Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Talking Non challenge chat

Johnny Ramone died on Wed. .... BUMMER.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:33 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Dang! Just one left now, right?
Old 09-16-2004, 12:41 AM   #3  

Right. I feel pretty bummed apparently he had prostate cancer. I didn't even know he was sick.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #4  

Had the EMG last Monday. FUN!!! First they put probes on you and put increasingly strong electric currents through your muscles. Your muscles jerk around without you being able to control it. THEN they stick needles in you and measure what is going on at rest and when you resist. They confirmed I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (DUH!!!) and indicated that I do have some permanent damage. (You know you are in trouble when they shake their heads while doing the test!!) STRANGELY, my left hand is worse than my right hand. Since I am right handed that is actually good news!!! I see the surgeon again the 28th, and then I will find out when first surgery will be.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:36 PM   #5  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

A very sad day for the punk world.

I know it may not be for a while but, I hope the surgery goes well Den!

Went out with the boys tonight. I had a great time, even if I was the only chick in the bar.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:41 PM   #6  

HI SQUEAK!!! I'm glad you had fun tonight.

When I told DS17 that Johny had died he went and changed into his Ramones T-shirt. He said at his band practice today they played a bunch of Ramones' songs.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey... I've never heard of an EMG! I wonder if we have that in Canada? We must, but my MIL didn't have that done. They misdiagnosed her! Told her she needed her right hand done... she had it done, and then they told her it wasn't that at all. That she had Polyfibromialgia. That was a couple of years ago. She's been on steroids etc for it for a few years now. A few weeks ago they told her they'd misdiagnosed THAT! Now they think she has Lupis!

Squeak, were you in a gay bar? What a riot, eh? You don't have to worry about anyone hitting on you.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:51 AM   #8  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

Hi guys. I’ve been completely off-line the last week while my niece was visiting. She did stay longer than planned, but we had such a great time. The weather was terrible so we had a good excuse to stay indoors some of the time; reading, talking, watching movies. No wonder I’m her favourite aunt: she’s just like me!

Best wishes for your surgery, Den. The EMG sounds more like torture than an examination! Yikes.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #9  

Ellis-YEESH! Your poor MIL! I think that is why they did the test. Even though it LOOKED like Carpal Tunnel they wanted to make SURE that it wasn't a pinched nerve in the neck or something. The steroids are nasty too. i REALLY don't want that!! My Dad has to use them because of his asthma.

Mette-Glad to hear you had such a great time with your niece! It sure works better when you have similar interests. It is difficult when your guests like to get out and do things ALL THE TIME when your interests lean more towards taking it easy and talking!!
The test wasn't a lot of fun, but mostly I just felt like whining!! Thanks for the good wishes. I think the actual surgery will be a breeze...and much to my kids' dismay I won't be able to do dishes for a while afterwards.....I'm thinking maybe 6 months to a year.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:01 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

EMG is not a fun procedure but sure tells the surgeon whether or not it's CTS. When is the frassing operation, Den? Which hand will they do first?

I'm having a calm day today for a change. Hershey is sleeping on my feet. resting up for puppy production. It sure is quiet with only one dog. Hersh doesn't even bother barking when someone comes to the door - I guess it's no fun when nobody joins in.

Have a fun Friday, chcikies, and stay safe if Ivan is heading your way.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:23 AM   #11  
Cute & Fluffy

I was Ellis! It was a riot. Straight guys don't hit on me all that much when I am out at a regular bar. The guys I was out with last night are such flirts, they even flirt with me! And I am really not thier type. It has been a while since I had that much fun. I hope they figure out what is wrong with your MIL! How are you doing???

Den - I like the no dishes for a year!

Mette - Glad you had fun!

Ruthxxx - I am glad you are having a calm day!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:42 AM   #12  

Well, I got good news about my MA paper yesterday! Even though I still won't be finishing up this semester I can still have financial support from my department next semester. I also got my committee together and I've been getting good, constructive criticism from them on my paper. I can see what direction I'm moving in now and that makes it feel like it is not such a huge job.

I went to a political rally yesterday and I can't believe how sore my legs are today. We were packed in like sardines, so I couldn't even bend my legs until the thing was over!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

The Ramones? Did they sing " I hear the secrets that you keep, when you are talkin in your sleep" If so then i know who you all are talking about. I remember that video from my early "I WANT MY MTV" days.

Just found out that I'm thinking about the Romantics. Oh well, guess I don't know who we are mourning.

Tiki.

Last edited by tikanique; 09-17-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:48 PM   #14  
Cute & Fluffy

The Ramones sing "I wanna be sedated", and at most sporting events the song Blitzkrieg Bop is played ("hey ho, let's go").

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated
Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go....
Just put me in a wheelchair and put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-o I wanna be sedated
Just put me in a wheelchair get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry before I gotta go
I can't control my fingers I can't control my toes
Oh no no no no no
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go...
Just put me in a wheelchair...
Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated

Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:52 PM   #15  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah but they wrote the same damn song over and over and over for their entire career. I did find some of their songs fun but they were a one- trick pony.

Who remembers watching Rock n' Roll High School? I had the soundtrack!
Closed Thread