Old 10-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 10/11-10/16

Happy Monday Girls & Columbus Day, and for our Canadian girls, Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, it's Monday already. The weekend flew by, like they always do.

Well, I have been straight lazy for the past couple of weeks, I have put in a whole whopping 3 miles for the month of Oct. Enter excuse here: I think it may be because I really need new tennis shoes, and I really need to think about joining back at the gym, it's someithing I really enjoy, it's really getting to cold and dark for me to walk the track at night like usual.

So, I am going to try and work on some of the problems this week. I'm also thinking I may also do what someone else mentioned doing, which is not weigh in the rest of the month, and just weigh in on Oct. 31 and be surprised. Till then, I"m going to kick some booty. (sorry, I don't remember who said that originally) Great idea though.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! I haven't died or anything, nor have I given up... but my computer is out of commission for a little while until I reinstall windows on it, and I just moved so I just don't have a lot of time. I'm on the computer at work right now but I have little time to do my own thing.

ANYWAY I am doing fine and keeping at it, although it is moving slowly. I expected that, of course, but now I am only about 16 pounds from my goal. I almost don't want to lose more because my pants won't fit anymore, and I don't really have extra money to buy new clothes, lol!

I will try to be around more often!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

Ugh....I have been doing horribly....it's like out of no where I've been picking up some of my old bad habits. I've been coming home and eating late at night, and I'm not even hungry. My schedule has been crazy and I just don't know how I can get back on track. I know stress is a major problem for me and everytime things get stressful I trun to food...sounds silly, but I guess it's better to just say it and deal with it....
Old 10-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #4  
pull out some hope for me

hey everyone! just jumping in here.

i guess today would be considered day 1 for me, since today is the day i've been counting cals and the such... yesterday i made a recipe that i took off of this website called "Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Bake". (i'm european). it's in the lowfat section. i thought it was pretty yummy, and so did my mom. every chance i get i am going to make something new and low-fat. i made a trip up to barnes and noble yesterday and just browsed to see if i could find some low-fat books but nothing really caught my eye. i hope to make an in-depth look next week, really dig my hands in there. maybe i will find something, with recipes i'll actually cook!

for the girls who are having a hard time at the moment, i'm rooting for ya!! you can so do this!
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:44 PM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

Amaya you go girl! You have a great positive attitude! Good luck to you in your journey!

WTG, on starting the gobble challenge...I'll be joining...i am going no where on my halloween challenge....it doesnt' hurt to keep on trying,..I'm no quitter.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Its great to see new faces! It is so motivating to have people excited about losing weight around. It helps to keep me going when my excitement is slipping or I am not making progress. Thanks everyone.

Amaya-Good job on the cooking that is something I really enjoy doing as well when I get the time.

AstonVilla- Hang in there.

Spill- At least you recoginize that your habits are slipping that is the first step in stopping the cycle! You can make it.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:28 AM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

so... I was thinking and I have a question (that always happens when I think, lol). How do I know when I'm not "fat" anymore? I mean, do I go by my BMI, my clothes size, my weight, my measurements? It is sort of a hypothetical question, of course, I am just wondering how you guys define these things. It hard to figure out what my ideal weight is.

I guess that I sort of wonder what people think when they look at me. I know of course that I am only supposed to care about how I feel about myself and blah blah blah but of course I can't be that way 100% of the time. It is hard to have an accurate body image.

Does anyone have any comments on any of this rambling? Does it even make SENSE? lol.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #8  

Tanny - I often wonder that as well. I mean I've lost like 40 pounds and I look tons better... but am I still fat? I used to think.. well I am still not at my ideal weight if I am not happy with myself. But I don't think thats true anymore. I think that my body will tell me when I reach my ideal weight. So when I am doing everything right and the scale and measurements don't budge.. then I think thats probably the best I will do and is my ideal weight for myself. Of course I haven't reached that point.. so who knows.

I also wonder if people think I am still fat. It really varies from person to person.. so I don't think that you will get a concrete answer. And I know we are only supposed to care how we feeel about ourselves, but it is human nature to consider what others think into that mix.
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

I think that is a great question Tanny. I often wonder the same thing. I haven't lost much weight yet but I always am wondering what weight I should consider as my ideal. Its nice to know someone else is having the same thoughts.

One thing I find myself doing is looking for other people that have the same height and body shape as me and trying to decide what I think they look like. Or looking for someone my height that looks good and trying to decide what size that is.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:54 AM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

Weird....but I'm with you guys, I have wondered the same thing....

Tonic: what a great answer!

Skinnyjeans: I've done the same thing...look at others for a comparison.

Hey Everyone, have a great rest of the day!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #11  

What a great question!

I do the same thing that Skinnyjeans does, but I think that I will feel "not fat" once I can buy and wear the clothes I want. I know that I will never be very thin, I would look silly being so tall, but I believe that I will be comfortable and happy when I can look at pictures of myself and think "wow, my body looks as good as my smile."

Until then, keep going, we'll get there!
pinksandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:59 PM   #12  

The only problem I have with comparing myself to others.. is that when I look in the mirror I see some very different then what others see and what I see in pictures of myself.. therefore I can't fairly compare myself to others. Does this make any sense? Its like I have a warped perception of my body. My thighs are twice as big as they really are, my arms are bigger then I think, etc.

Hmm..
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:28 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

Happy Friday!

I am so happy it's friday. I finally have some extra cash to go spend on myself. Unfortunately, I wish I had eaten better this week, so things will fit better when trying things on tomm. I'm looking forward to getting some new tennis shoes 2!!!! Tonight will be my last spin in my faithful addidas.

Tonic: I understand what you are saying...I think the same. I have a warped sense of perception of myself as well, I'm sure some low self esteem plays a part for me in it all.