Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Last edited by POOKIE88; 06-15-2007 at 08:24 PM.
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #2  

Hi Cathy, and welcome! I replied to the other thread, but I thought that I would reply here as well so that you would have a chance to read it.

Cathy, if you are feeling sick that often, you should probably talk to your doctor. I was having trouble holding down my food. It ended up that the opening where they reconnected my new stomach pouch was nearly closed. They had to do two endoscopies, to dialate it. I'm feeling great now and am able to eat without feeling sick or throwing everything up. I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time. I hope that you feel better soon.
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #3  

Oh gosh, I didn't realize that you were only one month out. I was still on mushy stuff then too. I too have to deal with head hunger, especially when I'm stressed. Hang in there, Cathy it will get a little easier soon. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:57 PM   #4  
Cathy

Hi ladies, Thanks for the information. My sechedule that is the one from the Diatition, said I was to start on soft foods. Tuna, crab, fish, refried beans w/ cheese. Well the tuna and refried beans will not go down. Chicken will go down well if I cut it really really small and chew, chew, and chew. I also eat it with mashed potatoes or squash. I have been thinking That maybe I'm drinking water to soon before I eat. Sometime I forget and I have been drinking my water then I decide to eat then I get sick. Like today. I got my liquid iron and put some juice it it. started to drink it then in 10 minutes or so it was time for me to go to lunch. I had chicken with cheese and brocclie. sorry about the spelling. It wouldn't stay down. now I feel fine. ready to eat and it's time to be back to work. I eat a lot of hot cooked ceral, or soup that seem to work the best for me too. But geeeeee I want some food.

I don't go to the Doctor until December. If I'm not doing better before the first of December I will take your advice and get ahold of him. I'm really going to try to watch my drinking before meals and after meals. Are you guys thirsty all the time? I just can't seem to get enough to drink and my water is not doing the trick. Crystal light in the bottle is to sweet for me. I'm going to try mixing in extra water. After work I'm going to go to the gnc and get me some liquid b12 to start taking.

Well again thanks for the information. I'm so happy I found this group. I had been searching for groups sence last year and your the first group I feel great about.

Thanks Cathy
mrscrivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #5  
Cathy

Monica I have a question. where do you find those really cut scale. and other thing. I'm like a little kid and I want to know how to do that too!

I found my way back, thanks for being there
Cathy
Old 11-16-2004, 08:03 AM   #6  

Hi Mrscrivas, I had a problem with Crystal light also, it was too sweet, but watering it down works for me, I hope it helps you too! I live on Crystal Light now that I got it where I like it. Best of luck to you!
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:53 PM   #7  
Cathy

Pookie, have you or anyone else tryed mixing there protein mix with food. Like mixing it in tomato soup or patato soup? Do you think it will work?

Cathy
Old 11-16-2004, 03:58 PM   #8  

Hi Cathy,
I mix Unjury unflavored protein powder into all kinds of things to up my protein content. You can get it at their website www.unjury.com

I'm also fond of the Vanilla Unjury protein because it makes a mighty fine shake that has endless variation possibilities.

Get that protein in or Jif will yell at you!!

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #9  

Hello Pookie Pie!!!

Cathy, I'm sorry you are still having a hard time. I sure hope you feel better soon. The bottled Crystal lite is too sweet for me too. I just use the powdered kind and mix in the amount of water that I like to it. It's a lot easier to adjust the taste that way.

Mrs. Crivas, I got my little scale ticker at www.TickerFactory.com I'm not sure what the other thing is that you are talking about, if it's my name with the butterflies, I made that myself. I'd be happy to make you one too if you want.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:12 AM   #10  

Cathy,
Hi I am a Kathy as well!! Congrats on your surgery. I had my surgery last October 2003.
One of the first real foods that I was able to eat was Wendy's chilli. Someone on this board suggested it to me. It has a good deal of protein in it and it is not to spicey at all. I would buy the large container and that was enough for 4-5 meals. I would run it through the blender when I get home and then heat up enough for a serving.
Yes it does get better, as Monica said. There are things that I can eat today I couldn't eat a year ago. But very dry food still does not go down well.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:43 PM   #11  

Hi Cathy:

Just read the whole post and wanted to say "Hi!". Congrads on the surg. I'm still in the testing and deciding phase so reading your posts, as well as others, is great for me.

In your first post you mentioned the pill. I just posted a thread on that subject. The nutritionist told me that I couldn't rely on the pill as birth control any longer. Not sure why....going to check it out further. Just thought I'd mention it as a heads up.

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote