South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Beach Chat - October 26

Good morning! I'm up and at it earlier this morning. I actually slept until 4 with no pee break!

Sarah came yesterday and we did four hours of organizing hoses and clearing stuff in the barn so I can get my car in there this winter. (It's not a huge barn, by the way - bigger than a two-car garage with a loft and a small stable in the back part. Grandpa kept one horse and his Jersey cow when he retired and moved here from the farm.)

The big news is that Lucy is coming home tomorrow! The pups are now completely weaned and she is drying up. She will be very happy to be home, I'm sure.

I have a "decorator" coming this afternoon to give me some ideas re living room and dining room "window treatments"! What ever happened to curtains, blinds and drapes? My windows have been "un-treated" since I got the new windows installed which was July, I think. I took down all the old curtains then, Gail took them for her daughters and we've had naked windows since. I hope to heck I can get them done before Christmas! I kept putting off deciding on colours!

I had a bad encounter with lasagna for dinner last night so today has to be pure. I am doing a Scarey Story reading at the Library tonight so may just have soup and salad for an early meal.

What's happening at your house?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:40 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Ruth! I bet you can't wait for Lil Ms. Lucy to come home! As I am sure she is ready as well. I'm still looking for window treatments as well for my livingroom. Decisions decisions! The bad thing is I have 4 sets of really nice Croscill curtains that I had in the other house but I can't use here. So here I sit with naked windows and about 500 hundred dollars worth of unusable window treatments! Not much happenin down here today. I'm off to get more coffee. It's a lil chilly this morning but the high is 80 today so it will warm up fast. I'll check on y'all chicks later. Have a good day all!
Old 10-26-2004, 07:41 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Ruth, I bet you'll be really glad to have Lucy home! Have homes been found for the wee ones yet? Will they stay with Morna until they're adopted?

About the only thing new with me is that I started a trial run on Topamax last night. I slept better, more comfortably and on a pain scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being unbearable, I'm currently at a 4 versus 5 or 6 yesterday. A nice side effect of Topamax for most users is weight loss. So here's hoping.

Made a yummy London broil on the grill for dinner last night. Potatoes for the guys and salad for me.

Well, gotta finish getting ready for work.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 10-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

I forgot to ask if you all get the Daily Dish? Today was about the new line of Kraft products that are "South Beach Diet Recommended." It says they have the phase listed on them. That should make for a lil more ease when shopping. Now if everyone would label their food SBD friendly or non SBD friendly we would have it made!
Old 10-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #5  
cac

Hi everyone,

Finally got my cup of coffee (fecafinate). Just the thought of coffe wakes me up.

Ruth glad the pup is comming home.

Not much going on here. Just keeping up the exersize (4.3 miles in 41 min and 27 sec). Following a phase 1.5 and using fitday to make sure I get between 1500-2000 cal a day.

cac
Old 10-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #6  

Morning, gals! I'm back down to the weight I was before the weekend. I DEFINITELY should not have eaten out Saturday night but the last time we were there they had stuff that was OP so I thought I'd be okay.

I don't teach a class until this afternoon so I have some time to get caught up on stuff this morning. I've got my workout stuff in the car and plan to stop on the way home.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:31 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

I'm down another 2 pounds that makes me happy.

Ruth - I'll bet you'll be soo happy to get lucy back. I miss my Major very much and we can't have a dog where we are living now so someday...... I'll have another dog - but a little smaller than a rottie. They are just too hard to give a bath to if they don't want one.

Bami - 80 degrees? I've forgotton what that feels like. We will be highs maybe if we are lucky in the 60's.

Mama - I think not being able to sleep is one of the worst problems! I can handle pain, I can give birth - but don't take away my sleep! I can't sleep when I'm binging on sugar and it makes me really crabby. I hope it works well for you.

Barb & cac - I can't get my butt moving on the exercise thing. I don't know how to get myself motivated. I know it will make me feel better once I do it but where do you find the motivation? What do you do when you are tired at night and don't want to do it? If I had exercised this month I would have been able to make my goal weight of 10 pounds but I just can't get the ball rolling. Any advice?
Old 10-26-2004, 09:43 AM   #8  

Hi everyone, Just popping my head in for a second. It's a beautiful day so I want to get in a long walk before starting to work. My weight is up 4 pounds from my signature weight, but I'll hold off changing until after tom. I just can't believe I've been that far off. Time for a 'fitday' reality check I guess.

Great days everybody!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:56 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

Bill my painter just came to check out my kitchen for painting and says he can start it next week! He was to do it when the Girls were away but his wife was very ill and expected to live two months. I thought everything was off until after Christmas. She passed away last week and Bill is rarin' to go! Somehow I need to get my kitchen wallpaper stripped before next Monday! How about you all come here for coffee tomorrow and start. If we're done by 9:30, we can plant the daffies around the village and do my own bulb planting too! I need staff!

All this is to let you know that I won't be hanging out in here as much! Have to learn those damned lines too. It's a lot easier to learn a part when you have written the script!

Pray that I get through the next three weeks without having a nervous breakdown and gaining 20 pounds. Rice Krispie Squares attacked me just now! Oy!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:08 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Rice Krispie Squares attacked me just now! Oy!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:28 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. Thought I would drop in for a quick cup.

Ruth - You must be excited to be getting Lucy back. Good luck on getting the wallpaper stripped and lines learned. Do it OP, though, and don't let the stress get too much of you. Bye the way....I think the wallpaper stripping will count as exercise.

Bamie - 80 degrees, huh? Here is is -3 with a foot of snow, but getting balmier as the day rolls on. We're just settling in for winter and trying to get our outside repairs done before it is too, too cold. However, it does look like some will need to wait for spring now...

Mama - WOW! Something to cure pain AND lose weight. Hmmmm. WTG. Glad, though, that you are sleeping better and that it is helping the pain. Have a great work day.

Cac - Great work on the exercise. What kind do you do?

Barb - Good the know that you are back on track after the weekend detour. Keep up the great job.

Anchor - 2 pounds Congrats!

Heidi - Sorry to hear about the 4 pounds, but you are right. Wait until after this tom because you will just be changing it anyway. There's no point in registering a water weight gain at this point. Take care

Me - Nothing much going on with me. Will be going away for a few days...pick up the keys to our new condo while DH is working in Calgary, and just basically finding something to entertain myself and puppy while he's working. We have some shopping planned, but don't tell DH.

I have been working with a personal fitness trainer for the past few weeks. She has started me on a strength/flexibility program that I am finding difficult. It is amazing how much muscle tone we lose over the years (you notice I didn't say when we get old ). She has made me promise to do at least one workout while I'm away and still keep up the cardio workouts that I do. Soooo, DH gets to pack the weights and stability ball, etc. I know he'l be thrilled - but just think of it, that would be some time that I won't be in the stores.

DH and his girlfriend move out this weekend. It will certainly be strange to have an emptier house now. They are also taking one of the dogs, so our own puppy will be lonlier without her pal. I'm taking her with us on our trip so that she won't be in so much shock losing her buddy and being by herself until we get home. She loves to travel and stay in hotels, so it will be a bit of an outing for her, too.

Guess I'd better be getting to work. The boss has arrived and it is time to get busy. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:43 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchor weight
Barb & cac - I can't get my butt moving on the exercise thing. I don't know how to get myself motivated. I know it will make me feel better once I do it but where do you find the motivation? What do you do when you are tired at night and don't want to do it? If I had exercised this month I would have been able to make my goal weight of 10 pounds but I just can't get the ball rolling. Any advice?
Amy, I just try to get into a routine. I go right after work and try to get in a half hour to an hour. It really doesn't make any more difference with getting dinner ready than if I had to work that extra half hour or so. What do I do when I don't want to do it? I go anyway. If I'm not feeling well, I might reduce the intensity but normally, once I am there, it feels so good. You should try to find something that you enjoy. That makes it a lot easier. I don't mind doing elliptical too much since I can watch TV. I read a book while riding the bike. I find I can easily keep up my 21.6 mph pace when reading. It really just needs to become a routine and then you will find you miss it when you can't go. I ALWAYS feel a lot more relaxed and energized after I work out.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:01 PM   #13  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Ruth - But just think! Your kitchen will be beautiful by Christmas now!

So, the big news with me is my Wicked Stepmother called last night and she & my dad want to buy me a ticket to come home for Thanksgiving. Only one ticket, of course, not including the Cute Boyfriend. So, I asked him and he was upset (he thinks he'll miss me terribly) but I haven't seen my dad in a couple of years. We thought about buying him a ticket but they're around $400 for a roundtrip and frequent flyer miles is getting him nowhere around Thanksgiving. The good news is that I'll get to see my dad, my mom and my sister. The Wicked Stepmother is even talking about inviting over the extended family (who I do NOT get along with). It looks like it's me vs. the fam.

Going home for thanksgiving has given me a whole heck of a lot more to worry about. Well, I have no problems keeping motivated now... I wonder if I could do Phase I until Thanksgiving?
Old 10-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, everyone! I'm trying to be good by not posting to everyone...but know that I read every daily post and am sending lots of good vibes your way! :

Ruth, I'm sorry about all the stress! But so glad Lucy will be home! Get her going eating wallpaper and you'll be done in no time! Do any pups come home with Luce? Get yourself a rice krispie protective suit and off you go! Wish I could come over and help...ripping wallpaper sounds like a lot more fun that stressing over work and homework!

Amy, I feel your pain...I NEVER liked to exercise before! I still have days where it's a huge battle between going back to bed and going to the gym, even now that I actually like it! Try to find something that is fun for you. Get a buddy to go with so you feel guilty when you want to bail. Join classes, get video tapes you can do regardless of the weather, fun ones like bellydancing! You can do this! Start small and work your way up! And check out the Exercise forum...they have a lot of great exercise advice!

Me:
Well, up a couple pounds this morning...not sure why. I might have had too much salt yesterday? I did start TOM last night, so that might be the reason. I'm not going to get too worked up about it until TOM is over.

I spent most of last night either cooking (made Broc Cheese soup and the stuffed chicken breasts) or on the phone with my mom. She and Dad just got back from their first cruise (also their first vacation alone ever) and she had a lot to say. I was on the phone for at least 3 hours. That will be one heck of a phone bill!

Not much else going on...I'm sure a ton of homework is going to attack me tonight...just not sure yet what it will be!
Old 10-26-2004, 04:39 PM   #15  
Faith in me

Hello Ladies

Just popping in....Spent most of the day applying for some office jobs....then applied for health insurance...oh joy...good news is that if i get approved i get to keep seeing the same dr.....a little while ago i did the bmi calculator thingie on here and it said i was no long obese that now i'm just plain overweight....which i'll take....i've always hated the word obese...i mean really couldn't they have given it a nicer name like pleasantly plump or something...anyways...it's chilly here...and I'm going to curl up and watch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin tonight with my little brother...should be fun...I hope you ladies are doing well!!
Closed Thread