Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 12:37 PM   #1  
Is is spring yet??

Thumbs down

Howdy Folks!!!

Figured I would start us off shiny and new for the weekend

I have been very busy - so I haven't been here much. But I do lurk daily.

I am trying to come to terms with my "home situation" and realizing that my mom and dad are getting older and more set in their ways. I doubt I can change that. I just wish my dad would stop being so lazy - but I can't make him - my mom can - but she won't. So I am trying NOT to be stressed out about it. Its not easy! I want things better - and to me they don't care one way or the other. VERY SAD!!

I went to WW on Wednesday nite and was up .2 - not too bad for someone that went away for a few days and wasn't exactly as OP as I should have been!! And its TOM - so hey .2 is a gift and I am happy to have it. I am back OP and doing fine.

I really have to run - I have to meet someone for lunch in a few minutes.

I hope you are all doing well - I will be back this weekend. I have no plans - so it will be nice!

Tara

P.S. I am going to keep thread #5 "stuck" so you can read the recent threads on it. We can "unstick" it later.
Old 05-04-2001, 04:16 PM   #2  

Another quickie here. Trying to fight off a cold. Scott is doing well after his surgery. They said his voice would change and boy, were they right! It's become quite nasal.

Have to work tomorrow and Sunday and then off for the week. Will enjoy it for sure.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Glad to hear that things with the 'houseguests from ****' are going better for you PJ.
Old 05-04-2001, 09:35 PM   #3  

Default Hi There

Wow, I have been working my butt off since I got home from work. We are having a yard sale tomorrow and are definitely not organized. We, ofcourse waited til the last minute.

Tara, .2 is not too bad considering tom and the few days off. Hey you could have gained 5#'s easily so definitely you did well and should feel successful.

Meshell, I have missed you. I can't wait to catch up.

Hello, Setina, PJ, Judygal, SLF, Penny, Candice & Penny.

See Ya
Bren
Old 05-05-2001, 02:32 AM   #4  

Default Outside again!

I'm just bushed..I'm trying to eat more too ..need that energy! My server has been having problems and my ICQ is still not working. We downloaded it again but it won't turn on!

If I get some good pictures of my flowers this summer I will post them.......that is if I get any planted this year! We just got the soil amended in the garden, I helped my son lift the tiller onto the truck and that was a mistake...OUCH! I also lifted and dumped some 40 pound bags of dirt! I will never learn that I can't do some things! The mint took over in the garden area so we are trying to dig that out too! I love the smell of it but it grows like a weed!

My house is the pits cause I have been outside so much and we are eating WW frozen dinners! I still have to go buy more flowers and a few more tomato plants too!

My email..mail .com sold to someone else so I don't have any mail right now..they are supposed to save it all, and my address book is empty too! Hope they know what they are doing? It's been a bad week!

PJ......I love Hibiscus..why are you pulling them out again? Sounds like you love working outside too! It is the best therapy I could have!

Meshell.....you are so brave to be adopting with you health problems..good luck!

Tara...do you think you will move out or just stay and bite your tounge!

Bren...good luck with the yard sale

Judy, Setina, Susan, Emmy, Penny,SueBee and anyone I forgot!

Last edited by Candicej; 05-05-2001 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-05-2001, 11:32 AM   #5  

Thank you all so much for welcoming me back and being so supportive on the adoption. We are very excited. I have a good team of doctors who are really helping me control my illness. My primary care physician will have to sign a paper stating that I am healthy enough to adopt. He told me to bring the paper to him as soon as I get it and he will happily sign it. He knows how much we have wanted more children and is excited for us. Of course, it does mean more patients for him.

I am starting back "dieting" on Monday, so I hope to be able to post some good weight-loss reports soon.

Meshell
Old 05-05-2001, 09:27 PM   #6  

Default Hi Everyone,

The yardsale went great, we made $350.00 so we were real happy with that. We would have only made 200 but I had a compound miter saw that I sold for $150.00 so that helped alot. It rained a little bit in the morning but it didn't stop the people from coming and after it was over it was soooooo nice out and not too hot so I took my walk even though I just wanted to relax. After I got started, I enjoyed it.

Meshell, you are a very strong woman and I am sure the adoption agency will see that, Everything will work out for you guys, I just know it. I am happy for you that you are going to be able to still adopt.

Candice, my gosh girl, I get exhausted just reading your posts. You seem to be a very physical person and that is good. I myself tend to be a couch potato but am trying to change that. I can't wait to see the pictures of your flowers.

Setina, I am thinking of you often I am hoping that you are doing well.

Brenda
Old 05-05-2001, 10:49 PM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Hi There~

My....but aren't you all busy. I mean that as a GOOD thing too.

Candice - I had to laugh when I read your post because you sound just like me. We do everything we're not supposed to do but do "they" really expect us to sit around and eat bon-bons and watch soaps all day??? I'm actually not supposed to be doing ANY errands or housework of any kind. Can you believe that one?

We tore out all of the Hibiscus because it should be open on all sides and we had it butted up against the patio/pool screen/lanai. It was becoming very hard to manage. I had to trim the tops every two weeks.....if not EVERY week. Once a year, I also had to cut them down to about one foot high so they would grow back in nice and thick so for a couple of months we would have a pretty small and bare landscape around the pool area. We put in 30 Eugenias instead, 3 ft. apart and should be grown together within 2 months. THESE will be green year round. They look and smell like junipers to me but they're very hardy to the summer heat and they are perfect for my "zone". We transplanted of few of the hibiscus (that are about 4-5 feet high) around the yard and it turned out great. The rest, we're planting in front of the "coral" style fence at the front of the property where the barn and horses are. It will have much more curb appeal since there's nothing but grass there now and they'll get plenty of sun and will grow very, very large. Should do very well out there.

I'm eating popcorn and am on my 6th!!!! quart of water today. Popcorn is a great late-night snack and it's a good standby for me when I get some "munchies".

I can't believe that after reading about some of you having to take steroids for your ailments.....and I not understanding why you have to take steroids in the first place......THEY PUT ME ON THEM TODAY!!!!! LOL......turns out I have acute bronchitis and it could have and would have turned into pneumonia if I wasn't taking anti-biotics for the past two days already. I could hardly breathe and it wasn't because my nose was stuffy. Several kids in the neighborhood and alot of kids at Billy's Elementary school have had walking pneumonia so it's surprising I didn't get it sooner.....especially since my immune system was weak after having my tonsils out. So ..... let's see if I gain......bummer......but it's better than the alternative.

Brenda - Nice going on the yard sale. Want to laugh? Because Christine and her boyfriend didn't pay us anything....I told her I'm keeping all of the kids Playstation games AND the game. Want to know why???? They flew the kids to her parents house in New York today and are then taking a two week CRUISE (just the two of them)!!!!!!! AAAAGGGHHHHH. and she told me they had no money and she couldn't get her things out of the house by the 11th like she promised. Well, guess who's having a yard sale if they're not here on Monday like she told me before she left. As for the PlayStation....I'm not being mean.....let their 'NEW DADDY'.....buy them the new PlayStation 2, just like we did and spend $50. a pop per game like we did and then he'll know why I got so pissed when the stepped on and broke Billy's games when they got mad. Ha!!!!!! Let's see them eat THAT! on their vacation. There is soooo much sh** in my garage that I could sell......Brenda - we're talking lots of furniture and etc. etc . etc.............I'm so done farting around with this situation as I said before and she said that HE would be here Monday to take EVERYTHING.......well, he doesn't know who's is who's so my neighbors are helping me put ALL OF THEIR things in the driveway....then I'm closing my garage door and locking my front door and that's that. Yeeee Haaaaaa......they'll then be out of our lives forever.......hopefully.......

See you all later....I"m very tired. Long day.....was at the hospital for the x-rays for 4 hours. Then came home and had two surprise visits from people I haven't seen in a while. A very nice but tiring day. This Owl is off to rest.
Sweet Dreams my friends,
~Pamela~
Old 05-06-2001, 06:57 AM   #8  

Default In the yard again!

Supposed to rain today so maybe I will get abreak!LOL I really love it outside, but I can't sit still for too long!

Here is a picture of some of my daffodils
Old 05-06-2001, 12:16 PM   #9  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Good Afternoon Owls!!!

Hope your Sunday is going well....

I am sorry to have not been around lately but I have had some stuff going on and I guess I just haven't felt much like talking...I lost another pound tho....

Gosh I don't know if I can catch up there has been so much Owl activity...which is great!!! So good to see you Meshell and Susan!!! now if Elaine would come back we'd have so many owls....where is Meredith..she got married and disappeared..LOL

Pj ...I am so glad that you have YOUR life back. I love your plan for tomorrow...stick to it girl!!!

Bren...I am glad that your yard sale went well...they are a lot of work... I am getting rid of some dtuff aorund here too. I have alot going on at work so I think I am going to bag up some stuff and leave it at the GOODWILL drop off just down the street.....and hope DH doesn't go and BUY it BACK!!!!

Candice...your yard sounds WONDERFUL...don't overdo that arm...can't wait for more pictures !!!

Tara..... I am sorry that things are not better at home. It is hard to deal with parents who are aging and have health problems. I know you are doing the best you can and that is all anyone can do. I was Activity Director for a nursing home/rehab center and one of our sayings which was very true is " Use it or Lose it " and sometimes that would help to motivate some of the folks to at least try and do as much as possib;e...even if it wasn' t as much as they did previously... anything is BETTER than Nothing... Good Luck!!!

SueBee...Hope to see you today. I worked yesterday too!

Gonna run...got lots to clean...DH is in Germany..again .. and we spend a lot of time on IM so I don't get here as often as I would like..

Take care
emmy

Last edited by emmy; 05-06-2001 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2001, 06:33 PM   #10  

Default I am pooped out!!

We took a real long one today. We decided to walk to walmart to buy Brianna a new pair of sneakers so after that we decided to head down to mcdonald's so they could play on the playground. I went accross the street and got a large ham sub w/ no cheese and just vinegar on the top(yum) and a single serving bag of baked lays and I took that into mcdonalds and enjoyed it while they ate happy meals and played on the playground, then after about 45 minutes we walked home. I measured it in the car later and we walked a total of 4.2 miles.

Emmy, Yes, afte the yard sale that is basically what we did too. Instead of keeping everything we took it and dropped it off at the salvation army place. It is nice to have a place like that around to get rid of stuff and also to help others at the same time. Great yob on losing a pound, that is definitely a step in the right direction.

Candice, your daffodils are lovely

PJ, I am LMAO You are just too funny. I think it is a great idea, LOL Hey why not, for them to use you that way I would do whatever I could to get a little bit back. You got guts girl.

Later Everyone,

Brenda
Old 05-06-2001, 08:18 PM   #11  
SLF

Hello again....

It has been a quiet weekend. I'm not getting over this pneumonia any too easily, so I've been relaxing and drinking lots of water. I can't believe I've read 5 books this past week. At our library you can reserve all the newest books and bestsellers. They don't charge anything for it, so it is a great way to read the books you want without paying the huge hard cover price. I'm usually not patient enough to wait for them to go into paperback with some of my favorite authors.

My hubby starts his new job in Illinois tomorrow. He had been going there just 3 days a week as a contractor, but tomorrow is his official first day as an employee and now he will be gone all week every week. He will come home on the weekends for the most part. He had to leave today already since he needs to be there so early tomorrow morning - otherwise they've approved for him to just fly in on Monday mornings so he can have the whole weekend with his family. I know the kids are having a hard time with him gone so much, but at least the weather helps so that they can play outside most of the time.

Candice....your yard sounds wonderful. I just love it when all the color comes out. I'm not doing too much with ours since we'll be moving. I put out of few pots of plants (that can be brought in on cold evenings), and just keeping up the perennials, shrubs, and trees. I want to get some mulch out again so that my weeds stay under control.

PJ...I absolutely love your idea for Monday. I wish we could have talked longer the other day, but we'll get together soon hopefully. It sounds like you have really been busy. Make sure you take time for yourself and get better. This bronchitis and pneumonia aren't easy to shake. A lot of people around here have had it hanging on for 4 to 6 weeks.

Emmy...great to see you also. I know it sure has been a long time. Great going for continuing in the right direction for weight loss.

Brenda...A garage sale is great. I had a good one last year. I do the same thing, with donating whatever is left. It feels good to get some of the clutter out.

Meshell....It's great to you see too. It definately feels like home with all the "old" and "new" owls here. I'm sure things will go best in your endeavor for adopting. So many children could use a wonderful home that you could give them.

Tara...I sure hope things get better for you this week. I can be so difficult when it feels uncomfortable at home. They know you are thinking only of the best for them, but they just have a hard time accepting it yet. Take it a day at a time, and I'll be praying for you.

Well, better get the kids ready for the next week of school. Have to collect everything needed for the week and get snacks packed for tomorrow. I really need to be organized the evening before since I seem to forget so many things otherwise in the morning.

Have a great week everyone.

Last edited by SLF; 05-06-2001 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2001, 09:33 PM   #12  

Hi All

It was a beautiful day here in Vermont
Sunny and 65 my favorite!!!!

I went to the local flower shop today bought some pansies and some geraniums but could not plant them because its supposed to go down to the 20's and I don't want them to die.
Going to plant them tomorrow though its supposed to be warmer.

Kind of bummed today, had my weigh in and I stayed the same, I have been walking or riding my bike every day and nothing, notta zilch!!!

Well gotta run have an early meeting in the morning, Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.
Take care
Old 05-06-2001, 09:37 PM   #13  

ok.....starting tomorrow, my husband and I are beginning our weight-loss endeavor together. Next week, I hope to have a weight-loss to report. I am nervous, yet determined.
Old 05-06-2001, 10:37 PM   #14  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Hi There~

I'm getting heavy eyelids and thought I'd better get on here before I poop out without checking in. It's now getting to the point that if I don't stop in, I feel like I've really missed out on something. That's a really good feeling for me. I like the fact that you are all an integral part of my life. You "keep me on my toes". Heh-heh.

Yes, tomorrow is the BIG DAY. Bill gets up at 4:30am to get ready for work and leaves at 5:30am. Well, that's what time I'll start to put the big stuff outside. All in the driveway. Pretty nice of me, don't you think? <sly grin>. I mean....I COULD make him come in my house....have me hanging over his shoulder......watching his every move and shouting at him the entire time "NO, DON'T TOUCH THAT....IT'S MINE!!!!"....but nah, I'll be nice.......BECAUSE I don't want the A**hole in my house ever again. Oh...sorry, I lost control there for a sec.

Susan - I'm sorry I had to get off so abruptly during our phone conversation but one thing happened right after the other. You know, the things that only happen when you're talking to a good friend, long distance .... and they just HAVE to have your attention.......well, they got my attention alright! They broke one of my favorite candle holders....AAAGGHHHHHH. Then, I kept getting phone calls from people I didn't want to talk to. Not anyone bad, just people from the PTA, the dogs vet to check on his appt. ...... blah, blah, blah.......I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE CALLED ME SO LATE! Oh well, I'll call and pester you again soon. Hopefully tomorrow night. I know around 9:15pm is a good time for you and it is for me as well........

Brenda - My buddy.....sure wish you could be here tomorrow.....between the two of us....I think we could really "shake this guy up".... ...heh-heh

I'll have two of my neighbors here with me along with BIG NICK from next door....so atleast I wont feel alone and uncomfortable. Bill offered to stay home but NO WAY. He would only feel bad for Mike and start helping him move things onto whatever it is he's using to move all this sh**...oops....I mean stuff.

Well, I was quite the piggy today. I started out with my Soy slimfast shake......lots of ice so it was very cold and good. It's totally yucky if you don't. Then I had a veggie hero form subway, then a bowl of icecream and that's it. I'm going to have some tea in a little while because I'm ready for bed and it really feels good on my throat and chest. I've gained 3 lbs. since yesterday. These steroids are amazing.....I feel like I'm speeding. Since I got the "pack" starting out with 6...then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. It said to take all 6 the first day if you got it late......so I was bouncing off the walls until I took the cough medicine and then I was wiped out. Geeez, I sound like a walking pharmacy. As soon as I'm done with all of these anti-biotics and etc....I'm going to "fast" on water and pink grapefruit for 2 days to try and get this junk out of me.

Tara - It's always hard to live with your parents. Right now, it sounds as if your role is the parent and vice-a-versa. Must be hard on you AND them. Talk to God in your prayers tonight and you just might be surprised what kind of "ideas" pop into your head in your dreams. Atleast that's the way I feel God speaks to me sometimes. You're always in my thoughts.

Emmy - You, Susan and I could certainly "chew the fat" as per our husbands traveling. It's not easy, is it?! But, they're ours and I'm sure yours is a keeper just like mine and Susan's are. Can't live WITH 'em and can't live without 'em. Heh-heh.....I'm kidding today...but sometimes I think I mean it......<grin>

Well, the stables are really shaping up. Adrienne planted some more of the Hibiscus along the corral line and it looks beautiful. We're going to get "pea" pebbles for the driveway and I'm going to tear up the largest ring with the tractor to get up all of the rocks and what nots that are out there. It will be a great place to put the cross bars and rail road ties for the beginners classes. I've given several lessons so far and with my voice practically gone (don't laugh now) I used Jackie's Karaoke machine's microphone so they could here me.

I'm going to take a picture right now and show you the circles under my eyes....then you can see what I mean when I told you all that I'm EMOTIONALLY drained as well as physical. I don't know...I guess I just like taking pictures....after all, a picture IS worth a thousand words, isn't it?

Sweet Dreams to you all, have a good Monday.
Hugs,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 05-06-2001 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2001, 03:58 AM   #15  

Default Hello Owls

We didn't get the rain yet so I had to water today! We really need it bad.

Pj........hope you got some rest! So did they pick up their stuff? Your life is like a soap opera Take a picture of those Hibiscus for me!

Emmy..good to see you back

Bren...good job going to Subway..love there stuff too!

Susan...Sounds like you really enjoy reading!

Penny...Pansies like the cold but geraniums don't! Becareful if you plant them this soon..I don't put my annuals out untill after Mother's Day.

Hi Meshell

Here is a begonia a friend gave me for my BD last week
Closed Thread