Old 12-03-2004, 07:58 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Cool Chit Chat #93

Ho Ho Ho
Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. We are a warm group that provides support not just in weight loss but in daily joys and struggles.

Pull up a chair and join us !!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-03-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

On the phone with Rocky. He is so sweet. He offered to visit this Christmas. Which took my by surprise.
We are thinking about April now...........Christmas seemed so soon,,,,,,wait, it is right now.....lol

Just thinking so much about legal stuff.

Anyway- HUGS Mindee.....and hi Ellen
Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 PM   #3  
Closed

Hey I wanted hugs to
Susan does Rocky have a brother

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-03-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:00 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

{{{{ELLEN}}}}}

lol........sorry HUGS for Ellen.

Rocky has 2 brothers , both on the same island and both married. He has 3 brother in laws and they are all married. He has friends though....lol.
His best friend is in south California.

He really is sweet.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:16 PM   #5  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I am sitting here watching Frosty the Snowman , its so cute and the colours are beautiful,I wish I could be soft round and be happy like he is, I have the soft and round down but not the happy part. So whats everyone doing tonight ,I'm sad Susan gave Mindee hugs but none for me, Angie where is you I have looked everywhere ,inside out but you are nowhere to be found, I saw Jane all cuddled up with Mackenzie watching movies boy was I relieved you just don't know what she might be up to but she didn't see me so I didn't disturb her ,Susan is on the phone again with her sweetie pie ,so I didn't disturb her either ,I didn't see Cristi or Kathy but I did get a glimpse of Katy or was it really Katy ,hmmm.Marti was to busy to see me so I left her to her business ,so I guess I should go watch a movie or read or something since everyone is so busy for the time being , I will check in later to see if any one is around and left me hugs or something . so I will go away now , make some tea , don't suppose anyone wants any ,I will call when its ready just in case.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:20 PM   #6  
Closed

AHHHH Gee thanks Susan so nice (((((((((((HUGS To You and Rocky)))))))))))))) HMMMM and his best friend
Old 12-03-2004, 09:59 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

I so love Frosty the Snowman , Ellen!!!

Ain't he a HOTTIE??

See, I gave you a hug. lol

Rocky is off with Kris practicing baseball.

Need an attitude adjustment. He is spending $300 on one present alone for Kris.
Mine will be lucky to get a $20 dollar gift. They need clothes and simple things like that.

Just kind of annoys me. Am I wrong???? I love Rocky, I don't want this to fister......

Please...........Dr. Phil.........help me!!!! lol
Old 12-03-2004, 11:00 PM   #8  
Closed

Hi Susan
I will fill in for Dr. Phil , yes thats extravigant ,I understand how you feel completely ,When your kids need the basics it seems a little much,I think though your kids will probably appreciate your gifts more than the one with the 300.00 gifts especially if this is something he's used to.Don't let it fister if you can't change the mister ,My jokes get worse and worse don't tell Dr Phil please No I don't think your wrong ,but there is really not much you can say , I do think. its kinda a tricky situation . You do the best you can with what you have and thats all you can do ,so don't worry about it. No need for any Rocky Roads Sorry .Thanks for the big hug I needed that
Old 12-03-2004, 11:43 PM   #9  
Closed

Has Anyone Seen Angie
Old 12-04-2004, 12:10 AM   #10  
kitty Momo

I just think $300 is silly.
Just blows me away in the fact that I personally think Christmas is way too commercialized and would advoid the stores if I could.
Turns me off, I say!!
But, I will keep my cool

and it really burns my butt that Rocky means that as just one gift, I mean there will be others......

mmmm, also Kris "seems" to be rather spoiled by nana and Dad. Whatever he wants, he gets.

That is one reason why I kind of skirted the thought of him visiting Christmas. I mean ..........I have nothing.

I just have a really hard time letting others help me. Asking Mike's mom for a loan took a lot but I had to do something.

Also..........I know Rocky would do anything for me. I know he adores me and loves me.

My mom said "don't tell your troubles to him" and it is like.................geez, he is going to be my husband!!

Is he not the person I want to tell everything to????

Hey Ellen!!! You wanna be my husband????? lol.......

anyway- just venting. Trust you all to give me the best advice.

ta ta

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-04-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:01 AM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies

Aaaahhh Susan~hugs to you. You are going to find a lot of stuff like that will come up and I think if Rocky is set in his ways with his son on certain things it could be a rocky road ahead. I know V and I have had a few disagreements over the kids because he thinks I spoil them, and maybe I do I don't know, I don't really see it as being spoiled. He was raised different from me and he is not used to living with kids, or I should say wasn't. That was in the beginning. Not to be mean but I think you should let it go. I know it is hard to think about all the money he is spending on Kris but to be honest I don't think there is anything you can say. It does seem extravagant but at the same time he may be spoiled and they give him everything because he lost his mom. You know trying to make up for her not being there. I know because the first Christmas after the kids dad was killed I was fortunate enough that I could do the same. Of course I would never spend $300 on a glove. I would be thinking about how many other gifts I could buy with that much. But I was trying to make up for their dad being gone, not so much make up for him being gone as much as making the day a happy day. And I did that for a few years after. I just wanted to make sure they were happy. I know that buying gifts can't make a person happy but if they can feel good for a little while, for one day it was well worth it. Also, we bought them a lot because they had no one else to buy for them. So we always made sure their birthdays, and Christmas was nice. However, we did set a limit because it is too easy to go overboard. Although, I must say it is hard to stick to but I do pretty good and if I do go over it is only $20 or $30. Maybe, once you guys are married you can sit down and discuss things like that and you can let him know what you think etc. I have to say I definitely don't agree with your mother. I too think you should discuss everything with him because you are getting married and everything should be out in the open. Okay, I just contradicted myself there. You could talk with him about the extravagant gifts before marriage but I do think that will be a touchy subject. Who knows though, if he knows it makes you uncomfortable he may try to change that a little. But too if Kris is used to all that I don't think he would take kindly to things changing. I just think there are certain things though that you don't really need to talk about before marriage, but that is me. And I am meaning things like that. V didn't really agree with what I spent ont he kids but that is how I did it for years and it wasn't a big deal. See, I wouldn't have stopped the limit thing had he asked, again that is me and everyone is different. Oooo, so many isssues when kids are involved. But I know that love can overcome any and all problems. Sorry for babbling, just wanted to offer my 2cents worth even if it didn't help. Shuting up now.

Ellen~you are so silly. You do have quite the sense of humor and I think you could give Ellen a run for her money. You guys can have a laugh-off. How about that? I will e-mail her and tell her. Anyway...I love her sense of humor and her dancing. She is too funny. And I love that her mom sits in on every show.

Katy~yeah, Adidas is a fav around here also. Although...I did break down and buy a pair of skechers not too long ago. They are so comfy.

Julie~so did ya rent any good movies? I haven't been to BlockBuster in ages, I don't even know what is out there to rent. Can't remember the last time I rented a movie. Well, hope you got your tree decorated, or get it done tomorrow.

Mindee~had to go to your site and take a gander at the new pics. They are great. The family one is really nice and the one with Brandon and the reindeet is adorable. I have to say though the duck one is my fav! He is just so darn cute! And he is definitely growing. It totally amazes me how fast kids grow. Still seems like yesterday that they were that small. I miss it.

Anyway ladies. I should probably get going as I feel like I am doing nothing but putting my big foot in my mouth. Will possibly check in in the morning if Susan doesn't hate me. Don't have any plans tomorrow except to sleep in, hopefully. I say hopefully because I am going thru this where I keep waking up at the same time, too early. So hopefully staying up later I will sleep later. Just going to straighten the house some and finish laundry. Didn't get mine done because had to do DD two comforters because the doggy got mud or something on them, so that added to the pile. She needed those tonight. And then DS wanted to do a load so he would have a wokr shirt to wear. He lets it pile up till he has 3 or 4 loads and then wants to do them all at one time, usually on the day I plan on doing laundry. Of course he doens't know that it is planned. Okay, going to go because it is terrible when one starts babbling about dirty laundry. See ya
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 01:10 AM   #12  
Closed

Poor Susan (((((((HUGS)))))))) Vent away,thats what we are here for , to listen and help it we can and if we can't well as you know I tell stupid jokes to fill in for my inadequacies I think that if you and Rocky are going to be husband and wife you need to share your problems, and you need to accept help if he is in a position to do ,and it would appear that he is ,don't be embarrassed or ashamed everyone needs help at sometime or another and its not like the mans a stranger to you.so think about accepting some help, the outcome will be a better life for you and your girls and thats whats really important here,getting you on your way to a better life.I admire you I have said this before ,taking a chance to find happiness ,is courages ,I don't think I will ever find that kind of courage again ,I know I won't and I think coming to that realization a few years ago was when I began to gain weight and give up on myself.Everytime I try to get going I tell myself ,what difference does it make, what I look like,and I fail again ,I know its fear but I can't get past it .I know I have to change thisway of thinking for my children as well as myself to stay healthy, but knowing that my future is a lonely one its hard to stay focused. Whatever you have to do , if this is the right man for you, is to be honest with him and with yourself ,if this is what you want and you are completely sure in your heart ,accept his help and his heart and go find your happiness
you deserve it , and your girls deserve it.I feel like I'm giving a sermon here , All I was trying to say was BE HAPPY GIRL I always take the long route, and if all else fails I will be your husband I can only imagine what the other ladies are thinking when they read this ,can't you ,I can see them now talking amongst themselves hopefully they read your post first so they will understandOh I hope you get this all worked out ,I sense you are a little scared , are you ? Take all the time you need , and please if your not tired of hearing me say this ,accept his offer to help. now go to bed you are worn out from all this stress
Old 12-04-2004, 01:13 AM   #13  
Closed

Hey Cristi
You and I were writing at the same time and wrote the same things how scary is that .
Is that silly good or silly bad
I don't get out much I'm sorry

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-04-2004 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:40 AM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Aaaahhh Ellen~hugs to you also. Don't be thinking that you are going to be alone the rest of your life. I know that is easier said than done because I too was in a position that I felt I was never going to find someone. And when I least expected it it happened. But I have always felt that there is more than one person out there for everyone. If you had asked me 6 or 7 years ago if I thought I would have remarried I would have said no way! I totally didn't see it ever happening. But it did. So DON'T ever, ever give up on yourself, you hear that??

And Susan~as Ellen said, if Rocky is offering to help take it. He only offers because he loves you and he wants to take care of you and the girls. I know how hard it is to ask for help or accent help but sometimes we need to reach out and let someone. He is such a terrific guy and you are a very lucky woman to have found each other. So don't worry over silly things. *insert music to Don't worry be happy* In every life we have some trouble, but when you worry you make it double so don't worry, be happy...cause when you worry your face will frown and that will bring everyone down so don't worry be happy...do do do do do do do do do do do do, don't worry, be happy...can I sing or what? Or what!

Okay I think I am sleep deprived and I am getting goofy. Ellen I think you are rubbing off on me lady.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:13 AM   #15  
Closed

UMM should I be offended now ,first I'm Silly, now I'm Goofy ,Me thinks Cristi no like Angie Help the girls are ganging up on me,I need a disguise ,Ah come on I have a serious side ,somewhere I do really Ok I'M GOING TO BED i KNOW WHEN i'M NOT WANTED , GOOD NIGHT