Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  

Default Plateaus-share your experience

So I think this is an official plateau- I've never dieted before so I have nothing to compare it to. Basically my weight hasn't changed (up or down) since 11/24 even though I'm sticking to my diet and exercising 4-5x a week. It is very frustrating.

1) when did you have your first plateau (after how long of dieting)?
(mine was a month and 20 days after first starting)

2) how long did your plateau last?

3) what did you do to get over it? eat more? eat less? exercise more? looking for sugguestions- I still have 30 lbs left to my goal- I'm NOT DONE YET!

even the days I eat more than I'm supposed to, example: saturday I worked and they had food for us- chili, chips, cake... yah, I had some of everything But I didn't gain a single lb! what's wrong?!

and ps it's a "doctor's" scale at Curves- so I don't believe it's "wrong". the romantic version of my plateau is that I lost 4 lbs of fat but gained 4 lbs of muscle- but I won't know that for fact until the end of the month. A girl can dream right?

Last edited by KandiceA; 12-07-2004 at 08:55 AM.
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:47 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

When I first began exercising at 210 lbs, I gained weight, because of the muscle. But after I started dropping, I dropped steadily until 170 lbs. Then I hit a plateau for a few months. Then I kicked in a renewed effort...stepped up the exercise and decreased the calories and dropped again to 150 and hit a small plateau for about a month, when I decreased my calories again, then dropped to 140. Since then, I've been engaged in a move and other obstacles that I can't exercise daily right now, so I'm stuck here for awhile until we can get some kind of normalcy back into our lives.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #3  
Tons of fun!!!!

I just hit one recently and have been exercising and eating right since april 30 of this year, my reason for the plateau was not eating enough, i found this out because i ate a little of everything on thanksgiving and ended up finally losing two pounds that week. the only thing i had did any differently was eating a few more calories, so i am trying to add a few healthy snacks during the day like ff yofurt or applesauce, something nutritious that adds just a few more calories to my daily intake..... everyone is different and i think plateaus differ as far as how close you are to goal and other factors, for now i need to eat a little more but soon i will probably need to eat a little less or exercise longer, or faster and harder......this losing weight thing is a roller coaster!!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote