UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-25-2004, 08:03 AM   #1  
Getting back on track!

Default Did anyone see Chubby Chasers?

Did anyone else see it on ITV last night? I'm not sure what I thought. It was about men who love 'big women.' Some went for what they called 'plumpers' (13 -20stoners) Then the next category was up to 30 stone then men who were looking for women above 30 stone. There was this lovely woman on from the US who was nearly 500 pounds (I think that's right) and she was engaged to a man from England who loved fat women. She couldn't breathe, had a tube in her neck and had to sleep on a hospital bed with air to help her breathe. Because of this she was told to have a 'lap band' (I think that's what you call them) on her tummy to lose weight. She had lost 8 stone and was worried he wouldn't love her. He said he did but her friends doubted that they'd be happy if she lost weight. It just seemed a bit sad to me. What's wrong with just loving people for who they are and not what they weigh or look like? Is it as bad as men who would only go out with women who weigh about 8 stone?
The women interviewed said they were having an excellent time , they loved going to this club which was for fat women and men who loved them, which is great. I think the American women I mentioned earlier was a very extreme example.
What did you all think???
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:34 AM   #2  

I think it's great when people are happy in themselves and have self confidence. Didn't one of them say that her first boyfriend would never be seen out with her, and then found someone who loved her for herself and was proud of being seen with her? I'm sure that most of us have turned to this messageboard because we are not happy with the way we are. The most important issue for me is that of health. At my heaviest I was not only unhappy but had very little energy, and worried about my joints and heart as I was getting palpitations a lot. Those problems have improved considerably, and my clothes no longer strain over my belly. Conversely, really skinny people worry me - that can't be healthy either!
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:50 AM   #3  
Queen of Chaos!

I hate these programmes, they turn fat into a freak show, although I keep watching them in the hope I'll be proved wrong!!
The "BBW" scene has been around on the net for ages, although I'm not convinced it's not more of a fetish than a preference.
I am a self confessed "chubby chaser" in that I like big men, my current squeeze is 6'5" and about 22 stone (at a guess) but personally I can't see what would be so attractive about someone at 40 stone, especially from a health point of view. My last long term BF was about 6' and weighed 23 stone, I forced him to go to the doc's because he was extremely stresed through work, the doc's said "you're about a week away from a stroke". now from a selfish point of view, I just had visions of pushing the git about in a wheelchair for the rest of my days - no way hosé!! Especially as it was self inflicted. the last I heard from him he was waiting to hear if he was going to have to go on the heart transplant list! He's only 39 FFS!!
Anyway, if these women are happy to live like that, good on 'em, although being about 6st over my "Ideal" weight ans knowing how uncomfortable it feels and how many joints are aching, I cannot believe that it's enjoyable being 40st!
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.5/163.5/147

Height: 5'7"

As someone who has been 6-7 stone overweight, I will never EVER understand how women (in particular, young women) can truthfully say that they're happy being 30+ stone and looking like that. Maybe I'm vain or shallow, but being overweight has only ever made me feel unattractive and caused me to have zero self confidence.

I can't honestly believe that these people are truly happy or that they really feel sexy because at my heaviest I only ever felt ugly and disgusting.

Even now, I can't believe I'm attractive and that all stems from being so overweight in the past, although I'm a lot more confident nowadays than I ever was back then.

All I can say is that they must be a lot stronger than me if they really do feel happy as they are. And if they are, good luck to them, although the health risks are there for all to see.
^^Angel^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 05:38 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL @ Mystic "pushing the git around in a wheelchair"

There was something on here the other week..I think it was on Oprah..she was reviewing old stories and one was about a woman bedridden..on Oxygen and struggling to lose weight she had a thin boyfriend who swore undying love..on the update he'd married her best friend and she'd died of a broken heart they said but more likely from health problems brought on by her obesity.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

i'm 6' and at one point was 23st i was fine with it until some pics came back of me and i realised then how big i was and then i was shocked. i was always big when i was playing rugby i was about 20st but after i hurt my neck it piled on to 23ish. i got down to 16st this summer and i felt exactly the same sure the cloths were a little baggier well alot lol and i now have a neck but i'm currently at 18st and people are shocked about that cos i carry it well so i'm told lol but according to those gospel stats at the doctors i'm 4 stone over weight
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #7  
Queen of Chaos!

Well Si at least you realised before getting rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack!! What annoyed me about my ex was I warned him about his health, he also has asthma, and now has diabetes as well as a heart problem, he insisted on sabotaging every attempt I made at losing weight (I put on over three stone in the three years I was with him) He has been forced into a situation where he has to lose weight or die now.
I kinda wish now I'd stuck with him, I could have pushed his wheel chair to the edge of a cliff and "forgot" the handbrake...............kidding, just kidding....
Old 11-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #8  
Becomming a Monster

this is true i guess but i'm always in hospital though not for health issues normally through injuries due to being stupid lol
Old 11-27-2004, 05:04 AM   #9  
Getting back on track!

Well I must admit I like 'chunky' men myself. I know some men like 'fuller figured' women but it just seemed horrific that this woman should have to worry about him not loving her if she did something to save her life ie lost weight from 40 stone!

Last edited by Annie-Rose; 11-27-2004 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:19 AM   #10  
Getting back on track!

Si if this is what happens to you playing rugby what happens to the opposition?
Old 11-28-2004, 06:30 AM   #11  

Taller people do tend to get away with being overweight ! Not that I'm super tall, but my Mum (5'2") always said she felt and looked like a mushroom when she was carrying too much ! She went to WW with me and has been at goal for a couple of years, but I have had a couple of setbacks .
Si, I know what you mean about the charts at the doctors , although I was a 'healthy' weight pre childbirth, I don't think I ever will be again. I did karate for a couple of years a while ago but the knees really suffered. Tai Chi is good healthwise but doesn't burn off the fat, more's the pity.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:50 AM   #12  
Queen of Chaos!

According to those effing charts at the doc's Arnie would be clinically obese! lol
Old 11-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #13  
Becomming a Monster

i've just started tai chi and i'm quite injoying it i've turned into somewhat of a taoist of recent times. i did thai boxing for 2 years and wrestling aswell as freestyle fighting picked up a few injuries there i'm currently waiting to get back to the dojo todo my judo but shoulder and neck are keeping me out
Old 11-28-2004, 07:00 PM   #14  

What style Tai Chi? I do Yang style. TC is very variable according to your teacher, from New Age waving your arms around and looking graceful, through health based exercises to competitive pushing hands. I do a bit of everything! I take daytime classes for older people, obviously that's the health bit, but in the evenings we get to do some pushing hands, though not competetively. Whether I look graceful is not for me to say, but hopefully losing a bit more weight will help!
Up way too late, must sign off for today.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:59 PM   #15  
Becomming a Monster

kuang pin yang long form. i think i got a dvd of amazon and its actually turned out to be really good by some dude called bill douglas i used to do a lot of pilates aswell for all the fighting training i did really hardens up the stomarch for when you get punched or kicked