Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 06:40 AM   #1  
Tama

Exclamation Newbe

Hi,
I am new to this Board, I started Flex pts on Thursday last week. I love it so far. The hardest part is finding low pt foods to fill me, any tips and advice is welcomed! I weigh 145 and my goal is 120. Thanks!
Old 11-22-2004, 12:55 PM   #2  

For me, the key is eating foods that are higher in protein and fiber.

For instance, while a bowl of Fruity Pebbles might taste good and you can certainly eat those if you want, a bowl of Old fashioned oatmeal will be much more filling for about the same amount of points, and it tastes pretty good too.

Or instead of eating a serving of potato chips, you have baked corn chips and salsa.

Eating some regular toast is ok, but for me, eating a high fiber english muffin or bagel and adding a slice of ff cheese and some canadian bacon or some peanut butter makes it much more filling.

Not sure if I'm making sense or not, but it helps me to eat foods that are similar, but have more nutrients in them.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:42 AM   #3  
On my way!!

Some tasty low pointers I like:

Roasted Red pepper Hummus on lite Schwaebles bread (2 pts)

Pierogies!! (about 1 pt per piece--use I can't believe it's not butter spray and you've got a filling tasty meal!)

Raw veggies & dip (celery works for me) and low (1 pt) or non fat sour cream mixed witha packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix.

Popcorn!

Hope this helps!
Good luck!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #4  

Here are some of my low point, but filling staples

FF refried beans on a 1 point tortilla with lots of salsa and veggies (2pts)

Gardenburger on a lite bun (2pts)

FF hot dog on a lite bun (2 pts)

Vegetarian Chili made with burger crumbles (3pts)

Shrimp (1pt)

Idahoan potatoes (2pts)

2 oz vitamuffins (1pt)

All Bran Bars (2pts)

Alternative bagels (1pt)

High fiber english muffin (1pt)

Various soups (1-2 pts)

Smoothies (1-3 pts)

WW ice cream treats (1-2 pts)

FF popcorn (1-3 points)

High fiber cereal (1 pt)

Whole oatmeal (2 pts)

Cous cous 1 cup (3 pts)
Old 11-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #5  

Hey, welcome! My list is pretty much the same as the list above. The most important thing is to just take your time to find things at the store that are low in points. If you pick something up that looks good to you, stop and see if there is another version of it that is lower in points. If, like me, you don't like to cook all that much and would like the convience of the occasional frozen dinner, there are a few good ones to try.
Healthy Choice makes a great Cajun Chicken & Shrimp with Rice (4 points)
Michelina makes a really good lasagne for only 4 points
Michelina makes a fried chicken & mashed potatoes for only 5 points (I always have that with a cup of green beans or broccoli, which adds no points and gives me 2 of my vegetable servings)
Healthy Choice soups are between 3 and 5 points for the entire can...pick a flavor that you can add an additional veggie to, or pick a low point option like the Zesty Gumbo for 3 points (and 2 veggie servings a can!), and have it with a turkey sandwich (I buy Kroger brand turkey, only 1 point for 4 slices, and Sara Lee Delightful wheat bread, 1 point per 2 slices). Add a tomato slice and a 1/2 cup of fresh spinach leaves or lettuce, and you've got 3 veggie servings in one meal. That's soup and a sandwich for only 5 points!
Old 11-28-2004, 01:09 PM   #6  
Tama

Wow, you guys have excellent ideas here! I love the tips! Grand support! I am going to try all of these Ideas since I have had so much trouble before w/ the pts. I ended up failing but back at it now! Thanks again!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:28 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

I want to add that if you use whole, natural foods vs simple carbs or processed foods or convenience foods you'll do much better and be more satisified.

For the 5 or 6 points you use on something like a Smart One or Lean Cuisines you can get much more food and feel more satisified.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 321/315/200

tama,
I have just started out as well. have been on this forum b4 but am ready to get started full steam ahead. Its always nice to have a partner for this so if you have any questions or visa versa, send them to me as I will to you. Need to lose 120 lbs so today is as good as any!!!
Mike
Closed Thread