. Everyone has a place in our life.

Roxy: Awesome!!!! 20 gone...that is great I am not up for walking either lately so I can commiserate.

Lisa: I'm sorry you are down. I understand what it is like this time of year without a parent. I think it is so strange sometimes that my dad is gone. Believe me I had my "issues" with him but none of them matter now except that he is gone.....and missed my wedding Do I wish things had been different when he was alive? Absolutely...but mostly wish he was alive.
Hang in there....I am not much of a believer but I do know that your mom is with you every step you take and will be right beside you when your wonderful baby enters the world.

Well, I need to finish up some stuff on my desk.....I am off on Monday so in case I don't get to check in with you over the weekend have a great few days everyone!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote