Old 12-10-2004, 08:58 AM   #1  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

Default Give It A Try!

Well I've been off my track for awhile now. And everyone's always raving about atkins-my problem is I'm not quite sure what to eat! I really want to try this along with my exercising, lately I've been eating like crazy and I need to kick myself in the butt!

Either way does anyone have any suggestions of what I should start my atkins diet out on? What I should eat and try to see results!

Thanks a bunch
Melanie
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:36 AM   #2  

First of all get the book and read it. That is the single most important thing. People have an idea what they think Atkins is like however, if you read the book you will learn that it is more than a meat and cheese diet.

Secondly, you currently weigh 120!!!! I hope you are really short becuase that is pretty skinny in my book! Are you sure this is the right plan for you? As with any diet you need to make it a way of life not just something you do to pull off 10 pounds. Although this would work
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:52 PM   #3  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Mell,

Atkins really isnt typically for people who only a few pounds to lose. It will help & is a great way of life, but most people who do Atkins are at least 20 pounds overweight & most of us are 40-50 pounds overweight. However I'm not telling you NOT to do it.

Where in Michigan are you ? I'm a Michigander as well. :-)

Read the Atkins books, New Diet Revolution & Atkins Essentials, at the least !!

This explains the phases to you & what you can eat. Join yahoo groups for ideas on low carb cooking. I am in a yahoo group that is strictly low carb recipes.

Good luck !! And welcome !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 05:32 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I agree with what the ladies have said so far. If your on atkins short term your gonna gain it back just as fast. Its a WOE.

Do some research but first, buy the book, no one can tell you what to eat, you must learn the program first.

Go to atkins website, there's oodles of info there and a FAQ's thread here. Hope it helps you.

Good Luck !!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:10 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

I really wish I had some words of wisdom these lovely ladies haven't already given you But they've pretty much covered everything. I sure wish I weighed 120!! Or even close to it!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote