Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #1  

Default 11/22-11/28 Happy Thanksgiving Thread

Wasn't sure if i should start this or not, but I figured that I plan on sticking around for a while so i may as well make myself comfy. But, you've all given me warm welcomes and great support, whether you know it or not. I definatley agree with the whole each day is a new day deal, and lately have found it to be yet another tool to battle the unknown monster that lurks inside me just waiting for me to let my guard down to attack at any given moment. Well, actually, I've been trying to learn alot about myself, and think that getting rid of this will help me be comefortable with who I am, who ever that may be, I'm not quite sure yet. I saw a pyscologist today who I absolutely adore and am soooo thankful God led me to her, because I truly feel like I could tell her anything! We will be working together to help me find the triggers; and in just one day I've found that it's not connected with weight with me, well, only a little bit. Anyhow, I'm extremely thanful to have realized this, and for God to have put such wonderful guiding lights in my life. Anyhow, hope and wishes that everyone is still going strong, and waking up each day knowing that it is a new day, and it is what you make of it!
JessieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:32 PM   #2  

Default Thanks for starting the thread, Jessie!

Quick post from me - have had a headache for hours and wants to go rest.

Things are going pretty well. Been fighting the "you're a big fatty" mind games a lot lately. But I'm plugging away.

Got some blood work done today and will also have some done on the third day of my next cycle (if I'm not pregnant). That'll be helpful in seeing why my cycle is a bit messed up.

all
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 04:22 PM   #3  
Searching

Hi gals

Yeah I believe in the "Act as if" thing. The las couple of days I have been "acting as if" I am someone who takes care of her needs. Doing Yoga, turning the sound down (I am very much a sound sensitive person), taking a nap if I need it, always taking my time and meditation for myself, even leaving work early today was part of an effort to take care of me. I am off till next Tuesday.

Either tommorow or Thursday we will leave for OK. I am planning on spending as much time with my mom and Grandma as I can. I will have to be up here by Monday because I have service to do at a HS.

I pretty much have written out what I wanted to say except for the part about my body betraying me so young. The boobs at 9 and the period at 11. My biology and my emotional clock have always been way off. I am a 13 year old trapped in the body and responsibilities of a 32 year old.

Kat- I hope your head feels better.

Jessie- I like my new therapist too (except she is a bundle of energy ) Continue to take it ODAT. Its the only way they come

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:32 PM   #4  

Default Just got back from the gym

I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks for asking, Chris.

Have a wonderful trip. Awesome job with the yoga. I also got my period at 11. I dealt with it OK but was teased for a bit by some classmates. Then they all got theirs and wanted to be my friend. LOL

OK, off to hit the shower.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:20 PM   #5  
Searching

After DBT I am off probably won't be able to check in till Saturday. It has felt really good to not binge or purge. ODAT.

I am a little afraid of seeing my parents at 198 lbs. Alot of my clothes are tight and don't fit, but hey ODAT. Be gentle to yourselves.

Much love,
Chris
Old 11-25-2004, 10:13 AM   #6  

Hey ladies!! I'm hoping everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving today. I'm venturing to the homestead with DB and spending it with my family. I'm thankful for this forum and you guys, it's been a great experience so far to "voice" out my journey through this and very comforting to know I have others to lean on.
Chris-ODAT and that's right! I'm sure you look beautiful anyways
Kat-Sorry to hear that you got your period, just give them all to me, I'll take them off your hands LOL
Tracy-happy thanksgiving from good ole West Virginia!! How are you doing?? Is Core going ok??

Much Love to everyone, God Bless you guys!
Love
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 06:05 AM   #7  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi ladies - hope you had a good Turkey Day. I saw a cousin I grew up with - it was fun - hadn't seen him in years, since he lost his hair.

Got very little sleep last night. Matthew and I have been sleeping on an aerobed - but it's sprung a leak and my A$$ was on the floor all night. Matthew kept rolling toward me, which made him want to nurse constantly. We'll have to come up with another arrangement for tonight.

Vanessa - admittedly, I'm not following Core very well right now. It's kind of a bad time of year for it - but I am eating healthier in general. Trying not to have that "all or nothing" attitude.

Ya'll take care - I've got to tend the baby.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:31 PM   #8  

Hi ladies,

Off on my trip today! Thanksgiving was a lot of fun and I was never stuffed (thank you HP). My friends were all moaning and complaining about the pain in their tummies. I am very thankful I maintained moderation throughout the day.

Vanessa, that is so funny you said that because I had not gotten my period yet (was just saying I had more blood work for when I did) BUT today I did. I'm OK with it - didn't expect anything this month and was not taking natural progesterone per doctor's orders to lengthen my cycle (she wanted my blood work to be "au natural"). Now I go in for more blood work on Monday.

Tracy, that stink about your bed. I hope you can fix it.

Chris, I feel ya and 100% relate. I gained weight since my MIL passed - not looking forward to going home with the extra fat. Lots of negative thinking revolving around that. So I've been journaling more and getting more program in to my life. Definitely helping. The negative thoughts are way worse than the extra fat, at least to me. That's what brought me to OA - to stop the crazy thinking.

OK, off to our trip. yay! Have a great weekend, ladies.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:32 AM   #9  

Hey girls! Alas the holiday weekend is over and the spirit of christmas has already began, like 3 weeks ago. LOL My weekend has went very well, I saw Christmas with the Kranks last night and I recommend it to everyone. Eating has been ok, did pretty well on Thanksgiving with my parents and boyfriend all together at my house. Actually I was pretty surprised at myself. Wednesday is my first meeting with the eating disorder support group, so I'm a little anxious about that.
Kat-Wow, you've gotten alot of blood work!! Are your arms permanately bruised?! LOL Well, I'll still take them all for you, I'll take it for the team!
Tracy-Kudos for eating healthier! Core has alot of mixed reviews by alot of WW, regarding trigger foods and what classifies as "sugar". I told myself on thanksgiving that it's only once a year and I should be thankful of what I have in front of me. I do have a snicker's recipe that is low fat/low carb that was an absolute hit with my family!! I'll give it to you if you want!! Be good
Chris-How did your thanksgiving go??
Don't know what my plans are today, maybe I shouldn't know and just go with it?
God Bless you guys!
Love
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #10  

It's great to hear everyones holiday went well! I'm seriously floating on a cloud right now, I've been doign soooooo well this past week and finally feel like I WILL be able to get a grasp on this beast! I had my b-day on thanksgiving, didn't feel like it was my b-day though, with all the thanksgiving festivities and all; but was very thankful I got to be with my family, I love that! I spent the weekend at the desert and it was awesome! I didn't even think about food b/c I was having so much fun just being with my friends! I got a new job at a gym,which is great considering my situation! I'll be able to keep busy; and lately have got this urge to get ripped; not bulky though, and not focus on the scale, although it is tough for me! I came home today to find a brand new explorer in the garage my parents got me for my b-day...i am so stoked right now!

Sorry to ramble on about my new found peace, but I'm just feeling really great, and am SOOO thankful I have this thread to turn to!
JessieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #11  
Searching

Okay the things that went right:

1. I was able to assert my feelings
2. I got some form of excercise everyday
3. I took time everyday to meditate
4. I got to spend alone time with my mom
5. I took my meds everyday
6. I used my tools and my skills everyday

Food:
Wed- no binge, purged
Thurs-binged, did not purge
Friday- no bingeing or purging
Saturday-no bingeing or purging
Sunday- binged,want to purge like no bodies business my nerves are unglued by my husband turning 360 a few times on the interstate, we came home to snow ****

VERY GRATEFUL TO BE HOME! ODAT its all we get. Will check in more personally tommorow.

Chris