Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 07:19 AM   #1  

Default Amazing Royal Adventure III--YEAR End! All Welcome!

Welcome all from every kingdom, province, monarchy, duchy, federation, or ------------------( please fill in the blank)......

To the AMAZING ROYAL ADVENTURE III--YEAR END!!!!

This adventure promises to lead us to places we've never been but have longed to see ... this adventure promises to teach things we thought we knew ... this adventure will be amazing!!

So, call your coachman, the adventure awaits!!

And as most adventures are written by the adventurer....

YOU decide ( and who better??) what direction you shall fly your colors!!

This adventure is a shared adventure... with other royals who will share and support ....

Open the blinds! Let down the drawbridge! Sound the trumpets!

WE ARE AFOOT!!

The Amazing Adventure Continues!!!

Last edited by Kaylets; 12-12-2004 at 07:21 AM. Reason: MISPELLING
Old 12-12-2004, 07:35 AM   #2  

Hello all!

Yes, its true... I am guilty as charged, could probably keep up my end of marathon gabfest even after my voice may give out...

We imagined how much it would if somehow we could create a "conference call " of all of us Royals and then realized, we'd not be able to get a word in edgewise for all the laughter.... But pehaps we can figure something out....

The Viscountess is just as I imagined, very funny and quick witted .... In fact, she even spoke w/ DH for a moment or two and had him laughing out loud ....She in fact, is quite the charmer and its very easy to see why the band was so taken with her.... although I had NO idea this was a FREE job!
Sometimes folks just have to realize that sometimes it IS what you pay for!
And btw, Cerise, don't know why I didnt say this yesterday ( not enough time?? )
Those No Guilt cards ?? Just aren't about Food Guilt.... nope... you can use them for ANY guilt whatsoever...

Just a sec, need to start a load of wash so I can post more w/o guilt myself ( gets a flight of stairs in at the same time!)....

Last edited by Kaylets; 12-12-2004 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:23 AM   #3  
deleted2

Thanks for starting the new thread, Kaylets! I like the idea of us sprinting gracefully toward the end of this year. Anybody still do new year's resolutions? Got any to share? I know mant people who simply don't believe in making them, but I love the idea of a fresh new year and another chance to get it right!

Cerise, sounds like you handled things beautifully and your brother-in-law is wise indeed. Not to mention it's nice to know that Queen Kaylets is so wise,[as if there were a speack of doubt!] so don't be surprised, K., if you start getting calls at all hours from Queens in Crisis.
Interesting idea about the difference between being professionally involved and personally involved, huh? And I didn't know you going to do it for free either. I know it'd be sooo hard to tell someone that I simply don't care for the kind of music that they love---to me that'd be the very hardest part. Frustrating to keep voice-mailing back and forth. I'd say to not feel obligated to call back since you've already voiced your reasons in your message---be assured that he's going to try to talk you into it. Not because he's a jerk or anything, that's just what humans do.

Speaking of doing what human beings do, I'm going to have breakfast! We really try to ramp it up on Sunday mornings, so we're having sweet potato pancakes with sauteed apples and date butter, some veggie sausages, and maple coffee..... What are you having?

Last edited by deleted2; 12-12-2004 at 08:26 AM.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:47 AM   #4  

Ok, Timer's set again....

Now you've gone and done it Q Eydie! Sweet Potato pancakes like Latkes???
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you grate them by hand?? OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did I ever mention those kinds of foods are part of DH's heritage???

I too need to have breakfast but you've made me think a baked sweet potato would be delish... and yes, maybe I'll add some apple too.....

Oh my.....

Q Eydie-- You speak in jest but perhaps a phone in show like Frazer but w/ all the Q's offering advice and answers to questions would be a good royal enterprise?? Very royal!

Well, inbtwn my back and forth to this post, I emptied a box I thought was one thing and was happy to find some pieces I think will find buyers on Ebay... and then in a forgotten bag, found a couple of th ings DH and I have been looking for....

Just goes to show you....right in your own backyard sometimes!

Ok...

there goes the timer again..
Old 12-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Well, my NY's resolution is the same as always, REACH 135 POUNDS!

Got to do better this week ... Foodwatchers, you will see much better food logs from me this week.

Yea, E, I need to get into that exercise groove also.

K, thanks for the new thread.

I am working (e.g., writing up everything I didn't get done last week) ... this is the thing I really don't want to do anymore, so I'm also proposing a NY's resolution for ALL of us that we don't do cr*p we don't wanna do in 2005.

Anyone with me on this?

Also I'm resolving to stop procrasting so much ... that probably won't work, but I'll resolve it anyhow.

I'm resolving to help keep the foodwatch thread going (along with the other posters there) ALL YEAR LONG!!! No one is allowed to drop out ... lifetime membership is mandatory!!!!

Back to work now.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. Don't know about a conference call ... some guy asked me to do that for a story yesterday and I said no I don't do that ... what about sharing voice mail messages now and then?

Sorry I didn't respond on the address list ... a few s have my addy but with key loggers everywhere, I'm afraid to even type it on my computer ... I think we should update the email list, though ... whenever someone doesn't have anything else to do! :s
Old 12-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. Speaking of keyloggers ... this morning I received a spam email with the word "Crump" in the address ... remember how last night I was going on about Andy of Mayberry and Miss Crump?

Sheesh ... there's no way to get these out of my particular operating system.

Doesn't matter, though.

I need to stop typing and type for work.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Well, ps again ... hope no one thought it strange about the Andy ramblings ... not sure what was going through my head ... I'm getting very wierd.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:05 PM   #9  
deleted2

No Kaylets, my pancakes were'nt like latkes, more of a traditional flapjack just with some well-cooked sweet potato added, and man, were they good! No reason you couldn't do sweetpotato latkes though. I made latkes with grated zucchini this summer and they were good.

I'm with you, Empress, with a resolution to be more real with my dealings with myself and others, and to get back into my exercise groove. It's curious to me that since I cut back on sugar that I don't exercise as much anymore. Maybe the sugar was making me all compulsive about it---because many days I'd exercise for 2 hours or more. Still, I want to break a sweat every day. I walked 3 miles on the treadmill so far today, at a very spritely pace I might add!
I don't think it's odd at all that you mentioned the denizens of Mayberry. Hey, I'm the one that went to Mayberry Days this past September!

Cerise, check in. Hope you're feeling strong today!

Old 12-12-2004, 02:46 PM   #10  

Hello all!

Did a some c*** stuff too... took a nap...
Dh is still at work-- he's hoping to be done shortly and I could tell he was sounding weary... We bowl tonight which might be just what he needs...

I need to run out and pick up a perscription and dash into the grocery store..
It is very raw outside... forecast says snow possible in the Poconos, but sure feels like it could be here too...

Old 12-12-2004, 04:46 PM   #11  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking Snniiiifffff - smell that fresh new thread!

Thank you, Your Majesty, for leading us through vale and glen (on our spirited horses) to our new dwellings. It's lovely and new here.

Breakfast: Eggs over-medium and yummy baking-soda drop biscuits. Ramon also had a cup of hot chocolate and I had a nice cup of Tazo chai.

I'll be back to respond and update, but I'm feeling really OK today. How could I not, when I had Ramon, Nathan, Kaylets and the rest of my friends telling me I was not fiend yesterday? The Viscountess is at peace...
Old 12-13-2004, 12:11 AM   #12  
Spreadin' the luv.

Arrow One more weekend postie

I've just come home a from grocery/cat supplies/video/thrift store errands run. Ramon's at work kind of late tonight, but he's got music to play and two of his favorite employees are there with him for the duration, so I think he'll be OK.

He's trying to cut down on white foods and amp up (UP, see, Kaylets? ) his proteins, so I got him some different organic yogurts to sample, low-fat cottage cheese and cheese sticks for him (oops - bought some ciabatta bread to eat with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, too, which he can't resist. Sh*t.). I also found some Silk brand soy yogurt - can't wait to see what that tastes like.

I go to this local little pet supplies store for litter and food. I love living someplace where you can frequent these teeny stores and actually get to know the people there - if only there were someplace I could find a bloody dishpan around here. I melted our old one... I also went to a local little thrift store to find a new dishpan and came out with no dishpan but some "new" pants. Hurrah! I needed casual pants so badly. One's a pair of Levi's 560s with a 42" waist (men's). Ooch. At least I have a pair of jeans again. The other pair are these cool dark gray tyvek cargo pants with red accents - lots of zips and pockets and little elastic pull-tight thingys. They've got room to shrink (my belly needs to shrink, I mean) up top but both pairs are baggy in the leg, which I love. I have new pants!!! I'm lucky - there's never anything in the women's section for a big girl, but since my torso's so short I prefer to wear men's casual pants. Lucky, lucky Cerise!

Now it's time to do the dishes and change the sheets, then it'll be time for Monchis to come home.

Um, Kaylets, stow the chatterbox thing. You'll have these fine ladies thinking that I couldn't get a word in edgewise during our conversation, and nothing could be further from the truth. God's teeth, woman! It was almost quite the reverse. I'm just glad you got a chance to talky, knowing my mouth. And no one on the face of the earth - not even my Mother - has ever called me "quite the charmer". Help me, god. There's no popping my ego now...

Eydie...thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou. What a wonderful paragraph you gave me to chew on. Thank you. You're such a steadfast, loyal friend. You've almost singlehandedly restored my sanity and my faith in myself again. You and the royals and my brother and husband and those new pants...

Amarantha, no worries on that address thing. Your computer has impressed me over the long months with its seemingly diabolical nature. I think it stays up nights thinking of ways to get your goat.

Now, look, people. I'm glad that that silly holiday thread of mine is an occasional visit thing for everybody since that's all I wanted it to be. I just wanted it to be a pop-in place in case you're feeling all smushy about the holidays and want a place to unload - no pressure. But you have to go over quickly and see the pictures of my tree! They came out a bit blurry, I fear, or maybe it's the lights that just make everything look fuzzy, but they're still beautiful, I say with all due modesty.

Alrighty. Time to hit the kitchen with my pot of that french-press coffee I like so much (decaf, Kaylets!! ). Love to you all.

Waitwaitwait...I wanted to laud Eydie and Amarantha for their NY's resolutions. Good ones, esp. the one about "keeping it real" with ourselves. I'm going to shamelessly adopt the resolution my therapist, Maria, told me of that changed her life. I will spend this year never letting fear keep me from trying/doing anything I want to do. Fear of embarrassment, awkwardness, whatever. If I want to do something (even something like going into a hip thrift store full of thin people) or try something I think I might be interested in or want to connect with someone, I won't let my myriad litany of fears of what might happen stop me from doing it. Like calling bands, learning to dance, trying yoga again. Things like that. It's a bit ironic in light of my recent musical imbroglio, but I'm determined to give it a try. Avanti! Kettle is ON.

Last edited by Cerise; 12-13-2004 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:58 AM   #13  
Spreadin' the luv.

Cool I can't help it...

I HAD to take a picture of these bloody pants and send it on. This is me in no makeup, mind you. You can hardly even see pants, too dark. Oh, well. Here I am, warts and all.

No, I'm not posing, and NO, I'm not holding my stomach in.

Don't I look KEWL?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cerise's-New-Pants.jpg (13.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 12-13-2004, 07:01 AM   #14  

Hello all!

Yes! We are the best Royals I know! Best by far! And just think, we have so many other fine Royals yet to meet on our Amazing Journey! We are the brink!
Of what, Kaylets...of what....?? Aren't the possibilites tanatalizing???

Been noticing something very interesting....

DH's extra hours at his job are partly becuase he has the certification for the task BUT so do a few others.... The gentleman who pushed DH to the front of the list is really responsible. Dh has known him for nearly 12 yrs and the two often hangout at the coffee pot, do lunch but the lifestyles are completely opposite.
When the extra hours opportunity presented itself, DH felt he owed his friend a real Thank You. Accidentaly, we found a gift the friend could use many times a day .... the gift also had his favorite team logo on it... the gift was less than $30 but actually a very nice piece w/ a life time warranty and even collectible in some quarters... DH gave it to the friend yesterday as a thankyou--- and the friend couldnt believe his eyes as the logo is not the usual logo, its an alternate that the friend must really like... because he lifted his pant leg to show DH a TATOO of the same logo !! What are the odds of us making such a bullesye!!??!!
Immeadiately, the friend shared w/ DH an opportunity the friend had been keeping to himself for a few months.... w/ a verbal promise of sharing the same w/ DH........

Then last night, DH and I finished bowling early. ( other team was a no show)... we had
said hello to a DF earlier in the evening but at the last minute decided to stop and say goodnight too.....
In conversation, DH told the DF that we had decided that since Ebay was so glutted this year w/ sellers, we were bringing back some merchandise so that the bowling shop might not miss out on sales.... Seems as though our honesty was rewarded as the DF shared his plan for a dream opportunity that literally had DH speechless... as the DF included DH in the opporunity.....

Now what I find most interesting is that in both situations, DH and I were only doing what our natural instinct suggested... in the first situation.. that a physical gift expressed better our appreciation than just the words.... and in the 2nd case, that since we couldn't make any sales for the DF, that to admit now and return the items rather than wait till after the holiday .....

Deepak Chopra talks about how a study was done to see the effects of fatty foods and heart disease on rabbits... All the rabbits were fed enormously high fat content diets. All but one group immeadiately showed the expected heart related issues.... everything was exactly the same except that one group in question were picked up and held for a few seconds by the research assistant in charge of that group of rabbits....
No one else was picking up or showing any type of kindness to the other rabbits.....

I could go on but the clock says time to go....

Have a great Monday all....
I've made your favorite!

PS.. Cerise! You do look KEWL!

Thought of the day :

"If you follow the herd, you are going to step in sh**"

Question of the day :

"Pick two people, past or present, fictional or real that you'd like to spend some time."

KETTLE IS ON!

Last edited by Kaylets; 12-13-2004 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:12 AM   #15  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Brevity mode.

Your tree is beautiful Cerise! Mine just got finished last night...my dear friend came for dinner and helped me with it...I have trouble with the ribbons...and she is good at it. Follow your instincts with the band...you've gotten lots of good advice on this one. The pants look great too!

Thanks for the new thread K!

I still need to look at those house picts...I'm gonna do that right now!

A...I've begun previewing my email online...through my servers' web mail. I can blacklist addresses from there and that is what I've been doing...I'm getting way fewer spam all the time! Then I chose which emails I bring into the drive....mayhaps this is an option for you?

to all! Wsw, how thee'd be?

Ceara
Closed Thread