Old 11-23-2004, 07:13 AM   #1  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Post Tuesday Nov 23

Good Morning Ladies !

How is everyone doing ? How is being OP going ?
If your thinking of going back OP good for you !
If you have slipped, well we all do it.

Last night I had some carb ice cream as a treat.
Well I had double the serving so today after work
I am driving that ice cream right over to my sister's
house bc having it here in the house is tempting me
to much. Other than that I am doing good.

Hope everyone has a GREAT & blessed day.
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:02 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning !!

Brenda you are on my mind !! Hope everyone is okay.

Dawn good for you for taking the ice cream out of your house. I remember eating to much of that nasty stuff and having such gas and stomach aches. Be careful with the sugar alcohol stuff, its not good for the system.

Nothing much is new here SOSDD! Gotta get going and get busy b/c I have off tomorrow until Monday (when my new boss comes ICK )

So I'll try to sneak back later. Sorry I haven't been around much.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:11 AM   #3  

Good morning.

Dawn: Sounds like you are doing great.....Leenie is right...watch those sugar alcohols. They can be lethal!

Leenie: Oh I wish I had tomorrow off too....so didn't want to come back in today.

I went home sick yesterday....still feel a little off but definitely better than yesterday. Still have a headache and my stomach is not 100%. Trying to drink a lot of water...see if I can flush whatever this is out.

So what are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? I am going to BIL and SIL's house with DH. Very chaotic but fun.

Have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:24 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Dawn: Good thinking, getting rid of the ice cream. I'm trying not to buy it anymore. A little bit here and there isn't bad. But I also tend to over-indulge, and then I get stomach aches and a tendency to have to use the bathroom if you know what I mean Glad things are going good!

Leenie: Hope the new boss isn't as bad as you fear!! What do you plan on doing on your days off? Besides Thanksgiving that is? DH is off this week so he usually puts a damper on my being online after work. Plus with my youngest DD's BD and the holiday it's making it hard to get here. I'll manage to post more next week

Jane: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon!!

Well, the FIL and MIL came over last night. She came right up to me and apologised if she said anything to offend me. Told her not to worry about it, it was done and over with and nothing could change it (Thanks to the sermon in church on Sunday. I got a LOT out of it. Hopefully I can keep putting it into practice!!). She apologised again and asked if it was because of the picture thing. And I said yup. She said "well, if you had called and told us it was still on we would have come." To which I calmly told her that what SHE said was she didn't want to have the picture taken if HE wasn't there. She said she didn't remember saying that. Told her that IS what she said and it wasn't right that she was choosing HIM over the rest of her family. To which she apologised again. I guess it's really been bothering the FIL--and he's not supposed to have stress. For which I'm sorry for, but felt I wasn't the one that started it. But like I said, it's done and over and hopefully I can remember what I've learned
Day 1 of being OP went great!! Now I need to keep this going (ignoring the slip I'm going to have on Thanksgiving anyway)!!!! Need to be back on track
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:52 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone!

Dawn: I too could never eat just one serving of the ice cream. It's good that you are getting it out of the house! Hope you have a great OP day!

Leenie: Enjoy your days off! Any plans other than the holiday? Hope you have a great time off!

Jane: Glad that you are feeling better. There have been a few virus's going around here. All of the kids (neices/nephews) have had one. I had one last week, but thankfully it only lasted 24 hours! Hope you feel even better soon!

Brenda: Tell Courtney congrats on the deer!! Meant to tell you the other day, but I forgot DH saw the pic and said that she should be really proud of herself. Takes some hunters a long time before they get their first buck! Glad that things seem to be working out with the in-laws! Hope you have a great OP day!

Well, SOSDD here! Yesterday was a really rough day for me. It was the 5 year anniversary of my mom's death. This is the first year that I have worked on this day. Figured it would help keep my mind off things, and it did. My mom's SIL always calls me on that day. She called last night and we talked for almost an hour. Her husband was my mom's brother and he passed away 4 years before my mom did, so she really understands. She also told me that she was coming down this week-end for my baby shower (she lives about and hr away) That made me feel a lot better. I didn't make it to my grandma's for Christmas last year, so it's been almost 2 years since I have saw her. Really excited about seeing her now, as she is one of my favorite aunt's! Well, other than that nothing really eventful happening here. Just getting ready for the Thanksgiving dinner. We go next door to the in-laws. My BIL deep fries the turkey and it is usually soooooo good. I can't wait to stuff my face Ususally during the holidays I am really watching what I eat, so I am getting excited this year to not be doing that. I have lost 2 lbs so far this pregnancy, and DH says I'll probably gain 20 over the holidays! I hope he's wrong Well you ladies have a great day!!! I'll check back in this afternoon after work!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

Dawn, good for you for on getting that ice cream out of the house. Even thought I have to confess that low carb ice cream got me through the summer and I was able to stay away from all the sugary ice creams. You know I liked them very much too, but now I don’t care for them anymore. I don’t think I had ice cream recently.

Leenie, have a great long 5-day holiday. I wish that I too had tomorrow off. But I am thinking maybe I could come in earlier and then be done early in the afternoon. Good luck with the new boss.

Jane, sorry that your stomach is still troubling you. Yes, drink up and hopefully you will feel 100% before Thursday.

Brenda, good for you on how you handled your SIL. I think the more sounded relaxed and in control when you answered her the more she realized how childish she reacted then. I remember how stressed she made you.

Lisa, I am sorry that you had a rough day yesterday. This whole month has been rough for me. It was also my parents’ accident’s fifth anniversary. I am glad you had a fun talk with your aunt and would get to see her soon.

As for me I taped foodTV all Sunday afternoon. They had various Thanksgiving meal preparations shows. Then afterward I fast forward through them and liked the show Barefoot Contessa. She made one veggie dish that I liked and one dessert. Her veggie dish was with tomato, zucchini and potato. So I decided to make it last night as a try out for Saturday but instead of potato I used mushroom and also added eggplant. It was so much fun shopping for these veggies last night. You see all of them have to be almost the same size so that when we cut them up they line up next to each other. Actually after I cut them up they lined pretty well, LOL, even though I thought they weren’t the same size as a whole, LOL. I also brushed them with a bit of salty butter and they came out pretty good. I will post the recipe on the recipe section if anyone is interested. I thought the dish came out pretty colorful and I am sure would look great on the table next to the turkey, LOL.

She also made Creme Brulee which I thought sounds very delicious. I am going to make it tomorrow night and see if it comes out okay for Saturday. Of course I will replace sugar with splenda but I am not sure if splenda carmelizes like sugar. I am thinking if it doesn’t than I only make half of them carmelized with regular sugar and the other half I leave plain. Would it still be Creme Brulee if it doesn’t have the caramel on top, LOL? Anyhow I am off to buy custards dishes tonight.

Have a great day everyone.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:30 AM   #7  

Rachel: Oh, I love the Barefoot Contessa. I was going to ask for one of her books for Xmas. She makes awesome things...and makes it look so easy. When I was home in bed yesterday I watched her Barefoot in Paris one. Cheese, cheese and more cheese!
Go to Crate and Barrel for the custard dishes....they always have them....or Linen's N Things, they have them too. Oh heck you can probably get them anywhere!

Lisa: Sorry you had a tough time yesterday....you too Rachel....I can totally appreciate "those" anniversaries. I actually try not to remember the day as the day of his death but to think of how he lived. Not a magic pill but seems to get me through.

Brenda: You go girl! Give it to her! Sounds like you did a perfect job...calm cool and collected.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:24 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies,

Just a quick fly by to tell you all Happy Thanksgiving, I have been so busy, we got surprise guests from out of town!! OMG!! What a surprise and the house was a mess too! My eating has been so/so mot to bad and not to good, it is hard with other people at your house (especially ones you didn't know were coming!)

So if I don't check back in before Turkey day have a great one!!!! I will check back in when the the craziness it over!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #9  

Goodnight girlies!

TG: Happy Thanksgiving to you too!