Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #1  

Smile Hi everyone, I'm new

Hi! I'm new to the board, and have been on CORE for about 2 weeks. I've lost 5 pounds, and so far really love the new program. I'm feeling myself start to slip, so I thought some support would be nice. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

I have one question for you guys.... I really love my coffee in the morning and usually drink it with flavored creamer. I know that's not core, any ideas on replacements. I've tried using Splenda and skim milk, but it just isn't as good as when I use something flavored.... I've been using my weekly points for the creamers, but would love something I didn't have to count. Thanks!

Last edited by tulip77; 11-23-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:31 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

How about flavored sugar free syrups and the nonfat creamer (is creamer core at all or did I misread -- been known to happen).
Old 11-23-2004, 05:12 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

I don't have any great suggestions for your coffee but just wanted to welcome you to the boards. Come see us on the Core Support Board. We love to chat and try to help each other out. Welcome!
Old 11-27-2004, 01:45 AM   #4  

Unfortunately, no creamer (other than skim milk or FF evaporated milk) is Core. But the flavored ones are FAR WORSE because of the sugar (even the FF varieties are loaded with it.) On the other hand, I am ADDICTED to French Vanilla flavored coffee. What I do is buy the French Vanilla ground coffee (Folgers is cheap and very good), and add either vanilla extract or the SF vanlla syrup to it. Then I just use regular powdered creamer (generic, 10 cal/tsp). I'm still having to count it as FlexPoints, but I can drink a lot of coffee before I use too many Points!
Old 11-27-2004, 03:40 AM   #5  
Janette

I use the plain and flavored (liquid) creamers. You can always use some of your 35 WPAs for the creamer. I don't officially count it (I don't usually use all my wpas in a week) and I am losing consistently. On the other hand, you want to follow the program as closely as possible so if you can "wean" yourself off by switching to skim milk (flavored with vanilla, maybe) it would probably be better. I have found that I am drinking more coffee than I used to because I drink it in the evening because I find it soothing and I don't eat as much.

Welcome to the boards. We are here to help if we can.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:45 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I love cream and splenda in my coffee but now drink it black. It's an acquired taste. I've now switched to tea with a lot of skim milk and splenda or SF/FF hot chocolate made with skim in the evenings. It's a nice treat and I get a bit of milk serving in.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:41 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I've been using the liquid flavored creamer and not really counting it. I've been losing, but didn't do so well over thanksgiving, so I think I'm going to try to stick exactly to the program for awhile. I think I'll try the vanilla flavored coffee, and skim milk flavored with vanilla. Thanks for all of your ideas!
Closed Thread