South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 04:23 PM   #1  

Default Starting November 1

I am finally going to start South Beach on November 1. I am actually really excited and I think my husband is going to do this with me. I know the will be difficult but I am telling myself it is only 2 weeks, I can do it.

Do most of you eat 3, meals with 2 snacks or can you split up the meals a little more and snack more often? Let me know.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Thobbs, and welcome!

I think you'll love the beach. Getting through Phase 1 is hard for the first three or five days while you are detoxing from sugar, but so worth it in the end! Check out the recipe forum for great dishes to get you through Phase 1: the Taco Bake, Stuffed Chicken, Almond Dijon Chicken, and the infamous PB Cup!

As to meals, I eat three plus two snacks, which works for me. But if you wanted to break it up more, I think that would be fine as long as you are eating every couple hours so your blood sugar doesn't get low. Read the book, if you haven't, and see what you think about what he's saying. Dr. A does say that it's much easier to prevent blood sugar from dropping than it is to bring it back up.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:27 PM   #3  

Hi and welcome. I started on Monday and here I am 3 days later feeling pretty good. I do eat 3 meals a day, 2 snacks and 1 dessert. I made the PB Cup and, in a word, YUUMMMYYY!!! Last night I tried the ricotta dessert in the book. My husband and I are adapting just fine.

Read the book about phase 1. I stopped before it went on to phase 2 so I could concentrate on what I was doing these 2 weeks. I will start reading phase 2 next week to prepare for fruit and carbs. I'm dying for oatmeal here. LOL.

Please read some of the post of the folks in here. They are such wonderful people and so willing to help.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #4  

Welcome to the beach, I try to eat three meals a day, two snacks and desert. More frequent snacking can become a difficult habit to break so I would suggest avoiding it, having said that I often get too busy for my morning snack and have two in the afternoon.

Take the next few days to get rid of the off plan foods in your cupboards, it is much easier to stick to phase one if temptation isn't around. Stock up on foods you can eat, think about what you will will be eating then PLAN! I have a freezer full of individually wrapped boneless chicken breast (skin removed) and lean steak so dinner is a quick and easy affair.

Good luck, they are a supportive bunch here so keep posting if you have any questions.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:40 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey and welcome to the sand! When I first started I did 3 meals and 2 snacks and did really great but now I have gotten lax with my meals and it shows in my loss or lack of. So I am goin to start back eating all 3 meals a day. I have never been a 3 meal eater and it is sometimes hard for me. But I know how important it is to weight loss! Funny I have to eat to lose weight! hahaha Looking forward to seein you around the beach!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:37 PM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Welcome!

You are so lucky that DH is doing this with you. I'm alone in house of people who eat everything! When I started I did exactly what the book said and had 3 meals, 2 snacks and one dessert. I try to stick with that program even now but I have added (phase 2) some low carb, low fat drinkable yogurt. I drink that before breakfast to get the body furnace revving up. I don't ever feel like I'm missing anything. Good luck!
Closed Thread