Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #1  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Battle of the Bulge #3

Okay- Here is the new thread! Good afternoon everyone.

I will be posting a recap on here sometime today so check back for that..
I lost 2 pounds this week so I lost the pound from last week and one for this week so that is not too bad- especially considering that that my office party caused me to cheat a lot.

Okay well- I am running a million miles per hour today so I am going to go.
I will be back later for the recap and everyone who wants to- weigh in.

Let's get back into it everyone- it seems like some of us have been struggling (like me for example) but we need to get ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get excited about doing this again.

We can do this!! Even if you fall off the wagon - hop on the board so we can get you back on track.

Thanks again for all the support from everyone!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #2  

Hi all!

No numbers to report today - I still haven't managed to fight the holiday crowds and get out to buy a scale. But I'm making it a concerted effort to do so some evening this week, at which time I will report the news (however good or bad it may be).

I agree with you, Crime girl, and I'm on board. I have my office party tonight, so I'm sure I will be bad, no matter how hard I try. But that is the end of my holiday parties, and then I should be right back on track. We all need to try to do our best throughout the holidays and keep each other motivated.

I hope that everyone will get back on board and together we can keep going strong. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, and I'll try to check back tonight after the party.

Kelly
Old 12-12-2004, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Today started out slowly for me. I've been scale hopping and they all said something different this week. I have no idea what I did this week. I know I didn't gain weight but I'm not sure if I lost any or not. My clothes are fitting me better. I'm going to have to go with 145 as my weight this week and stick to the one set of scales - even though they're old as dirt. I can't take the scale hopping stress!!

Kjk - Good luck at the holiday part tonight!!! Remember this is a really tough time of year to be good!! Imagine what you would have eaten last year! If you can, eat before you go I definately helped me at ours.

Crime Girl - you're going to run yourself dry! Hope you're having a good weekend. Looking forward to the recap.

I'm off to make a meatloaf I can eat. Tough considering the restrictions....Talk to everyone soon!
Old 12-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #4  
stormy1

Well I am down five pounds total for the week. I wish the weight loss would be this much every week, but it will plateau soon I am sure. As long as a get a healthy 2 pounds off a week I will be pleased. I have three more Christmas parties b/t now and Sunday. Last night I did pretty good except I had two glasses of wine. I had no dessert and chicken breast with veggies at the party.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Let's eat healthier and exercise even better than we did last week!
Old 12-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #5  

Default I'm so excited!

First, Stormy - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! 5 pounds in one week had to feel really good! And also, great job at the holiday party!

Okay, Tonight I decided to play with some recipes and I made Swedish Meatballs with meat, chicken broth, brown rice, nutmeg and dry mustard, salt and pepper. They're YUMMY!!! Then I made a cream sauce out of butter, chicken broth, rice flour and rice milk. It's a little sweet but the meatballs are spicy so they balance really well!!!

It's a perfect south beach meal And I CAN EAT IT! I love meatballs and haven't been able to have any until tonight I'm so excited!

okay, gotta go eat another one
Old 12-12-2004, 07:51 PM   #6  
stormy1

Thumbs up

Little grass hopper your meal sounds yummy

Can I come over for dinner?
Old 12-12-2004, 08:39 PM   #7  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Weekly Recap

Hi everyone!!! Finally, I got it together and I am going to attempt a weekly recap- If I forget or miss anything, please forgive me.

Stormy- wishes if she was stuck on an island that she would have her hubby with her, a boat to come home, and enough gas to get back. She is finally out of school until Jan and has been busy doing all kinds of chores. Her office party was last night and I am sure she looked wonderful in her all black outfit. All week she has been doing good- she made tons of cookies and only ate one, gave great recipe tips, and has done a ton of exercise. One of her greatest accomplishments was getting through cadavor anatomy and I think I speak for everyone when I say -sounds hard and scarey. Great job this week stormy- we knew you could do it!

Little grasshopper- She is a massage therapist and in her spare time likes to read Bella Tuscany and test her willpower. She is still addicted to rice and seems to be in awe of "ice dream" so I am a little concerned about her. She shared some great health facts with us this week- freaky but good. Her bf wised up and took her out on the town to a play this week - good job bf! It might just make up for the Turkey fryer. Her dogs went a little nutty this week and tried to eat her vitamins as well as her neighbor is having some kind of police problem so she has had some strange happenings this week. If she was stuck on an island she would want either her dogs or bf, something to make fire with, and blankets. No yacht?? I think her biggest wish has got to be the introduction of new foods into her diet. I was amazed to learn that she graduated with a 4.0 while working 3 PT jobs. She has been doing really well this week and we are all not a but surprised- we knew she could do it!

kjk- She re-enrolled in WW this week. She braved someone eating candy in front of her without caving. She was in a 7 hr meeting on Tuesday so she has been working hard this week. If stuck on an island she would want matches, water, and her friend Allie. She accomlished earning her BA and MEd while maintaining a 4.0 her senior year. If she were to win the lottery she would buy herself a killer house. She bravely faced the shopping crowds at an outlet mall this week as well.

Cinisha- She has been doing overtime this week and has been doing great following her 1600 calorie diet and exercise program. If she was stuck on an island she would want a boat, a male friend, and a cellphone ( I am guessing to call in more beautiful men) Her wonderful son is one of her greatest accomplishments and I bet she is a great mom. Also, on her cheat day she only had one taco as a treat. She has done really well this week and we all knew she could do it!!!

Susanne- She has a stressed day on Monday but pulled it out anyway this week and avoided the "ice cream" cheerleaders trying to pull her into stores to buy them. If she was on an island she would want a certain man she knows, a nice comfy king size bed, and her bath stuff. Hubba hubba! I think she deserves it this week- she had a hard exam and she still stayed on course with her diet. We knew she could do it and I bet she did really well this semester at school!

Red Balloon- She was only on in the first part of the week but I hope she is reading along in HK. We found out this week she is one of Japan's top ranking horse riders and owns her own horse. ( I am still SO jealous) She is currently covering international horse races in Hong Kong and last we spoke she was doing a great job staying on course with her plan. Come back soon red- we miss you!

Oraki- She has been on a little less this week but that is OK. We missed her though. If she was stuck on an island she would want her hubby, a yacht, and birth control. (You go girl!) Despite her frustration this week she has been doing really well and we are all really proud of her! We knew she could do it!!

Healthy- She is doing a modified South Beach and Sugar Buster diet and has been doing so well this week. If she was stuck on an island she would want a boat,her family and friends, and some entertainment. One of her greatest accomplishments is her marriage and her two wonderful children. If she won the lottery she would want to travel and would dedicate some money to women's health issues. We knew she would do well this week!

Jazzmine- She has come back to the land of the living this week and we are so happy she is feeling a little better. If she was stuck on an island she would want Mel Gibson, a fully stocked boat, and some birth control. ( Sounds like a party to me) We all hope she is feeling better and the sty has gone away and left her alone. Despite that- she has done well and we knew she could do it!

Michiemish- - She has had a stressful week this week and we are so proud of her sticking it out on her plan. She attended another WW meeting this week and has been following the program. If she won the lottery she would get her own personal trainer and build a gym for people trying to lose weight. She is in our prayers this week and we are so proud of her!

I hope you all enjoyed the recap and I hope everyone is doing well!
Have a great night everyone!!!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:08 PM   #8  
stormy1

Crimegirl, great job on the recap

I was wondering, would any of you mind sharing what height you are?

I am 5 feet seven inches and I was wondering if anyone else in our little group is the same height?
Old 12-12-2004, 11:09 PM   #9  

Crime girl - awesome job! That must have taken forever!!!

Stormy - I am between 5'7" and 5'8", so we're about the same height.....

Hope everyone had a great weekend, best of luck to all this week...

Kelly
Old 12-13-2004, 04:25 AM   #10  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation mark my words. . . tomorrow is a new beginning. . .

Hi there. Found the new thread. Thanks, crime girl. Back in Tokyo now. Break was good. Tiring though. Much too short. Really need a true vacation, not just a change in scenery.

I really want to get back in shape, not that I ever had the body I wanted, but it was better than it is now. I'm going to go off sugar from tomorrow (my Tuesday) and cut all processed food again, then. . . get more exercise back in my routine and slowly work my way to beautiful health again! Yes, crime girl, you're right. some of us have been struggling, myself especially. I really have to start caring for myself again, like I used to.

Oh, and crime girl. STOP with the best rider bit! please!

kjk -- have fun at your party. of course, parties, especially year-end ones, are for having fun and that usually means eating and drinking. But it's never one or two parties that blows it, and besides, it's a motivator to have the parties to look forward to and lose weight and get healthy for, right?

little grasshopper -- great to hear the clothes are fitting better. don't worry about the scale. The clothes have it. Good for you.

stormy -- congratulations on the weight loss! 5 lbs! Wow!! And, you sound like you did a fantastic job handling the parties, now there's something I have to learn. I always overdo it if I'm having a good time. In fact, the better of a time I'm having, the more I overdo it! Well, keep it up.

While we're on heights here. . . I'm only 5' 1 1/2" Any other short people out there?
Old 12-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #11  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Okay, it's Tuesday morning here and this is it, going ot make a new start! Wish me luck!!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:47 PM   #12  
stormy1

Red balloon, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 05:18 PM   #13  

Hey everyone!!! Welll I've gotten myself together and I'm back. I went to the doctor over the weekend and found out I have bronchitis. Yikes!! I guess that's why I've been feeling so blah lately. I had been having this cough and congestion for over a month and I couldn't get rid of it. My husband and mother were very upset with me for waiting so long to go to the doctor. They made me use a nebulizer and gave me some medicine and I feel SOOO much better. I faced the scale yesterday and I'm at 273.5 I GAINED!!! ACCK!!!! Okay I'm going to calm down. I'm just going to keep at it and take it one day at a time. I did go to a local WW office and I'm thinking about joining. I'm not for sure about the price though. Right now me and my hubby are on a budget so I may have to look for a cheaper alternative. Maybe TOPS. Well it looks like everyone is off to a great start. I'm going to hit the treadmill and I'm steaming some shrimp, broccolli and carrots for dinner. Yum!!! I completely forgot I had a steamer. Now I have to find some different things to use it for!!!

Congrats stormy1 on the weight loss!! You're doing great!!!

little grasshopper Those meatballs sound sooo good!! I've been looking for a recipe for lower fat meatballs. The ones in the store have so much fat.

crimegirl great recap!! you're right we have to make sure we stay with it. I'm sorry I was MIA for a few days. But I'm back now. We just have to take it one day at a time. I just got really frustrated when I realized I had gained weight.

redballon How's it going??? I hope great!! I know you can do it!!

Oh almost forgot I'm 5'4". Yeah I'm kinda short! lol
Old 12-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

Default Hello everyone

Hey everyone.. Good afternoon everyone

I have been busy lately just like everyone else..But i haven't even done my christmas shopping yet..I have to get it done when i have a day off on weds.Hopefully i can go back to my apartment ..I have so much to do and have to make cookies for work and the family...I'm going to try to resist on eating more than 5...i know i will eat some...Not evn going to trying to say i'm not going to eat any...Also trying to find a housekeeper for my mom for the next 6months i thought it would be a nice christmas present for her when she starts chemo...

Oraki - that sucks that u got sick..But still sounds that u are moving and getting things done..I would be sitting on the couch being lazy..Hope u get better..And don't worry about the gain..i'm sure its going to melt off soon..

Little Grasshoper - I love meatballs too...If it is not a family secret reciepe can u share the reciepe with me please..That sounds good...Espscially with this weird weather i am having out here...

Crime girl - u sound like u always running around...Don't u ever take a breath..just kidding...You rock...

Anyways have to get back to work..Talk to u guys later..
Oh yeah i'm 5'6 and 3/4 last time i checked..

Later gators
Michelle
Old 12-13-2004, 06:43 PM   #15  

Hi guys, I just wrote a nice long post and hit the wrong post button and lost it! doooh!

Redballoon - welcome back! We missed you. Glad the horse shows were a hit and good to have you back. Ready to start some serious weight improvements

Oraki - man girl, you were sick! Glad you're feeling better now!! Be careful you don't over do it too soon. Good to see you again thoug

Michie - great idea for your mom!! She'll love that and really appreciate it during the chemo too. That's a really thoughtfull idea. No, the meatball recipe isn't a family secret. I typed it up and saved it. If you send me your email address I'll forward it to you. The sauce is a bit different because the rice milk makes it a bit sweet but I love it!

Crime girl - did you run yourself out of energy? Love the recaps!!

I'd better get to supper. (sorry, I'm southern ) It was a LONNNNGGG day and I'm ready to just sit and relax for a while before I have to do it all again tomorrow. Talk to you later tonight!
Closed Thread