Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Chat, October 21st

Good Morning

(Actually I'm cheating, its till Wednesday, 11:39 pm to be exact lol )

I'm not pulling another all nighter so good night and I will chat w/u all tomorrow
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:11 AM   #2  
on my way down again

Good Morning everyone. It's only 5, so... Hope everyone has a great day.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! WOOOHOOO......TAKE THAT NY!

ok, I got that out of my system.......

Good morning.

Eating is still atrocious, weight is paying the price, having a bad hair day, still got this freakin cold! But the RED SOX WON!

Oh, sorry there I go again......
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:33 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope you have a great day!

Sonnet: OMG I don't think I EVER get up at 5. Well, I'm awake (thanks ya darn cats!!) but I don't get out of bed. Hmm..maybe THAT'S why I'm always so dang tired!! I need more sleep. What a concept.

Jane: I'm guessing the Red Sox won. Well dang, that means DH's beloved Yankees didn't. Quite observant of me this morning isn't it?

Well, another OP day. Unfortunately I see no way to get around the weekend of not being OP. They don't surve OP stuff there. DH told me he's figured out where the "backdoor blues" came from that week..it's from the wraps I was eating. Cuz he ate one and...well, the result is history now lol Oh my, I must be more tired than I thought!! lol. I have to go pick up DH's venison from the chop shop so I might not make it online this afternoon. So you all have a great day!! And to those coming in later
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Ok....I REALLY must be tired cuz I'm sitting here and I can smell poop diaper!!! I don't have kids in diapers anymore so WHAT'S GOING ON??? Doesn't smell like cat so it can't be that. OH EWW!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda !! did you poopie in your pants again ? Maybe you farted and didn't know it.

Okay.... In my family (bros, sis, nephews) if I said to them, I smell poop...their response would be....... "its your upper lip" HAAAA!!! we are one sick bunch. Sorry if I've offended anyone

Well I must bet busy here. Got lots to do, LOTS TO DO..I TELL YAH!

I don't like baseball but I"m glad the Yankees gave some one else a chance to win, it was nice of them I was starting to wonder why they call the series The World Series when its always played in the Bronx Seriously, I hate sports YEAH BOSTON!!!

Sonny & Jane (almost said Cher LOL)
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:10 AM   #7  

Who's your daddy now!!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:15 AM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

Hello all,

Man, it's been a loooooong time. Things have been pretty crazy around here work wise and I never get online at home anymore so I just really haven't had the time to check in. I think of you all from time to time though and wonder how you're doing. There's no way I'd ever have the time to go through and read all the days I've missed, so I'm sorry if I missed anything big. The new superintendant here at work is keeping us busy busy busy. I've been here past 4 pm (school is out at 2:50) most nights just trying to keep up. All of his extra work, plus the new computerized grading program (which is soooo not as easy as they made it sound), plus the 2 new texts books this year have me jumping.
Let's see... on the homefront.... My BF had gotten a job at Lube Pro's to pay the bills until he found a career job. Well, it turned into 4 months and him getting turned down for several jobs and losing confidence in himself. Plus, he was working 11 hour days and hating every minute of it... and on top of that... the job was helping, but the money was still tight. A new lumber company is opening up in the town where I teach and I told him he should go apply because it probably paid well.... FINALLY, someone saw his potential and they started interviewing him for management training. It became official yesterday afternoon when they called and offered him a job. We are so unbelievably happy... He feels better now that he knows he doesn't have to go back to Lube Pros and he's back to the happy go lucky guy I've been missing. My sister had her baby last week... it was a BOY. After 5 generations of nothing but females... we finally got a boy! I got to be present for the birth and it was sooooo amazing. My other sister is finally getting to go on her trip to England, she's wanted to visit there for years.. She's over there right now and hopefully having an excellent time!!! The BF and I have picked out a ring and it's being made as we speak and will probably be done next week! There's lots more, but those are the highlights. I hope everyone is doing well!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:22 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Hope your busy day goes well.

Sonnet: Wow! 5 am, huh?! I've still got three hours of sleep left.

Jane: My mom always said that if I don't have something nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all. So, being a Yankees fan, I don't have much pleasant to say this morning.... I bet it's crazy around Boston since the Red Sox haven't won a World Series since 1918, and they've got a chance this year.

Brenda: I'm the same way... I'm already chalking this weekend up as a loss. Well, Sunday night, at least. We're going camping, and what's camping without s'mores? DH already bought the supplies for them...

Shimma: It's great to hear from you! Glad things are going well. Congrats to the BF for the new job! And, congrats on becoming an aunt! Maybe things will settle down a bit so you can come and visit us more often.

Well, last night turned into an eating disaster. It's was all DH's fault again. (Blaming him makes me feel better. ) He bought cookies with Reese's Pieces in them and baked them while I was right there. That's hard to resist! So, I didn't keep it to the reasonable two that I had the night before. It got really ugly! Argh! I WILL be OP until Sunday night!! No more cookies!

Well, here's to a great, OP day! Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #10  

I'm sorry Jina.....I shouldn't have rubbed it in. Just so proud. And I'm not a big sports fan either!!!!! Now maybe Damon will get his freakin hair cut!
I haven't made cookies in ages. I have the most awesome cookie cookbook. I used to make all kinds. They aren't my trigger though. Now if I could just get a cookbook on how to make a bag of Dorito's or something then I would be in BIG trouble.

Shimma: HELLO! Glad to hear that everything is going so well. Congrats on the ring. Much happiness. We miss you around here!

Leenie: Yes it was nice of them to "let" us win wasn't it Why aren't you sleeping???????
Old 10-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #11  

Jina: LOVE Tickerfactory.com! as you can tell...............
Old 10-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: His hair is atrocious, isn't it?? It cracks me up. I've heard people say, "How can the Red Sox lose? We've got Jesus playing center field!" Funny stuff.

And, I had a great time with TickerFactory.com, too! I love your turkey.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:08 AM   #13  

Everytime I see him get to bat I can't help but think "what would Jesus do?"

Old 10-21-2004, 12:54 PM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

The hair I can deal with ( although it's not bee-yoo-ti-full like my DH's-lol) but the hairy face has got to go.....

well now I got to go get one of those ticker things like everyone else

Leen: im coming over with a big fry pan like in the cartoons and knock you out....you can dream of stars and little birds...

Sonnet- I get up at 5 too....but I have to degrade myself into it every morning:

"No NO!...thats ok Marie! just stay in bed, just roll that lard *** over and go back to sleep...call omar the tent maker when you wake up....IM UP! IM UP ALREADY YA *****!"....and so the day begins.

Jane: the curse is broken!I heard on the news this morning someone said "we're so used to being disappointed that if they win, we'll probably be disappointed that we're not disappointed"

Brenda: well I will be awaiting my venison jerky although I was in solvang recently and tried some ostrich jerky..........it wasnt good.

Rhonda! glad youre back sass bucket! So glad for your BF....Dale has the same problem...he's a musician and the guy he tours with just cancelled all shows for the resy of the year. So, now He's trying to find something else to supplement his home business...but when all you've done is play for the last 10 years, your marketability is out the window.so....when do we get to see the ring?

Jina: I made cookies for the DH and DD last night...I made them sit and eat them all so I couldnt get to any! DH was up half the night with a stomachache.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:41 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Now I want a TickerFactory thing too! How is everyone today? Thanks for the comments on the new avatar, I figured it was time for an update. I think I'm going to stay a brunette at least for the winter. It's fun!

Leenie - You're so funny!

Hi Sonnet!

Jane - Yeah, Red Sox!!!! I'm one of those people who generally watch sports to watch and don't really pick sides, but I'm a sucker for an underdog so I've been watching this series. And as for Damon, well, he's a damn pretty man under all that hair!

Brenda - Where are you going this weekend that they don't even serve salad? Oh, and just in case you get desperate for an oreo again, there is a 'low carb' version of them now. 7 grams per cookie.

Shimma - good to see you again! And congrats on all the wonderful-ness going on in your life!

Jina - I'm sorry you're a Yankees fan, but you guys had it coming! Why is DH doing that to you? I've wanted to go out to Florida and kick him before, maybe I'll really do it this time!

Marie - Thanks for reminding me why it's great to not work. I get up when I wake up now. Any time between 7:00 and noon. I love it!!!

I've been wanting stew like a mad-woman lately so I'm off to find some plausable recipies that don't involve potatoes. Atkins sent out one today that involves lamb.....mmmmmmmmmmm. Yes, I eat lamb! I don't want to hear any whining about it - those little suckers may look cute, but they're vicious!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote