Old 10-28-2004, 08:17 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Thursday Chat, October 28th

Good Morning !!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #2  

Good morning....still in class. Only today and tomorrow am and then I am done. Kind of psyched though....very cool software.

Weight is attrocious!!!!!!! I will have to get back in business next week when my life is back to normal. Have to go out to eat tonight with the boss and co-workers but I will have a steak and a salad so I am not worried about that.

OH I FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO RED SOX! We are the champions, we are the champions......

I will check in later if I can.
Hope you are all doing well. Promise next week to get more personal.

Oh, I hope KarenW is doing well after her surgery.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:55 AM   #3  

Morning Leenie

Jane: I thought about you last night when the Red Sox won! I knew that you would be happy! About time they won after 86 years Hope that you enjoy your last 2 days of classes! Have a great day!

Well, a lot going on here this week. I was supposed to be off from today until Monday. But we have one girl who is very sick, so I told them I would work her 4 1/2 hour shift today. Supposed to go out to dinner with best friend this evening, and then my nephew has his last foot ball game tonight. Have to come home after the game and get packed for the beach. I am leaving in the morning and going to pick my grandma up and we are heading down. (My grandma is 80 and has way more energy than I ever had even before getting pregnant!) My MIL is already there waiting for us. My DH and FIL are leaving tomorrow evening to come down. There is a huge craft/fall festival at the beach this weekend. I was awesome last year. I am looking forward to that. Then Saturday evening our community there is having their annual pig/chicken pickin. It's going to be a very busy weekend, but I am planning on resting a lot on Sunday. I will try to check in tomorrow morning before I leave, but it not I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lisa

Last edited by Mrs H; 10-28-2004 at 08:58 AM.
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 AM   #4  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey girls-almost friday!

Leenie- how'd it go with the boss?

Jane-boy did they deserve that win....take that babe ruth!

Lisa- that sounds so fun! I sure wish I still had my grandma around....

well off to the shower -I'll check in later
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:11 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,
Still trudging along on induction and doing well, glad to see all of you doing so well, boss is lurking around so i will check back in later!!

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:30 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Afternoon !

WHERE's BRENDA??? Hey Bren, get your rear in here tap tap tap !!!

Lisa, sounds like a good time. Enjoy your G'ma

Jane, hang in there, its almost the weekend. Some days/weeks I get so busy I can barely post too.

TG, good for you for doing so well on Induction!! TTYL

Marie, thats an awfully long shower.... peeeeeeeeew! whats shakin by you?

Okay back to work for me....
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #7  
on my way down again

Default Yea! We're going camping!

Hi ALL! I'm having salami and cheese with coffee...interesting.

Jane, mmmm That steak and salad sounds good. Enjoy!

Leenie, Hi there! Forget getting back to work. Call in sick and come camping with us.

Lisa and , The crafts fair sounds like fun. I love going to them. Have fun with your family. What's a pig/chicken pickin?

Marie, Hellllooo! still in the shower? hehe

TG, Hang in there on the induction. You're doing great!

We're leaving in the morning to go RVing for 4 or 5 days. I've been preparing Induction foods, so we can stay OP...lots of baked chicken, some cheese balls, cheeses, salads, nuts, etc. Then I can just nibble on those if I start to think of chips and dip, french bread and candy. It's going to be pouring and cold , so BBQ's out of the question, although I'm sure I'd get soaked to make a s'more. hehe j/k. I always over pack with things I "might need" so I'm going to have a little fun and see just how light I can pack. I don't need 30 movies, a book from every category, 10 magazines, the computer printer. Afterall, we are allowed 5000 towing pounds, and I've lost 16 pounds this month, so there's more things I can take...
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:03 PM   #8  
Head Princess

Yeah! Red Sox!!!!!!! I knew they were gonna do it this year!

I went on an experimental food fest yesterday. Here's what I found out. Lender's lc bagels are pretty good. Thomas lc english muffins are pretty good (but more toaster biscuit than english muffin). Red Baron lc french bread pizzas are gross! Consider yourself warned

My big news for yesterday was that for the first time in my life, I'm the proud owner of a pair of knee-high boots! Ok, it may not sound like much, but I've got really big calves and I could never zip the damn boots up over them. But yesterday I did!!! I'm so dang excited!

And then it got me thinking, maybe that's why some of us are having a hard time. It's easy to get discouraged or sidetracked when you don't see changes. Maybe we should resurrect the 'little things' thread so we remember to pay attention to all the cool changes we're experiencing. What do you think?
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

*towelling off* Man! life is so much better since I got that 10,000,00 gallon hot water heater.....

Sonnet- must be nice! Just go off RV'ing while the rest of us slave away! no no! thats ok...just leave...we'll be fine * single tear falls*

TG- go girl! Go Girl! Go Girl!
Old 10-28-2004, 02:30 PM   #10  

Star....I tried on boots again last night and I can't get any of them to zip up! You mean to tell me that there are no fat woman anywhere that wear boots? Geez, I am so jeleous *sigh* Congrats though.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:57 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Jane - Torrid has knee-high boots for larger calves, but these are from payless. I was just so excited!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Im HOME

Im very loopy from the percoset.. but I am home!

I just wanted to check in and let you all know I am doing well. I am hoping that by tomorrow I will be feeling less pain and not need the percoset.. so I can post more. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be home. Those hospital beds are HORRIBLE!!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:35 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Sorry all. I don't have time to do personals so please forgive me Got up late this morning. Then had no internet. Ran late for work. Then had an after work meeting that ran late. Now I've got 30 more things to get done before DH gets home and we all go feed deer and then DD practices shooting. I suck at trying to stay OP so I'm going to try and get my life de-stressed first and then try and worry about what I'm eating. Right now I've got too much on my place and I'm stressin big time. Did I mention my oldest baby is going GUN hunting tomorrow for the first time??
Hope you all are having a great OP day and I'll hopefully get things straightened out enough to be online tomorrow.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

oh!!!! Welcome back Karen and glad surgery went well!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:38 PM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

Karen- so glad to hear it went ok.....rest and be well...

Star- ok, heres my dirty little secret...I own 19 pairs of boots
they are my obsession...I've got them from beatle to thigh high...zebra, leopard and ostrich....I can ( could zip them all even though my calves aren't small,) BUT, I sent a pair of black suede stack heel ones out to have them refurbished...they redye the suede and fix the hells and put protectant on them...when I got them back the other day I couldnt zip them up! DH says maybe the dye stuff they use shrinks the suede ( yeah right) but Im going to tough it out and see if they stretch...or I shrink.

I think we should def. start the little things thread...wasnt it you who said your toe ring fell off? i loved that one