South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 06:20 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Happy Hump Day Beach Chat 12/01

Good morning, Chickies~~

Geez, we're staring down the barrel of the end of the year! Can't believe how fast 2004 flew past. Seems like just last week I was still picking pine needles out of the carpet from last years Christmas tree.

This is gonna be a post and run. Got in very late. Last night's Stitch N ***** session lasted much longer than usual. It was just the four of us and we really got on a roll speculating about all the stuff floating around in that eddy in the space-time contiuum. Visions of heart monitor cords getting tangled up with garter belts and cans of tuna clacking together like castanets.

Okay, I'm outta here...only time for a splash bath...the patients are just going to have to tolerate the fact that my hair isn't Pantene Fresh today.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 12-01-2004, 06:52 AM   #2  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning!

I lost another 2 pounds! Yeah! I had posted my December goal yesterday but I'm going to modify it today.

Mama - Have a great day!
Old 12-01-2004, 07:35 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning chickadees! All is weel here in sleepy Alabama! I think the rain has finally passed and the high is 52 today. I hope we all have a great OP day today! I really need to get to the store! I rode my lil 1/2 mile lastnight! teehee I feel like such a weenie! haha
Mama... Have a great day! I'm sure they will never notice! You will probably get a lot of oh your hair looks so good today! That's what usually happens when you don't have time! teehee
Anchor... You go girl! Keep on you'll have to change your name to light weight before long! Way to go!
To the rest of ya yet to come.... Have a great SB day!
Old 12-01-2004, 08:03 AM   #4  
Trapped Skinny Person

Mornin all.

Bamie - I think I got your rain - you can have it back!

Anchor - Way to go!

Mama - I too cannot believe how fast the year went - I can't believe this month is Christmas - I am not feeling at all Christmasy. It seems it comes quicker each year - or maybe I'm just getting older. Blah

Me - not a lot happening - work - the usual - the scale crept up a pound - TOM is here. Blah blah blah. Today is just one of those days that I would like to crawl right back into bed.

Need to get coffee

Have a good one all.
Kim
Old 12-01-2004, 08:32 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pouring rain here this morning and the sky is that sort of yellowish gray! Yick! Unfortunately I have to go out in it to lug the garbage to the road for pick-up.

Yup - it's December, the month of temptation for me because of all the goodies around. I have to decide to just not have even one because one leads to more all the time. (There are some Ferraro Rocher gold foil pieces in the wastepaper basket right now so somebody must have eaten some last night when I was sleeping! It probably was my evil twin, Ruthless.)

Hersh and I start back at the Clinic this afternoon. It'll be her first visit since she got off maternity leave and they will all be astonished at how much weight she's lost. Can you imagine losing 1/3 of your weight in six weeks? No wonder her fur is in rough shape! Hmmmm .....maybe I can nurse six pups for six weeks and buy a wig.

I feel like crawling back into bed but am going to force myself to dress and go out in that crud. I'll be back later.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:18 AM   #6  

Hello all, well I hate to say it but the weather here in Bermuda is a beautiful 75 degrees. I am feeling really good on my third day of SB and down 2.5 pounds. I just love having the bloating feeling gone. I am trying to drink over 100 ozs of water a day and have done it do far. I am very happy to have joined your challenge and plan to follow this woe finally this time. I have been rereading the book and it really makes sense. Well must go see some sick patients now, I'll write again later. BYE
Old 12-01-2004, 10:08 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning all! It's storming here...wind and rain and grey skies, oh my!

Mama, so glad you and SnB were able to laugh about all the lost things! : Friends are the best! And I agree with Bamie--I bet you get tons of compliments on your hair today!

Anchor, Weigh to go!!!

Bamie, I think it's GREAT that you're exercising! I hit the snooze this morning with no remorse instead of going to the gym. Oy! I'm frustrated with myself! I think I'm going through the normal Phase 1 detox, so will hopefully be perky enough to get to the gym on Friday!

Bups, that coffee sounds good!!! I made a cup of tea instead. I have the third day of Phase 1 cravings! Sorry about the scale and TOM jumping on you all at once, but bet they are related. Once TOM leaves, that scale will fall a bunch, I bet!

Ruth: Ruthless? Ha! Love that! And love Hershey's weightloss plan. Is she writing a book anytime soon? Hope you stay as warm and dry as possible in this yucky weather! The visit to the clinic should be fun! I bet the people there will be glad to help fatten Hersh up!

Boston, I crave your wonderful weather! I have found that life without my 95 pounds of insulation is very cold! <brr> So glad that you are liking this WOE and that you are drinking water. It helps a lot! I'm on day 3 of Phase 1 too (a redo), and am smack in the middle of craving city. Day three is always the hardest for me...that's when my cravings throw themselves the hardest into trying to get me to step off plan. I think it's a last ditch effort, but I'm determined to hold fast and get to tomorrow, where things will return to normal!

Me:
I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning! I have to write a paper tonight for tomorrow's class, and I have cravings galore...so I'd much rather just wait this out in bed! I feel awful, and I'm hoping it's side effects of the detox rather than a cold coming on. There's too much going on this season to get sick!

Scale went down a little today...about 229.5. That's encouraging, especially if it stays!

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Last edited by beachgal; 12-01-2004 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Oops! 229.5, not 299.5! Must be the guilt talking! ;)
Old 12-01-2004, 10:34 AM   #8  

It is cold in Dallas this morning. We were down to the upper 20's last night and it is in the 40's now. I definitely get a lot colder now that I don't have as much insulation. On the other hand, I bet I can button my winter coat if I sew the buttons back on!

I'm feeling much better today after getting some sleep. I am planning on making Ginger Chicken tonight along with the rice, green beans and Sesame Ginger Asparagus. I bet my son will eat it if I give him chopsticks
Old 12-01-2004, 10:35 AM   #9  
Trapped Skinny Person

Beachgal - I really hope you meant to type 229.5 (or your trip REALLY did you in)

Sorry couldn't resist.

Kim
Old 12-01-2004, 11:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls!

Quickie... I'm just throwing in an entire load of socks and underwear. For some reason, the people in this house insist on wearing clean ones every day.

Back later... love ya'll!
Old 12-01-2004, 11:33 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tell them just to turn them inside out, Ellis. Youy can get two days then.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:53 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies,
Can I join in? its my third day of Phase one pass the tea i'm still in caffiene withdrawal!
I feel good nasty nj weather not withstanding (at 28 the rain and cold make me 90) I did atkins over a year ago so I was ready for the nonstop potty run but am definitely looking forward to enjoying my fiber1 again ahem
I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and joining in
Kierie
Old 12-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Well I hate to tell you New Yorkers but it is snowing here in Michigan. Usually what comes our way first ends up in New York! We woke up to ice and snow again today! Actually the snow is kind of beautiful if I don't have to drive in it. Gives everyone a chance to check their tail gating skills. My personal pet peeve this time of year is ding dongs talking on the cell phone, tail gating, there is 6 inches of snow over a layer of ice. As long as they aren't behind me!

Kierie - You are most welcome here on the beach!

Barb - Kids will eat it with chop sticks! Works every time for my DS.

Boston Chick - I need you to set up a web camera pointed at the beach so I can look at the wonderful weather.

I'm looking forward to Chicago this weekend. I'm more concerned about planning my food than my suitcase!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Amy pack your own Snacks! for chicago
and I agree I could use a Beach view too
Old 12-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Kierie, absolutely! We're glad to have you join us!
Listen, if you're really dying for a coffee, then have one. There are quite a few of us die-hards that refuse to give it up.

Amy, we've got snow here, too. LOTS of it!! It always kind of throws me... it just seems so... so... unacceptable!!!
Closed Thread