Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2004, 07:16 PM   #1  

Angry Too slow!

Hi everyone, my name's Claire and I've been a member here for a long time, but I usually just read the articles, never post. But now I seem to have a problem of my own, and I notice that you guys are very supportive here! Anyways, I have been working out 5-6 times a week and cut down on my eating habits since the end of February 2004, and I've managed to lose 38 pounds. I was planning on being at my goal of 129 by New Year's Eve, which is obviously not going to happen now. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, do you have any advice on how to maybe speed up the process a bit? I feel as though it's going to take me forever to lose this last 16 pounds! Thanks if you actually read all this, lol!
sclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:05 PM   #2  

When you say, "cut down on my eating habits" what do you mean? Do you eat 2-3 hours within bedtime? Do you use a food journal? Do you count calories? I find when I am at a standstill, it is always due to eating too much and not keeping track. I would suggest using a food journal. (not online ... something you put on the kitchen counter) You can then easily jot down what you eat and the calories for the portion you are eating. I bet this would show results! Good luck!
I Thirst 2 Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:05 PM   #3  
Proud Mama

Hello! Thanks for chatting with us!! How many calories are you getting? Sometimes switching over to a combonation of lower calorie, lower carb can work. How much salt are you consuming? I am wondering about all of this, so we can try to help a little, without knowing, I am not sure what to say. If your calories, and everything else is balanced, it just may be that your body thinks it is as close as it is going to get. The first time I lost a bunch of weight, my weight loss was soooo slow at the very end. The last 15 pounds took a while to lose. It can get as slow as 1lb a month. I bet you are feeling great though. Good luck to ya!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Thirst 2 Run
When you say, "cut down on my eating habits" what do you mean? Do you eat 2-3 hours within bedtime? Do you use a food journal? Do you count calories? I find when I am at a standstill, it is always due to eating too much and not keeping track. I would suggest using a food journal. (not online ... something you put on the kitchen counter) You can then easily jot down what you eat and the calories for the portion you are eating. I bet this would show results! Good luck!
Hmm, well I have tried using a food journal in the past, but I never knew what to do when it came to the things without labels (fruit, meat, ect.) Maybe you know of a decent site or somewhere to find out...? Hopefully you read this again!
sclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:04 PM   #5  
Firefly

Default An idea

I'm not sure what your current routine is, but sometimes tweaking your exercise can help you jump-start. Maybe switch machines, do some interval training, try a new class...etc.
Cindy
Firefli10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:29 PM   #6  

For looking up nutritional information on foods, you might find calorieking.com helpful. Their database lists about every food known to man. It might not be exactly the same as the item you're eating, but it should give you a pretty good idea.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:37 PM   #7  

www.fitday.com is a web site where you can journal, and already includes a database of many common foods. For those not there already, you can use CalorieKing to look it up then add the info to your fitday custom database.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Slowly but surely, m'dear...

Remember the story of the tortise and the hare?

Especially when you're OH, so CLOSE to your personal goal weight - things tend to slooooow down as far as the scale goes.

First off - you are SO much better off losing the weight SLOWLY. Now how many of us have been on those QUICK Weight Loss Diets...lost a bunch of L.B's super fast, and in a month or two or three, they've moved back in with some friends?

Down at the Ladies Who Lift forum (please - feel free to check us out!) I've posted a snippet by Michael Fumento titled 'Get Thin Slowly'. (The link is here if you don't want to hunt for it). I think you'll find it enlightening and interesting! Depends on what you want to do...do you want to lose the same 10-20 lbs again and again and again...or do you want to develop those HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHANGES to keep the weight off PERMANENTLY?

BTW...right under the Ladies who Lift forum is the Maintainers' Forum...ya might want to check that out too - lotsa good stuff there...
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote