Old 11-26-2004, 08:20 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #299 TGIF?

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Friday!

Doesn't feel like Friday to me But I guess I am gonna go ahead and run to town to fight the crowd.

I am just going to the game store for the boys some gameboy games
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #3  
Jeniqua

Good morning!! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope all of you did too. This morning I am really tierd..but pushing myself. My niece and nephews are on their way here. I have to babysit today. I was suppose to go shopping for black friday but I wouldn't get up. I was up til 3 this morning. I am going shopping this evening though. I can't put Christmas shopping off any longer. I have 2 secret sisters I have to shop for from my other groups online. I love spending money I don't have...lol! Well I'll check in later..Have a great FRIDAY!!!

PENNY~ GOOD MORNING!!! Have a lovely day.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:32 AM   #4  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Morning ladies...

Kris..thanks for the heads up about bookmarking the support site. Smart girl. LOL

Things are good here. We had a nice Thanksgiving. Donald had to work so we ended up eating in the evening. The boys got to drink from stemware and they thought that was the most terrific thing ever. LOL And Nathan (6) proposed the toast...''I am thankful for my parents who are the best and for my wonderful family''

Today I've been busy, doing general housekeeping, catching up on laundry, and making a database for the Christmas card addresses.

I hope yall are having a good day. We have to get our tree out of storage and put it up over the weekend. Yay.

Oh and Michelle...can I have a pretty Christmas siggy? purty pleeeeeeaaassssseeee.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:47 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!!
Did everyone have a fantastic, wonderful, stupendous Thanksgiving?
We left the house yesterday at 12:30pm and didn't get home until almost 11:30pm!
We haven't stayed out visiting friends like that in years! We visited a family that had 7 people, with our 12, it was a housefull! We had everything!There was so much food!! I ate in moderation (sorta)
and didn't feel too bad. I'm allergic to alcohol and they laughed at my face when I had my 2 swallows of wine. Within 10 minuted I turn/ flush very red! You can see it happening. After the dinner...which was very, very good, they had invited 2 of our other families of friends over (we all have known each other for years) and we had 26 children and about 8 adults there so we were packed. My son played piano, and two of the other boys played guitar. We all sang for a long while,then the guitar playing boys who are really adults age started drinking and played and played. They must have played for like 2 1/2 hour without a break! Well all the men got loose...you know men. They ended up talkin', jokin', laughin' until they were cryin, hee-hawing! We haven't cut up like that in a while! I brought Fresca for myself, cause I'm the only person there who drinks diet. Then they found out how great that stuff mixes with vodka. So I had to go drink water. They shamelessly drank it all! Anyway we had some very, very tired children. They were all good except for Celine (almost 3) who saw the hostess's bright yellow feather duster pulled out some of the feathers and had them in her mouth licking them! I had just finished telling the thermometer story. Everyone thought she was probably the one who had it in her mouth first! Maybe she has worms!
I did weigh myself this morning and I didn't gain any weight for this week but didn't lose either I don't know maybe it will change by the week end. I couldn't help myself! Today is our 21st wedding anniversary, so I better go make some coffee for my prince, who probably, judging by last night must have a good headache going. I read your posts from yesterday and realize we are all very blessed. TTYL
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:49 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Michelle, I'm going to do the photobucket thing today. They only have 2 hours in the daytime when they will take new free accounts. Thanks for waiting!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:06 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies!!! Congratualtions on you anniversary Roxy!!! It sounds like everyone had a very good time yesterday!!! Normally we'd avoid the whole black friday scene, but we are out of dog food and conditioner, so we have to go out. But, luckily we can just run into k-mart and be done. DH is a huge last minute shopper and since he's pretty much in control the cash flow I have to be one too

Well have a nice day all.
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

I was up at 4:30 this morning and waiting in line at walmart at 5am until they opened at 6am and I'm now 400 dollars poorer and dead tired so I just wanted to come say hello! I hope you all have a great day!! I'm going to bed lol!! Goodnight!!

Love to you all!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...
I've been up since 3:30 this morning. We had to hit the stores early. Shopko opened at 5. MY sisters (Jennifer and Janet), Lana (Jen's MIL) and I did some early morning shopping. I got Kayla totally done. Nicole almost done and Tiana too. I even x'd my 2 nephews, my SIL, and my niece off the "to buy" list. And found an awesome deal on a gift for my DH. My mom loaned me some money last night so I could get in on the feeding frenzy today. Bless her. She says not to pay her back until after Christmas too.

I overstuffed yesterday. Not on the turkey, mind you. I hit the cheese ball, crackers, and pumpkin pie. My mom makes one awesome pie. At least the cheese ball was made of fat-free cheddar and fat-free cream cheese. Well I have to get cracking on these ebay boxes I have to ship out. And I also got to get Jill's present all ready to go. TTFN and hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

LOVe,
chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Sorry I have not been around much lately. I'm having a hard time balancing my time right now. I haven't worked in 6 years and on top of that I never worked before while I had kids, lol. So coming home, getting dinner done and spending time with them takes up my evening and then I've been going to bed at 8:30 pm so I get a good nights sleep for work... so there it is in a nutshell, lol. But I get 4 days off for thanksgiving holiday!!! So no work for me until monday so I'm trying to catch up on housework and spending extra time with the kids. On top of that I've had some sort of chest cold. But anyway, HERE I AM!!! LOL! Sounds like you all had a great thanksgiving! My dh had family come in from colorado and such so we did a big mexican dinner last night and will do a big turkey feast this sunday. I actually didn't eat much last night but I'm sure what I did eat had alot of cals. O-well... I'm sure everything will balance out sooner or later. Dh was in for last night and just left out today, then he will be back saturday night and stay sunday and leave monday. So I'm looking forward to that.
Work has been going great. I can't believe I've been there 3 weeks already! We've been learning so much stuff. I guess I never really knew anything about health insurance before so this has been a real eye opener for me. But I've made some friends and my cousin works there so I see her every now and then, but it's been alot of fun so far.
Other than that nothing really new happening around here. Deana I'll take you up on that outing anytime, lol. I'm off every weekend. But so is my dh so he may have to tag along, lol.
Crystal, that pumpkin roll recipe sounds great! I wrote it down and may try it for this sunday. How is your pregnancy going? Any problems? I feel so behind on everyone.
Michelle, what did you get today??? Dh asked me this morning if I wanted to go shopping but frankly, I'm just pooped, lol. I said I'm staying home and cleaning and taking a nap later, lol.
Misty, I don't think we've met. I'm spryng, mother of 3. I started working again full time 3 weeks ago so you haven't seen me here much, but prior to that I've been with this group almost 3 years now. I hit my goal weight back in april and have since been trying to meet my personal goal weight, I'm on weight watcher, the core plan. What plan are you doing? I hope to get to know you better soon!
Penny, did you get anything good today? How have you been?
Well, I guess I better get back to my kitchen, lol. I came in here to take a break for a minute. But you will see me again today!!! I PROMISE!! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #11  
soontobethin

Hi, everyone. I had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like all of you did too. I was up at 5 and at walmart by 5:15, fighting the masses. I had to shop for a friend from school, plus my stuff. Thank goodness our Walmart is open 24/7, so we didn't have to wait outside. Just had to find what tarp the stuff we wanted was under. We also bought us a new Christmas tree, and will put it up tomorrow. Have a good weekend. Unfortunatly, I have school tonight. Oh well. I will check in sometime this weekend. I have Ginny's gift all bought and will be sending it out tomorrow.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:34 PM   #12  
Jeniqua

Roxy~ I just read that you said you had homeschooling material you want to get rid of..I would love to get it from you if you still have it. Plz let me know.I can't believe I missed that thread. Someone else told me that's why they want to label kids too. It's ashame, isn't it??

Spryng~ It's so nice to see you around again! Try not to over do it.

Michelle~ What bargins did you get for black friday??

Crystal~ Hopefully you're not too busy today..lol.

Sherry~ Where are you?? I hope all is well..email me.

Misty~ How did babysitting go the other day?? I had 8 kids and oohh my!! Lets just say 4pm didn't come fast enough..lol

Can someone tell me what "OP" stands for??

Starting tomorrow I'm back on track again..

My son's crying, I'll be back on later..
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 05:17 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Hi ladies,

OP is "on plan"...

Hi Spryng...I can surely understand!! I only work 3 days a week and have 2 kids and I don't have much time to post anymore. Now that the holidays are coming, I have even less.

I'm at work now just checking in...it's pretty quiet today but I don't want to get caught .

I'll check back in later! Love and miss you ladies.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 05:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!

I just woke up but I'm still feeling a bit rummy lol!

Spryng I'm so gladto see a post from you!!! How are you feeling sweetie pie honey bunch? lol yeah told ya I was feeling funny!!

Penny did you go shop today too? Did you get some good stuff?

Geri!!!! I misssssssss eweeeeeeeee!!!!! LOL How are you doing? How are those adorable little boys?

Oh Jeniqua and Cheri I know you both requested xmas siggies, I will make you both one but I probably won't get to it until tomorrow, I have to finish my rough draft for my paper so I need to concentrate on that but no worries I will make them for you!

Chris sounds like you loaded up too!! My blazer was packed!! My sister thought I was nuts, hmmmm perhaps I am lol!!

Okay girls I need to get going and get in the shower and get ready for work!
Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #15  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. I haven't been around today because we celebrated Thanksgiving with MY family today. Yesterday was dh's family. I got to do it two days in a row. I LOVE Thanksgiving and everything that comes with it.
You couldn't PAY me to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving so I enjoy having another Thanksgiving celebration instead. In fact, I do probably 75% of my Christmas shopping online or through catalogs.
I'm wanting to put up Christmas decor tomorrow, but dh is such a scrooge and is trying to talk me into it for next weekend. He says our house is too small and I don't want all that crap in our way for a month. True enough, our house is too small, but I don't mind dealing with it for a month because it's so pretty. If it's up to me it'll be tomorrow but he has to get it all out of the storage for me, so I may not have a choice but to wait.
I do have to clean, clean, clean tomorrow, we're having Andrew's b-day party on Sunday.

Spryng, so glad to see you on here. Sorry you've been so busy but glad that everything is going good. I hope you try that pumpkin roll because it's to die for. My pregnancy is going fine. I'm feeling good, starting to get more tired and miserable. I have 10 weeks to go, actually a little less than.

Michelle, glad you found some great bargains, bless your heart for going TODAY!

Hello Geri, Sherry, Roxy, Penny, Misty, Jeniqua, Ricci, Chris and Cheri. Sorry not to get personal with all of you. I'm still trying to rest from two days of stuffing myself with stuffing, lol.

Hope you all have a great evening. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote