Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-20-2004, 09:07 AM   #1  
Giving it a try (again)

Default Anne's Christmas Challenge

My challenge is to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. I am doing it by counting WW points and running four times a week, walking twice and resting one day.

Goal #1 is to weigh 140 by Dec 23, 2004
Goal #2 is to run the 10K Resolution Run on Dec 31, 2004

I am going to journal my workouts here.
fannie~annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #2  
Giving it a try (again)

October 20, 2004 - Ran 5K in 33min 4APs
Old 10-21-2004, 01:35 PM   #3  

HI I will take the challange.
I will take off 5 more pounds 145
I will increase my speed from a 68min 10K to a 60 min 10K by Dec. 31
Tanya
2cutekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #4  
Giving it a try (again)

WOW that is an amazing time for the 10K!!! I am going to do my first 8K on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm planning to run the Resolution Run here in Ottawa on Dec 31st. It's a 10K.

Today I did a 50 min power walk earning 3APs. At one point I really wanted to break into a run... but that would look silly since i was wearing my office clothes (and my white runners LOL).
Old 10-22-2004, 11:45 AM   #5  
Giving it a try (again)

I'm going to run for 40mins today... twenty minutes out and twenty minutes back... Not sure how far that will take me but I guess I'll find out.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:06 PM   #6  
Giving it a try (again)

It turned out to be a 46 min run but it felt amazing. I went really really slow, but it didn't hurt at all! I could have gone for longer. I have no idea how far I actually went it may only have been 6K or so but the main point is that it felt good.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I'll join this challenge to lose 20 lbs by xmas! I want to exercise 6 days cardio 4 days weight training. Nice to meet you Anne!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:18 PM   #8  

Way to go on the run Frannie. I am glad to hear that it was a good one. It makes it hard if you didn't injoy it.
YOu know for me if I run outside with someone we can to a 10K in 1 hour but if I am on the treadmill it is much longer. I guess the running with people sure does help.running partener? I know the group that I was with in the morning the guy had a new thing that he would wear and it had the globe tracker and some days we sure could do great time.
Keep up your great work
Tanya
Old 10-25-2004, 08:11 AM   #9  
Giving it a try (again)

Good morning!

Well so far so good. The weekend was pretty painless except for a little incident with cookie dough! But I was still within my points so all is still well.

Last night I went for an 8K run with my running buddy and we did it in 1:08. Not bad for our first time going that far. We could have easily done 10k maybe for next week we'll map something out.

Today it'll probably be a 5K.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #10  
Running Babe

I'll join the challenge too!

I want to do at least 4 days of hard cardio (aka running... 4 days is realistic with my managing 2 jobs), my wish would to wilt my body below my WW goal of 155. I am not too far now anyway, but my WL is slooooooooowing down... that's okay though.

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:45 AM   #11  
Giving it a try (again)

Christmas Challenge Update

Ali - I run four days a week, and power walk on the off days. Although I am tempted to run on those days too! On Saturday I rest...

MichelleRae - How have your workouts been going? Have you been sticking to your goal?

Tanya - How have the 10K runs been going? I'm going to try my first 10K on Sunday. I can't wait. I ran my first 8K last Sun in 68 min but I wasn't tired...

The Christmas challenge is ultimately to lose 2 lbs a week between now and Christmas. I started 10 weeks befor Christmas so that works out to 20 lbs. I weigh in every Friday morning (before the weekend!). I made a resolution to myself that I am going to get SOME kind of cardio (fat burning) activity six days a week. Four of those days will be running. I am determined to lose this weight! I have gained so much that my clothing won't fit anymore! Being on a low budget, that leaves me in a very tight situation
Old 10-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #12  

HI everyone well I did my 10K run yesterday and was able to shave 2 min off. So I am now down to 66min. I think that I will stay here for a whlie and try for a shave in a couple of weeks.
Annie I am not sure if you have hear not to increase your length more that 10% a week. I know that if you still feel that you can go but later you my regret it. I have heard of many people that have knee and feet problems from increaseing too fast. But Keep up your great work You are doing so well.
Tanya
Old 10-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #13  
Giving it a try (again)

Good morning !

Yesterday I ran 5.6K in 39 min which is 5 min faster than last week. I'm happy with that and it was a comfortable pace.

I'm going to run it again today and I figure I'll have about the same time.

The rest of the diet is going well, I've been sticking to my points for almost two weeks. This is my longest stretch so far. I hope that it will slowly become second nature... It doesn't seem so hard this time for some reason. I find with running, it makes me feel healthier, and I want to eat properly and take care of myself. I can't explain, but it feels like more of a lifestyle change than just a diet. I guess it finally 'clicked' in my brain! I finally understand what it all means. How profound
Old 10-27-2004, 08:19 AM   #14  
Running Babe

Anne: Points do become second nature after a while. I have been doing them for four years and still count them all the time and keep a tally in my head. My points this week haven't been the greatest, but today is the start of my new week... I have TOM starting too which is making me bloated grrr... lots of water hehehe. Congrats on the run. I am doing 6KMs tomorrow using 10s and 1s and then 3k on my lunch break tomorrow and then a 7K on saturday with my running group. I find exercising can be great motivation for eating healthy. I hate running and feeling bloated and stuffed from the night before.

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

just a question for some of us who aren't good with distance....how far is a km....or 10k...etc...what is the conversion to miles? Just curious!! Keep up the good work!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote