Old 12-02-2004, 12:52 AM   #1  

Angry So Frustrated

I am so frustrated. I have fallen off my diet since my husband left. This is the time I was supposed to focus the most on it. It seems I am so busy that I have no time to work on myself. I am carting my sisters kid to and from school everyday, I am taking my son to speech therapy, doc appts, and my niece to gymnastics. I have eaten fast food a lot and I feel so bad about it. I just need to work on myself and quit focusing on everybody else it is so hard though. I feel my sister needs my help now and I should be there to do it. How can I eat healthy on the go. I am DETERMINED to lose the weight before my husband gets home. I keep telling myself I have plenty of time (he will be home in July) Does anyone have any advice on how to eat right even if it has to be fast food. Sorry this is so long but I really dont know what to do?
thanks for reading
laurel
lulu0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:20 AM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Fast food has some okay options - salads, grilled chicken sandwiches without mayo or cheese, a small fry, yogurt parfait (small), children's meals, no soda (or diet), some even have fresh fruit now. There are plenty of healthy options at the sandwich joints (subway, big town hero, etc.) too.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #3  
Movin' and Losin'

Jenicra mentioned some great fast-food options. If you have the time, another thing you could do is plan your meals the night before. If you know you'll have to be eating lunch on the go, plan to bring a sandwich and some vegetables with you. It sounds like you're really busy right now, but eating healthy is important, so make it a priority like everything else. I know it has to be rough with your husband gone and helping out your sister. You can do it!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #4  

Oh boy I've been there -- when we were remodeling our house I didn't have a kitchen for months and my kids were real little. We did fast food for a couple of weeks but I got so sick of it. Even if you get healthy options you get tired of them really fast.

What I did was get a cooler. Into the cooler goes fruit, yogurt, turkey, string cheese, salad, nuts, whatever will get you through the day healthier than fast food is with you whereever you are.

Also since you are helping out your sis is there any way she can help you out on one of her days off so you can have uninterupted time for food prep? You can bake some chicken, make some healthy soups or casseroles and stick some in the freezer for you, give your sis some to take home as well!

When you are waiting at your next appt for speech or whatever -- bring a notebook and plan your meals for the next three days, write everything you need down and then ask for help to make it happen if necessary. Throwing an occasional fast food salad or baked potato into the gaps won't hurt you, but relying on fast food on a daily habit is a not-good (and really expensive!) habit IMO.

I know it's hard and I've done it the "easy" and way and the other way and I def felt much happier and healthier taking the time to plan better meals during that hectic time. Good luck to you!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:40 PM   #5  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

when i had a hectic shedual i'd make up some rice and chicken with veg. loads of the stuff and split it into portions for dinner lunch and so on with water plus i always keep a stash of fruit in the glove box of the car.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote