Old 12-02-2004, 01:53 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chat 12/2

Good Morning Ladies!

Guess who can't sleep grrrrrr! I went to bed around 11:30 and slept great for about 30 mins. Then I woke up wide awake! I do not know what the problem is. It's been like this since last Friday night. If I don't get some sleep soon, I think I am going to go crazy. The funny thing is, I am not even tired right now! I feel like I slept the entire night, but am sure I will be sleepy soon. I hope so anyways. I am off today, so at least I can sleep in if I finally do go to sleep. I have a dr's appt, but thank goodness it's not until noon. They are supposed to schedule another ultrasound. Well, I'm going to try to read a little, and hopefully I will get sleepy and can go back to bed. Have a great Thursday Everyone!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:51 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies, sorry gotta run, I'll sneak back in later
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:09 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Sounds like your body's getting ready for that baby I feel for you on the not sleeping. Make sure to take as many naps as you can

Leenie: You busy woman you! Don't let that man run you ragged. Tell him you've got to have time to come in here and chat

Well, another day OP...BUT I had a LC bar so the scale is up a pound. GRRR. Hoping that it'll disappear by the weekend when official WI is. Not going to sweat it this week seeing how I deserved to have gained that. But now it's down to business and time to get things right Getting my car back today. If I heard the message correctly it's only going to cost $50! It's going to be interesting to find out what was wrong with it. Did I mention neither me nor DH are mechanical? Sure wish we were to save us money. But I can handle $50 right now

Hope everyone has a great day!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #4  

Good morning....nothing too exciting going on. Taking tomorrow off and hopefully getting the rest of the christmas presents made...then I will be in good shape.

Saw the gastro yesterday...he wants me to stay of all dairy for a week. I did ask him if being on Atkins could be causing the problem and I was pleasantly surprised when he said probably not and that he didn't see it really causing any major problems. I have to get some blood tests done and then talk to him again in a week.

Going out tonight with DH and some friends for dinner. That will be fun.

Leenie: How goes the new boss?

Brenda: $50!!!! I wish! I am still paying off the $384 bill I had on mine last month. AND THE GARAGE DOOR HIT MY BACK BUMPER THIS MORNING!!!!! Can you say "touch up paint"?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Hello girls!! Missed you all terribly. I've had one heck of a roller coaster ride for the last 7 weeks. Let's just say that my little venture as restaurant manager is over and I"m back to my old job. I've gained and lost and gained again. Somehow I ended up a dress size smaller with 7 extra pounds. I think it's all water weight!

Anyhoo...I'm trying to get back to eating properly before Christmas gets here and kicks me in the rear. I did start back exercising yesterday and it felt great!!

Hope to be around much more!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!!

Well I think I am finally on the right track, I decided to wean myself off carbs this time instead of going cold turkey, try to save myself the headaches. Last night I did good and only had a couple bites of cereal to get the headache to go away so I am thinking today is the day to go totally OP. Argh I have had so much going on at home I have been away from the computer, so sorry I have been on and off lately I am gonna try to check in more regular. I didi good at the gym on Tues and going back today.

Hope all of you have a great day!!!! I will have to do personals later.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #7  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Post Good Morning Ladies

Hello everyone !! Hope everyone has a great OP day today !!

Brenda: $50 bucks ?? Wow I wish I had that bill !! I have to have the cv axle done on the right side of my car & thats like $250 !! But such is life, eh ??

Anyways Day 3 of being on the right Induction. So far so good. My energy in the evening is better. I am not kidding but before I was falling asleep at 8pm & couldnt get up till like 4 am !! Now finally I am getting drowsy at my regular time which is btwn 11pm-12am. Waking up hasnt gotten easier yet though which is 6:30 am. But brick by brick my friends. Brick by brick.

Alright I will be back later !!

I know some ppl said they wanted to reread some of the Atkins books, & by all means you should !! I have read mine several times !! It's best to read not one but at least 2 or 3. I am a knowledge junkie & if I decide to do something, it has to be 200%.

C U all later !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Lisa: I hope you're able to catch a nap today.

Leenie: Is your boss being that sargeant you were afraid he'd be?

Brenda: Great job at staying OP! And, only $50 for a car problem? That's not bad at all. I was afraid I was having major car issues this past week, and it turned out that my transmission fluid was low -- the stuff's only $1.50 a bottle and DH could add it! Now, those are the car problems I can handle.

Jane: Enjoy your dinner out tonight!

Lori: It's great to see you back!!

TG: Easing back off of carbs sounds like a smart idea. I always go cold turkey and get monster headaches.

Dawn: Keep it up! Sounds like you're doing great!

Well, another day OP and full of exercise! I just don't know why I ever stop and eat off plan. I feel so good right now. I went and played tennis last night with a couple of girlfriends, and we're going to start doing that every Wednesday. Yay! I can use all the exercise I can get.

Hope ya'll have a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #9  

Brenda: WOW only $50. Luckily my DH can fix most things, but sometimes we end of having to take it to the repair shop. I hate the high prices those places charge. Glad you got out with only having to spend $50.

Jane: Enjoy your day off tomorrow! Hope you get all of your Christmas presents complete! My mom used to have lots of gastro problems also. It was the dairy products that caused hers. She couldn't eat/drink hardly any thing dairy. As a result of this over the years, she had some bone damage (weak bones) from not enough calcium in her diet. She ended up having to have bone grafts from her hip to her jaw because her bones in here jaw were very brittle! If you can, take some calcium tablets if you are going without dairy. Don't want to scare you, as this was a problem with my mom for years and years before it got that bad. Just thought I'd offer a little advice. Hope you have fun out with the DH and friends tonight!

Lori: Glad to see you back with us! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I work in the restaurant business, so I can relate with you! Congrats on that smaller dress size!

TG: Way to go getting back on plan! I've missed ya around here! Good job getting back to the gym also! Hope you have a great OP day!

Dawn: Congrats on the 3 days OP!!!! Glad you are getting some of the energy back! Have a great OP day!

Well, I was finally able to go back to sleep around 3 this morning, only to be up again at 7:30. I don't really feel sleepy....just very very tired. Heading to the Dr at noon, and am going to ask her if there is anything she can give me to help me sleep. I really doubt that there is, but you never know! I am hoping that they don't make me come back in this afternoon for another ultrasound. I hope they can schedule it for sometime next week. I would love to come home and TRY to take a nap! Well, nothing really going on in my neck of the woods. Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check in later unless I'm passed out somewhere napping

Lisa
Old 12-02-2004, 10:51 AM   #10  

Jina; Think were were posting at the same time! Gosh girl, you sure are doing great on that excercising. Just reading your post makes me tired You are doing great and keep up the great work!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Lisa
Old 12-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

Lisa, I am sorry that you are not able to sleep through the nigh. I have been through it and I know how frustrating that is. I hope that this phase passes real fast for you.

Brenda, way to go for staying OP yesterday. I am thinking the pound up is probably just water gain and hopefully will be gone tomorrow.

Jane, I am glad that your doctor is not anti-Atkins, LOL. If I remember correctly, you stayed away from dairy for a while a few months back, so I am sure you will do it again and hopefully he will know what is going on.

Lori, welcome back. Sorry that your business didn’t take of as smoothly as you had hoped. But at least you have your old job to fall back on. Way to go on fitting into smaller size cloths. I have to agree with you that the gain is probably just water gain and will be gone soon.

TG, good luck on staying totally OP today.

Dawn, way to go on staying on induction for 3 days now and counting, the good new is that it gets easier and easier as you go. I was just reading about this last night. It seems that addiction to sugar is just like addiction to drugs, there actually has been a study on it on mouse that scientist observed that withdraw from sugar in mouse has been similar to withdraw from addictive drugs. If you can stay on induction for 2 weeks and clean your system, than you are going to be in complete control and not addicted to sugar any more.

Jina, congradulations on staying OP and on deciding to play tennis every Wednesday. Do you guys play outside or inside?

So I picked up a copy of “The Secret to Low Carb Success!” by Laura Richards and skimmed through it last night. Of course I am going to read it cover to cover to cover, that is how much I liked what I have read so far. I really can’t recommend this book high enough. It is a great read. And the best part, it is in paperback so I can have it in my bag and read it anytime I have a few minutes to spare.

One thing that I am after to learn these days is how I can prevent binges next time and there are some good suggestions in this book. But what I loved best and will try to learn and not repeat again is this. Have you ever eat something sweet but small and then said to yourself, oh well, I cheated, the day is gone, let me eat what I want today, I will start tomorrow?! I have done this so many times, it is not funny, LOL! Of course lately it has been less and less. For example I eat a portion of my sugary dessert and then thought, oh well, I am out of ketosis anyway, let me eat it all, I will go back to clean eating tomorrow, it is going to take me a few day to get back to ketosis, so why not eat the whole thing tonight and be done with it! Well Richards says that if you eat a small candy it would take your body a few hours to burn it and then your body will go back to burning fat again. But if you tell yourself, oh well, I cheated, the day is shut, let me have some ice cream and cake and I will start tomorrow, that is when the day is actually shut. Since then it would take the whole day for the body to burn these sugars and then go back to burning fat again. The lesson I learned here is that the day is not shut until I let go and eat loads and loads of sugar. Small treat that can be burned in couple of hours, every once in a while would not sabotage my effort, but anything more and I am asking for trouble.

Another thing I found very interesting in this book is that she claims when we crave some sugary stuff it is because we are hungry but not completely hungry yet. Her advice is not to give in to the craving for just half an hour. She indicates that after that half an hour we are most likely want real food. She also advices that if you don’t want to wait half an hour just eat some protein and fiber and more than likely the craving will go away. I am going to try these suggestions next time my uncontrollable cravings hit.

I will be back this afternoon to talk some more about this book, so talk to you later.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Rachel: We play tennis outside. The weather is great here -- it's still getting into the 70s/low 80s during the day! That is a major benefit to living in Florida -- I love being able to exercise outside all year long.

Wow! You're really getting me pumped up to read this book. I'm glad you suggested it. I've got to go and get a copy. I'm really getting motivated again, and I think this book will keep me that way.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #13  

Rachel: A while back I thought after doing some research that I may have had a yeast issue (caused by the nuts and cheese) Didn't really go off completely. Took a probiotic. Nothing changed........
The thing is now is that I told the doc that I only eat 1 oz of cheese a day. I don't do milk etc. So I don't know if that is what is going on...we shall see.

Lisa: I take my calcium. When I started using FitDay I realized how low my nutrient levels were and started faithfully taking my multi and some calcium.
Thanks for worrying

Jina: I keep wanting to go for a walk after work but when I get home it is so damn dark and COLD!

TG: You are so good about exercising! Damn you!

Lori: Happy Birthday...nice to hear from you.

Dawn: You are doing great and have a great attitude too!
Old 12-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Jane: Glad your doc isn't anti-Atkins. How'd the garage door hit your car?

Lori: I wish I could say I was in a smaller dress size w/extra weight. Sounds like a dream come true!! Keep up the good work!

TG: Slow and steady wins the race! Glad you're not having the carb headaches!! We'll manage to get this right eventually, eh?

Dawn: Even when I had a lot of energy I wasn't able to stay up until midnight! I get up at 6:00 w/no problem....it's just the longer I'm up the more tired I get Keep up the good work--congrats on day 3

Jina: You are an exercise queen! Way to go on getting it done!! Wish I had your enthusiasm and energy for that

Lisa: Maybe you should mention to the doc that you're feeling tired? Maybe you need an extra vitamin or something. Glad you got to get more rest

Rachel: that sounds like a VERY interesting book. I can never control myself for that 1/2 hour though. And once I get my mind set on "I want chocolate" or something on that order no amount of protein or waiting changes it. That's when I need to have LC candy bars or something like that to take the craving away. Just the "thought" that I'm cheating by eating those helps I think.

Well, went to go get my car and wouldn't you know it, they're locked up and the sign said "lunch". I know I should have called but WHO goes to lunch at 2:00 in the afternoon?? So now I'm not sure when I'll manage to get it. DH is out hunting so depends on that. Tomorrow I'm going with youngest DD and her class to Madison. I've never been there and don't ask what we're doing there cuz I've got no clue. All I know is they best make FREQUENT bathroom breaks cuz my bladder just does NOT hold like it used to. The bus trip alone will probably drive me bonkers!!!
Still OP!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:44 PM   #15  

Brenda: Our garage is 2 deep instead of 2 side by side...so we have to park bumper to bumper and SOMEONE didn't pull his car in far enough and the garage door scraped the back bumper of my car. Because of the shape of the car I didn't notice anything last night but this morning as the door was trying to go up I heard this CRACK!!!! and then the door is stuck....ON MY BUMPER! Not a happy girl...not at all. Damage isn't bad though...just needs some rubbing out and some tuuch up paint.

Note to self....don't listen to DH when he says your in enough!