WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 06:44 AM   #1  

help! my family is eating there tomorrow for my sister's b-day. For those who have been there, what did you order and how many points did you think it had? i have their menu...how many points do you think their special dressing would be?
thanks for any help!
:0)
daisy
175/153/109
Old 02-08-2001, 10:46 AM   #2  

Well, I am probably not gonna be much help, but I love that resturant. I like to stop in when I am shopping in Gurnee (outside Chi-Town). My suggestion would be that if you are unsure of the points I would: Bank up some points during the week, making sure you stay OP. Then, the day of the meal, just use the extreme meal idea, and save most of your points for the meal as well as the banked points. Also, I would just make sure I up the exercise for the week. Wish that i could be of a bit more help though
Old 02-08-2001, 07:46 PM   #3  

I know the Rainforset Cafe I have been to had some really good healthy choices but the servings are HUGE!!! When you place your order ask them to bring a styrofoam container along with you dinner so you can immediately place half of it in there. Out of site-out of mouth. Or you could just eat half, but I know I'm not that strong. The waiter will not even blink at your request. Have Fun!!

------------------
BEING FAT IS HARDER THAN ANY DIET!
Old 02-09-2001, 06:15 AM   #4  

Quilting Lady,

You're right about their portion sizes! They're huge. A friend of mine and I will take the kids out to lunch there on occasion, and we share entrees. They make a really good Chinese chicken salad.
Old 02-09-2001, 06:17 PM   #5  

How odd. I found the Rainforest Cafe to have mostly high fat foods. It was OK tasting, I guess, but it was pretty much just like any other restaurant/pub in the food realm. I don't think I'd go back again. The strawberry daquiri was REALLY good, though. I think they used real strawberry juice because it tasted really fresh.
Old 02-13-2001, 08:34 AM   #6  
# 3 Fan Forever

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/RFC/eMenu.asp

It's a link to the Rain Forest Cafe menu. Thought this might help you plan your night.
Old 02-13-2001, 08:57 AM   #7  
Is is spring yet??

I personally LOVE the RainForest Cafe!!

I usually get a burger as they are the BEST I have EVER had!! I eat 1/2 and take the rest home. I don't go there that often (there is just 1 near me and we dont get there that much) - so I can't remember how I count the points. But I find if I eat just 1/2 the burger I do fine. Its the fries I have to watch out for!!

The chicken stix appetizer is the BEST!! Chimi Cha Cha's used to be our favorite appetizer - but they don't have them anymore. I was devastated

Anyway you should try this place - its GREAT! Not so points friendly - but if you have some banked points go there. Even the buffalo chicken salad is huge and REALLY GOOD!! (and I am NOT a salad person).

Tara

------------------
[email protected]

Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!
Closed Thread