South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #1  

Default Had a "decadent" dessert on Saturday

It was sis's birthday so we went out and I decided that I would have some choco cake, ice cream, hot fudge, etc. etc. dessert with her. But I could only eat a few bites of it. It was just too sweet. Then Sunday DH decided he wanted something sweet so he went to a restaurant and brought home a huge slab of choco cake. Again, after about 2 bites I just couldn't stomach it. It amazes me cause I used to be able to wolf down something like that in a matter of a few minutes.

Southbeach is amazing................
Old 10-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good for you! Wish I would have done the same with the pc of choco pie I had on Fri.! I ate the whole thing!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #3  

LOL - I really wanted to - it's been a long time since I had a treat like that and I was really looking forward to it. But it's just not in me anymore, I guess. Now, I bet if I tried each day for a week I'd be able to eat a whole pie by the end of that week. But just having something all yummy like that now and then really makes it almost too sweet. It hurt my teeth!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:35 AM   #4  

I wish it had that effect on me. Was at a wedding this weekend- hello sugar and alcohol express train! Next stop thigh junction. Sigh. Maybe I'll actually get to work out today, then I'll start to feel better.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I've found that I'm satisifed with a lot less of the "less then good things" like cheesecake. In the past if I was offered cheesecake or a rich dessert, I'd be getting a big piece with extra topping. Now, I'll get half a piece and try to share it with someone, or I'll tell my husband to get some and I'll eat a couple bites off his plate.

I've also lost my taste for certain things, like cookies and poptarts. They have to be really good for me to eat them now. It seems that taste like sweet flour, not worth the calories to eat. I've even started throwing food away (gasp! don't tell my depression era mother, she'd have a heart attack) if I don't love the taste of it.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

We did the wedding thing this weekend, also. I ate completely OP (actually gave DH instructions ahead of time that I was to eat no bread, no sauces on anything and no potato but I would have dessert and should he seeming me indulging, he was to say something). Sooo, having decided to have dessert, I did indulge in 3 small desserts, but that was all. I enjoyed them while I had them, but knew that I would need to get back on track on Sunday. When I weighed on Monday morning, I was down an extra pound over the weekend.

I find that I can indulge in a few odd treats and still stay on track with the eating program ...provided I plan the detour into the off program foods before I get there. I also find that, if I say I am going to stay strictly OP when I am at events like that, the temptations are too great when I get there, that I tend to binge eat, have guilt feelings afterwards along with difficulty getting back on the program.

Sometimes the plan to be bad is better than trying to be good all the time.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Sweet tooth,
That is so right, if I plan an indulgence, I can better handle it. If I try to sneak it in as if no one will notice and it won't count if no one sees it, then I tend to start on the great spiral downward.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:18 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Sometimes the plan to be bad is better than trying to be good all the time.
Dead on, Sweet Tooth!
Closed Thread