Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 12:28 AM   #1  

Default What do you like to use salt on????

I rarely use salt. But I just love salt on grilled potatoes. I zap the potatoes in the microwave, split in two, spray with olive oil and then I sprinkle on salt and garlic powder. The go on the grill for 10 minutes.
I just love potatoes this way. The only problem is my mouth is dry for hours afterwards. I hate salt on 99% of food, but for some reason, I like it with potatoes. Weird.
Now I am drinking glass after glass of water. But the back of my throat is still dry. I am beginning to think its all in my head.

What does everyone else like to salt? Just curious.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Why not try a bit less 'garlic salt' instead of the 2 different spices. The only thing I really put it on is french fries and now I have been using Kosher (larger grain than table) and I see it much easier and don't need that much anymore.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm not a big salt eater either. Like I never put it on veggies and such. But if I'm having fried eggs (in pam) I'll salt them when they are done. So some thing I add a little but mostly I don't. My mother has really high blood pressure so growing up salt didn't exist in our house so it's not normal for me to use it. DH on the other hand is a different story, lol.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:57 PM   #4  
Kathy from Vermont

I use salt mostly only on eggs. A lot of the time I use other seasonings on meat (mostly Cajun) which probably has some salt in it. The only veggies I use it on is celery. Growing up we too never used a lot of salt because of 1 parent with blood pressure problems.

Kathy
Old 10-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Eggs and cottage cheese.
Closed Thread