Old 10-21-2004, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Recommendations?

I'm searching for home thingies to make myself not so sick! I'm desperate! It's been almost 3 weeks with a fever on and off (my doctor says to keep checking in with him), and I can't handle being sick any longer! Any ideas? I think my problem comes from the fact I'm working lots, and am out in the cold with a fever in a light sweater. I NEED TO NOT BE SICK ANYMORE!! So what is there for a fever? help help help! Can you tell I'm completely desperate? Anything will do, if you tell me to drink water sideways as a cure, I will definitely try that Please and thanks

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #2  
missaprylj

I don't know what to say other than "sleep" and "drink water" and I'm sure you've heard that a BILLION times. I'm sorry you're sick! Let's see what everyone else has to say.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:13 PM   #3  
Live for the Moment!

Aimee - I'm sick too.. I've been drinking lots of peppermint tea w/ honey, Vitamin C.. and of course, lots of rest! I hear ya though gf, I cant be sick either... and its hard for me to rest since I've been working so much overtime at work.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:44 PM   #4  
beautiful

have you taken anything for your fever? tylenol? advil?
i think you just need some really good sleep if you can get it... that always helps me.
try some zinc lozenges too. some people swear by them. i heard that echinacea or whatever that stuff is called is supposed to help too but i have never tried it.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:33 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but get some rest. It really does the trick for me when I am sick.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:50 AM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

This may sound dumb but have you tried positive imagery? Remember, a fever is your body's way of fighting off little nasties that have snuck in. When I'm sick, it's difficult for me not to be very hard on myself (and my body) for getting sick. Very negative thoughts flow through my head (stupid body, get over this!).

However, there have been many studies that say postive imagery leads to quicker recovery from illness. Imagine your body's white cells (they fight the nasties) like little knights in shining armour attacking whatever icky invading force is out there. Picture your blood flowing into the areas of weakness and bringing with it good nutrition, vitamins and hydration to heal. If your taking medication, picture it as the calvary along with your white blood cells.

Okay, see - you said you'd do anything! Bet you didn't guess on a little psychological advice!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

When I get sick or start feeling like I'm about to, I drink tons of Crystal Light Sunrise which is the CL version of fake orange juice with vitamin C.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 01:26 AM   #8  
beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica
This may sound dumb but have you tried positive imagery? Remember, a fever is your body's way of fighting off little nasties that have snuck in. When I'm sick, it's difficult for me not to be very hard on myself (and my body) for getting sick. Very negative thoughts flow through my head (stupid body, get over this!).

However, there have been many studies that say postive imagery leads to quicker recovery from illness. Imagine your body's white cells (they fight the nasties) like little knights in shining armour attacking whatever icky invading force is out there. Picture your blood flowing into the areas of weakness and bringing with it good nutrition, vitamins and hydration to heal. If your taking medication, picture it as the calvary along with your white blood cells.

Okay, see - you said you'd do anything! Bet you didn't guess on a little psychological advice!
YES that works too! i can't tell you how many times i've fought off the sickies just by thinking positive!
Old 10-22-2004, 09:41 AM   #9  

So far I'm just trying to ignore it, I have lots to do at work, and just don't have the time to be sick. So I go to the washroom at work, do my sick thing, come back, and get right back to it, and if anyone askes me how I'm doing? I give them 2 thumbs up (if I had to speak I'd probably burst out in tears). But I'm the girl who cried "sick" too many times, people eventually ignore you if you are chronically sick. I have IBS, so if I eat anything "wrong", I definitely DO get sick! I will trying being more positive.

Uhm Jessica that does sound pretty ... out there ... but hey! I am getting pretty darn desperate! And I'm going to head to the store and buy Vitamin C, and I could start drinking Orange juice, I totally blanked on that possibility.

Nelie - I had no idea they made crystal lite with vitamin c.. thats crazy! If it didn't have the aspartame, I'd get some of that.

Thanks everyone, rest does seem like the best idea, and I have been going to bed at 9-9:30pm every night, it's the getting up at 6:30am thats the problem. I get the entire weekend off, I'm going to make sure my pj's are clean, and I'm going to camp out on my couch (and I will STOP exercising for the weekend!). I know I can kick this weird-o sickness in the butt, its just taking longer than normal!

-Aimee
Old 10-22-2004, 10:33 AM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

A couch potato weekend with lots of fluids and plenty of rest should do you wonders. Stay away from exercise and instead have a few long steamy hot showers to help sweat the fever out. Make sure you do go back to the doctor if it continues, because going beyond 3 weeks may be indicative of something more than a cold or flu, such as mono. No coffee or smoking either, ya hear!! Take care.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:19 PM   #11  
beautiful

umm.... you're not pregnant are you? i just remembered that both times i found out i was pregnant was after battling a long cold type thing. just thought i'd ask! LOL
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #12  

No I'm not pregnant, I am on the pill, and just had my period. I just couldn't deal with having a kid right now.. I am barely ever home, and my boyfriend is home even less. I thought about it for a minute, because I just don't trust the pill.. I've even gone to the doctor to see if I had a kidney infection, because I am having back pain. But the pain is just from passing out and not moving all night long. I am feeling a bit better today.. just tired.

Jillegal - no coffee? What planet are YOU from?? I LOVE my coffee!! But I will be giving it up for the weekend (my coffee shop is by my work, not my house), and I can't do that smoking thing.. I'm just too old to start an addiction. And I did visit the doctor, he didn't seem too concerned, so I'm not either.. heh.

OT - should I buy a winter jacket ( I currently just layer which is plenty warm), or should I get my hair cut and possibly streaked? I can't make up my mind!

-Aimee
Old 10-23-2004, 01:41 AM   #13  
missaprylj

Hair done! Hope you're better Monday!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #14  
beautiful

well, which do you NEED more? a coat or your hair done? getting your hair done will make you feel good for how long? getting a coat could keep you warm for how long?
hopefully you will be feeling better, VERY MUCH better soon!