Old 12-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #1  
Proud Mama

Cool Hi Everyone!

I've been posting on the ww board, but I've been doing Atkins for a while, and wanted to see if I could join you all. I have lost 40lbs doing low carb, (with the exception of a few weeks doing low cal/low fat, when my budget says I have to). I lost 70lbs years back, but gained it again when I remarried and had 3 kids in a row. Had a hysterectomy, lost 40 of that, by eating horribly, and diet pills. Of course I gained that all back again, plus some.

I have been going through the "why's" as most of you, I am sure have, to why I am the way I am. Low Carb is now an official lifestyle, and weight loss is a symptom of health for me. Not the cause. I love this WOE. Everyone in my family get's the cold/flu/what ever virus out there, and I MIGHT get it for 6hrs TOPS! Amazing! I feel awesome!

Is anyone else doing a kind of low calorie, low carb thing? I don't watch my fat grams at all, but I do count carbs and calories. I'm in induction (and plan to stay there for a long while).

Talk to you all soon!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:29 PM   #2  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Hello Carrie !!

Please feel free to join us ! Join us on the daily chat. We talk about this WOE, life & anything else that comes up.

Its been great over here in Atkins world !! I look forward to getting to know you !!

Please post often so we can all be of support to you !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:47 PM   #3  
Proud Mama

HEY dawn!!! Where is this chat? I love this website. Low carb rocks!! I'm never hungry, and I am getting all of the calories, and food my bod needs.

I am stoked to get to know you guys too!
Old 12-04-2004, 12:58 AM   #4  

Hiya Carrie and WELCOME!!!!! The daily chat that Dawn mentioned is just a thread on the Atkins page we start new each day. Usually whomever is up first just starts it and we all join in! This is a great place for support. These ladies here are Awesome! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 07:05 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Carrie, and Welcome !!

Of course you can join in, everyone is welcomed here even if you are not following atkins (like me )

This board is open to everyone because support is more than just following a diet plan, its making friends and learning to care about one another.

Glad your here !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 07:57 AM   #6  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Yes Carrie look for the thread that is titled with the day & the date..Join us there !!

Welcome back to Atkins !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:02 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I'll add my welcome to everyone elses'. This is a great place to be for support and kicking when needed I don't do the low cal/low carb thing. I'm terrible with counting anything. But if it's working for you that's the best thing
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:43 PM   #8  
Somethin's gotta give

Dang- day late and a dollar short as usual...welcome Carrie...this is a wonderful place
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #9  
Proud Mama

Hey Marie! LOVe your signature! Do you know how I could have something like that? HOw CUTE!!!

Thanks for the welcome, all!
Old 12-04-2004, 03:10 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Welcome Carrie!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:01 PM   #11  
Somethin's gotta give

well, Dale (DH) found a guy online who did these for people...but he was kind of a transient figure...no one knew who he was, but you could write him and if he felt like it he would "grant your wish"...Dale wrote him and he wrote back with an anonymous note to tell us our wish had been granted and where to find the sig..... and that he would keep it for only 24 hours....funny thing is, the end Tink, the one kneeling, is the same as a tattoo I have on my back! Dale said he would try to track him down again for anyone who wanted one.....
Old 12-04-2004, 11:53 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

I can't figure out how to get it for a siggie. I've got one where a mouse writes my name. I found it somewhere online (would have to search again to figure that one out). But I've never taken the time to figure out how to get it to show up.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:58 PM   #13  
Somethin's gotta give

If you want to know how to do it Brenda, Dale can tell you- he said it has to be hosted on a server and linked from there...he said you should have a certain amount that came with your internet access- I just sat and stared at him cocking my head like when a dog listens to you- so he said he could tell me how to tell you-lol
Old 12-06-2004, 08:08 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Is that like a website? And would he be able to tell me where to find this?
Old 12-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #15  
Proud Mama

I just love the siggy's. What a cute tatoo idea!