Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:55 AM   #1  
Beville Loser

Exclamation Not all Core foods are core

When you find a core food it may lose its core status when combined with other Core foods. Any core foods combined into muffins or breads are no longer core because they are what weight watchers calls abuse foods so they are not to be considered core.

Also, I saw a lot of recipies listing FF Cream Cheese - Please note that FF Cream Cheese is NOT core.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:35 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yes but in a small amount the amount of it may not have or add any points to the recipe. For example 2 tbsp is only 25 or 30 calories and that out over 4 servings makes it relatively nil in calories thus no added points. Even 1 whole block out over xx number of servings won't add much to it and if it is the ONLY nonCore food in the recipe then you only need count points for that and if it is enough servings there still would not be points that had to be added possibly.

See what I am saying?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

I hope we aren't going to have the Core police on this board too! I left the WW boards because of that.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Vicki, it was a first post from this person so we will see. LOL!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sheesh!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Sheesh! is right!!! Good grief!
Old 11-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

To me it really sound like an alterego of someone who pushes and insists you must do it 100% --- come out with your normal persona! LOL!

LOL!

So we all know if we make it our own and we know the 'rules' we will do the program to our satisification and success.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:07 PM   #8  

Only my very, very, very honest opinion, but if I were a new person on a board, I think I would look at the previous posts to see if what I wanted to say had been discussed ... which in this case, it has been!

Last edited by Bindy; 11-18-2004 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:34 PM   #9  

I come her every day and feel welcome when I do post. After reading the responses to this post - I don't think anyone has to worry about the poster coming back and bothering anyone here again. Maybe she came on too strong. That's not a crime - and certainly not something that hasn't happened on this board before. Give her a break already.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:40 PM   #10  

p.s. If you go on the WW message boards you'll find that a lot of people are saying that their franchises are now telling them that core foods DO equal core foods when combined. The problem with passing along any suggestions about core is that by the time you finish your sentance - there's another story flying around.

Last edited by susie; 11-17-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

I saw the posts too, Susie. Isn't it crazy?

BTW, I'm not trying to give browneyes a hard time. I just want this to stay the nice place that it is. I do think she came on a lot too strong. We've all corrected each other now and again but there is a bit of a relationship here too. I really despise what's happening on the WW board. Too much anger and righteousness. I'm 48 years old and trying to lose 150 pounds. Lord only knows, this is hard enough without love and kindness.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:03 AM   #12  

I'm not trying to give him/her a hard time either, Susie. I hope you didn't think I meant to be unkind ... but I sure wouldn't come out swinging with my first post! I appreciate the way that we can all agree, or disagree, or agree to disagree, and still remain friends.

Sigh ... I guess I'll go edit my post so as to not hurt anyone's feelings. And maybe learn to keep my opinions to myself.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:25 AM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ditto to all of that but when you have been around 'millions of years' in this forum, at BCB/Health Discovery, W/W and other places you learn a lot of 'triggers' that show it usually if it is a person just giving opinion or help and one who is policing.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:20 PM   #14  

I know it wasn't intentional - you guys are all to nice for that. Just pointing out a little different perspective is all.

And Kelly - I do know what you mean about being around long enough to have a sense of where people are coming from. In the five years that I have been a member at 3FC (or more if you go back to before the big crash of 1999 - when we all had to re-register) I feel like I have met an incredibly diverse, kind and interesting group of people. Boy there have been some real doozies as well.

Have a great day everyone - Mine started out with being down 0.4 at weigh-in. Lots of little losses lately - which suits me just fine!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #15  

Whew, Susie! I'm glad to see that you understand. The last thing I want to do is offend any of the regulars. And I hope the new person, if they truly are new and here to share tips and information, won't be turned away and will feel welcome to join in.

I totally agree about boards. I have been on shopping boards for years and years and we've had shake-ups at them all where people left in droves, formed a new one, got upset, left, formed a newer one, etc. etc. Sometimes it's hard to get the real meaning behind what someone's saying when you can't see body language, facial expressions, or tone of voice. Plus ... we've had our share of crazies and troublemakers, so you usually learn to spot them fairly quickly.

Congrats on your loss! I'm still hanging steady but have backslidden a little due to having guests at work this week and mandatory luncheons, etc. where the food choices just aren't that great. I've had to eat the "bad" stuff and severely limit the portions to keep it all (sorta) under control.
Closed Thread