Old 10-17-2004, 09:23 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Oct. 17th**

Hi All,

Only weeks until Halloween...and the end of the Halloween challenge!! Less then 2 weeks til we go to San Fransisco!! Time sure flies, I cannot believe the wedding is almost here!

We went to my mom's yesterday to start cleaning, but her tenant didn't leave until mid-afternoon. I did the walk-through to check the place out for her, and sent him on his way. He was a good guy, kept the place nice, but after two male tenants, the place definitely needs a little painting and a lot of cleaning. Mom's gonna have a service come in and clean the place I think, then we can touch up paint where we need to. DH spent the day cleaning out the brush behind the garage so that we can put our shed there.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:02 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Not much going on here today. We are just sorta vegging out.

Lauren: It's hard to believe that Oct is already halfway over. When are you guys going to move? The pictures of Peter are adorable. We are going punkin pickin on Wednesday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:29 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!Wow..Peter is growing up!!!
Kaylee is doing much better..She is scheduled for surgery Nov 3 and then we have to have a hearing test done..Her Right ear is really bad...She is having adenoidectomy, sinus irrigation removal and reinsertion of the tubes...I am praying that this will be the answer!!!She is soo funny..Pooping and peeing on the potty and doing great with it!! I am proud!!!Ok my goal is to have both in panties by the end of the year!!!
Gott a run..time to read!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, that's awesome that she's going on the potty!! Peter will sit on his, but he doesn't go in it yet. As much as I'd love to have him trained by 2, I'm sure throwing a new baby into the mix isn't gonna make it easy, so I'm not gonna start pushing until after the baby is born and he's settled into the fact that it's not just him! Besides, he's not that interested in it anyway, he'd rather sit in it...unless he's soaked through at night.

I sure hope this surgery solves all her problems. Poor little thing deserves a break!

Karen, thanks! We would love to be out by the end of the month, but this month is soo crazy, and with the SF trip right at the end, it ain't gonna happen! We're shooting for Nov. 15th, but have until the 30th, that's what I told the landlord. Mom's tenant left Sat. afternoon, so now it just needs a good cleaning (mom's having someone come in to do it) and a little touch up paint, and we're set.

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-18-2004, 04:31 PM   #5  

hi all.

Had a great weekend - went to a baby shower for my brother's girlfriend. Nice to visit with family.

Karen - Yeah on the loss!!

Lauren - he looks so big!

RR - hope the surgery does the trick.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

In case you hadn't noticed it yet, please see the new announcement from the Chicks!

New Announcement!

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2004, 03:35 PM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

What's up with everyone?? Kind of slow around here.

I went to water aerobics last night with mom. It was good, but she really worked us. I was pooped because I had a crappy, emotionally draining day at work and my heart just wasn't in it to exercise, but I did it, and that's the important part!

Spent the day home with a sick Peter Tuesday. He had a fever all day. I'm guessing it was a passing virus, but who knows...I guess it could be his 2 yr. molars too?? Haven't had a chance to get in his mouth and look!

Been busy trying to keep up with the house and slowly get things packed for moving. Then there's the Halloween party at the firehouse this weekend and SF next week! ACK...what a crazy month!

Old 10-21-2004, 09:48 PM   #8  

Hi all,

Just a quickie...

We have been really busy with the MOMS Club this week. Being co-president has really gotten me more involved. I'm thinking of becoming a Big Sister which will be even more to do.

Lauren: Yeah on exercising. I gotta get my lazy butt in gear.

Hope you are all having a great week.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:40 PM   #9  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Hi all! Sorry I wasn't around too much in the last week. Had to go on a business trip.....whew I hate those! They are hinting at work that there are a lot more to come. Me so sad. At least the hotel they put me up in is really beautiful. I had my own canopy bed and fireplace. I don't like travelling for work, but every once in a while it is nice to have some alone time.

Getting exercise bike in 3 days a week now with my physio. Physio is working, I actually don't have pain in my foot 24/7 anymore...now just briefly in the morning. Also, got weighed today. 3lbs gone so far. NEAT!

If you don't hear much from me this week, I'm doing some studying for an exam I've been putting off. Trying to get back at hitting the books. Studying is so boring!

Lauren: Good idea on the cleaning service. For a one time shot they are not quite as expensive as a lot of people think, at least compared to the work you would face doing it yourself! I plan on using one the next time I move...I just hate washing walls.

RR: Best of luck with the surgery. I hope it is the answer the poor little dear needs!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Jodee, CONGRATS on the 3 lbs.!! I agree on the cleaning service...sure, I'd love to have someone come and clean my house every week, but I'm not wealthy! Mom is paying for it anyway...nice of her. We've got to get our apt. cleaned out and the carpets washed when we move though...it's showing the 3 yrs. we've been there. Good luck studying! What are you studying?

Karen, Good for you getting more involved! It's probably just what you need, right? My SIL is a Big Sister up in Boston. I think it's really been good for her, she's my age, but has a bit of a wild streak...this is the one that cashed in her 401K to travel around the world 2 months before my wedding!!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:05 PM   #11  

Hi guys,

DH is in a wedding tomorrow and we have been busy with getting stuff done and ready for the past two nights. Tonight was the rehearsal dinner. When we got home the cat had thrown up. DH was complaining saying she did it on purpose and was mad at her. I told him she didn't do it on purpose any more than the dog did. He was still complaining saying the dog didn't do it every day. Guess what happened. Yep. The dog hurled BIG time. Super BIG time. I made him clean it up since he was ranting so much about the dog not doing it on purpose.

Jodee: Yeah on the three pounds. That's terrific. Good luck on the test.

Lauren: I'm sorry. I meant a big sister for the MOMS Club!! I tried to be that kind of Big Sister when I lived in Memphis and they wouldn't let me. I can't remember now why. I'm thinking that maybe it was because I hadn't lived there long enough.

I hope everyone is having a super great day!
Old 10-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #12  

hi all. Warm weekend here. I had to turn the AC back on. I could stand it just a little cooler.

Jodee - hooray for the wonderful loss.

Karen - what is a big sister for your mom's club?

gotta run - have a great weekend - GO CARDINALS.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:04 AM   #13  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Thanks for all the congrats fellow Chicks!

Lauren: I agree, a weekly cleaning would add up $$! It would be the kind of thing you only do when you move. Although having my own personal maid sounds appealing, maybe some day when I'm rich. lol. I'm studying for my A+ Certification exams. An A+ Certification is for Computer Hardware and Operating System troubleshooting and repair. There is so much to remember!

Karen: Poor kitty! Actually, my cat pukes a lot. Probably at least once a week. It's all those hairballs.....my poor carpet, lol!

Rabbit: How nice to have warm weather, enjoy! I'm buried in snow right now, lol.
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote