Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:02 AM   #1  

Exclamation Should I start WW online?

Hello ladies! I am considering starting the WW online program, but I am concerned. Will I still get the paper materials and books if I join online, or will I just be able to enter food intake, etc on the website? I really feel I need the paper materials, but I don't have time right now for the real meetings. Also, does WW really, really work?

Shannon
Old 10-26-2004, 07:06 AM   #2  
Happy Loser

Hi Shannon...

With the online membership, you don't get any paper materials, just what's online. That being said, there's a really comprehensive search to find the points value of various foods (I think they said there's over 20,000 items.) And you can track your points, water, dairy, etc. I haven't decided if it's worth the $$ yet. I know how the system works, so I may quit after my initial three months and just go by a WW store and by the new Complete Food Companion.

Hope this helped!
Christine
Old 10-26-2004, 08:43 AM   #3  
Sherry

Default No paper products

Hi Shannon!
If you want the ww materials you need to join ww at home. It's on the site too however I don't think it's offered everywhere. You'll need to type in your zip code and it'll tell you if your eligable in your area. You do get everything you'd need tho, everything you'd get if you went in to join. For a price. Not sure how much it costs but I remember you can split up your payments if you put it on a credit or debit card.

Good luck! It's a great program!
Old 11-05-2004, 02:36 PM   #4  

Hey there,
I live in a really rural area so we don't have a WW store, in fact I have never even heard of one. I'd like to find one sometime, that would be cool. We are not eligble for WW at home either b/c of our location. If we are WW members and attend the meetings we can join online at a reduced price but b/c of our rural location we have to photocopy our little weigh in card, mail or fax it to WW international, wait for a confirmation number and then register to use WW online. Many women in our area had a difficult time getting it to work though. Some have sent thier cards more than once and NEVER heard from WW.

I don't have time for meetings. So I've joined WW online on two occasions now. I LOVED the recipe builder, it helped me calculate the points for my favorite recipes. I liked the searchable data base.

I did not like that the journal was online only, but you can print blank ones. The second time I joined was such a PAIN!!!! It would not allow me to adjust my starting weight b/c I had been a member before and it was going by that which was a year old. So I never got credited for losing b/c it looked like I had had a huge gain. I wanted to start over from scratch.

My journal would delete constantly. I would have to reenter my stuff several times a day before it saved. For weeks it did this. I contacted thier help desk via email and they told me how to enter stuff. I wrote back and told them I was computer literate enough to know how to enter the data, there was something else going on. They wrote back and told me once again how to enter stuff. It was like an automated response to journal questions. I emailed WW and told them it was not worth my time or money to deal with that and I wanted my money back. They reembursed my CC and unsubscribed my membership.

I really liked alot of things about it, but I really disliked many more. I don't think it was worth the money. If WW at home were available that might be worth checking out. I have all the stuff b/c I did join the meetings, which I LOVED!!! But I just didn't have time. I joined again once I became a SAHM, then found I was preg. again a week later. I stopped going then. Lucky for me I only gained 14 lbs with my son and had lost all of that and then some by the time he was two weeks old. Anyway, I have all the stuff, I made myself my own journal on my pc, different from WW but it gives me what I need to see and I can change it to meet my needs. I follow the Flex plan on my own and so far I have lost 14lbs. It's working for me and not costing me a dime.

Hope this helps
Old 11-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

I am very computer literate too and had problems at first but that was operator error. As for the adjusting of your starting weight all you needed to do was advise tech support and they would have adjusted it but you would have lost everything you had in the system. If you wanted to start with a totally different weight all you needed to do was re-register with a new user name.

A friend of mine had problems which were not related to W/W site and software with her journals not staying....it was an error in her browser.

The recipe builder is a POS. It caps the fiber at 4 for the entire recipe and not per serving. I checked this on several occasions...one recipe is 110 cal/2 fat/8 fiber per cup and it told me that the points per serving was 6. I don't trust it but if you are doing recipes with not a lot of fiber it will work fine.

I love the online stuff but I also belong to meetings and get all the hard materials for when I travel. Many places are still doing specials (mine is 1/2 off) and after the 1st of the year many places will run even better specials (mine is never more than 1/2 off but some places is free registration just the weekly meeting fee) and you could pay that and purchase the Food Companions and Dining Out Companions and not go back. Some places will let you come in and purchase even if you aren't a member but some places like mine will not let you buy unless you are a member.
Closed Thread