South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #1  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Default What's for dinner?

I am trying to get some new and fun ideas for DH and I, so what are YOU fixing for dinner??

Lauren
Old 10-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #2  

Pork tenderloin, turnip greens and green beans for tonight

Last night was eggplant parmesan with whole wheat spaghetti
Night before was grilled catfish, brussel sprouts and broccoli
Tomorrow is pita pizzas with canadian bacon, mushrooms and onions

I like to cook lots of different things. Later this week our meals are like:
salmon with chinese five spice and spinach
Hearty Bean and Pasta Soup
Neptune Casserole (scallops with zucchini, tomatoes, and lots of other veggies)
Ham jambalaya
Old 10-18-2004, 06:04 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

I think I might make the brooccoli cheese custard thingy but add chicken so it more like a meal. Salad on the side.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:22 PM   #4  

Roast pork (on a rack in the oven, fat removed - baked really) with steamed veges.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:57 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I had Grilled Salmon on a bed of mixed greens and a side of steamed veggies (red pepper, broccoli, water chestnuts, snow peas).
Old 10-18-2004, 11:59 PM   #6  

We are going to be having an asian vegie stirfry with a baked fish parcel with garlic, ginger and a little soy.. We are in Phase 1
Old 10-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #7  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Wow! You are all like gourmets! Especially you, Barb! These are great ideas.

After I absolutely could NOT cut open the spaghetti squash and gave up, we had chicken breasts, broccoli with melted cheese and ceasar salad. Still on the booring side! But, I also made the eggs cups to have for b-fast this week.

Lauren
Old 10-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tonight:
Baked Atlantic Salmon
Spinach with pine nuts
Broiled tomato with Pesto
Brown rice Pilaf for Harry
Vanilla youghurt with blackberries or my raspberries if there are any left
Old 10-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #9  

So, last night was my first night and I cooked my dinner and as the evening winded down, I went upstairs to read a book. A few hours later, my stomach was growling and I was like, "Shut up!" So, I contemplated eating some of that fat-free jello but I was also contemplating the ricotta dessert thing that the book says to eat.

Ok, so honestly, I didn't want to try it. I've had so many cottage cheese concoctions (on BFL) that were just gross or really really not dessert - just a bad imitation of it. So, I whipped up the Lemon Zest Riccota recipe and squinched my face up to take the first bite.

OMG! This stuff is goooood! I mean REALLY good. Holy poop! So, I found out yesterday I have to bring a birthday cake to my writer's club meeting on wednesday and I was really nervous I wouldn't be able to resist. One of the other members in the group is diabetic so I'm just going to bring the cake and two of these things for myself and the diabetic. Yay!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #10  

Turkey kielbasa, sauerkraut, steamed broccoli, and some salad of some sort. Yes, it's what I was making last night- but then my roommates took me out to dinner for passing the bar. I tried to be good ordering grilled fish but I also had too many carbs. Also, the waiter gave brought a flourless chocolate waffle as a congrats. Slightly postponed by starting phase one again. But I'm ontrack for today. [munching tuna salad]
Old 10-19-2004, 03:08 PM   #11  

Tonight will be sirloin steak with mesclan salad mix, oven roasted capsicum, sun dried tomatoes and baby roma tomatoes. Loving this warm weather - looking forward to summer!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:03 AM   #12  

I had to brag. I have a fantastic farmers market that sells huge hunks of sushi grade ahi for $5. I also picked up a ton of veggies, including fresh cucumbers.

We started with Miso Soup.
Then, had Hawaiian Poke (minus the macadamian nuts) http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._19228,00.html
Accompanied by the Kyrui Su that I found on our recipe board under Phase I side dishes.

We even ate with chopsticks! Yum!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #13  

Mmmm, Goddess Jessica, you are inspiring me to greater culinary challenges! But not tonight.

Friday is pizza night, so I make whole grain dough in my breadmaker and then top with sf tomato and lf mozzarella, a bit of cdn bacon and then TONS of veggies and herbs (on my dh's and my side of the pizza - it looks like everything has drifted because the kids don't like much of the veggies on their pizza). Mmm. That and a glass of wine make Fridays special (although ds complains 'why are there FLECKS in EVERYTHING????!)

Bon appetit!
Old 10-25-2004, 05:55 AM   #14  

My Dh and Son are eating spaghetti and meatballs, but I am restarting phase one so I am making a salad with tuna.

Tomorrow is rosemary chicken and greeen beans.
Closed Thread