Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 10:47 AM   #1  
Blondie34

Question

My husband is retired so he likes to eat ouy. We have been going yo a Chinese buffet, I watchh my points and on the first gfew weigh in's I lost weight, but then it was only 1 lb a week or nothing. So I said I wouldn't go anymore this week it looked like I lost 4 lbs.on my scale yesterday we went again I really watched only had white rice veggies shrimp and fresh fruit.This morning I got on the scale and 2 of the lbs. came back on. There must be a lot of sodium in there food. Anyone know ? I get weighed on Tues. I hope it comes off by then. Thanks

Old 04-29-2001, 11:28 AM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

there is tons of sodium in chinese food!! Drink lots and lots of water!!
How is the food you are eating cooked? Ask them.. that is probably also a big difference.

Dana
Old 04-29-2001, 12:43 PM   #3  

The one food item I stayed away from through my 19 month struggle to lose my 46 pounds is Chinese food because I really love it. This past Friday night, I decided to have some since I had been eating at the lowest points all week. I had a little bit of General Tso's chicken, some chow mei fun noodles, and l/3 of an egg roll. The next morning I was up 2 pounds. It seems that Chinese food has to remain a red light food for me. Too bad as I really missed it.
Old 04-30-2001, 10:00 AM   #4  
Parrothead

Default Try making it yourself

Hi there! I am also a huge Chinese food fan. One thing that has helped me is buying a Wok and a chinese cookbook. In most of the recipies you can omit over half of the oil if you use a non-stick Wok or a seasoned Wok. You can also use low sodium soy sauce and omit a lot of the salt. The authentic chinese cooking has little prep time and cooks up really fast. Throw in some white or brown rice and the meal is really filling. Most meals take less than 45 min. to prepare and cook (take out isn't this fast)! This is an excellent way to get more veggies also! Good luck!
Old 04-30-2001, 10:31 AM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

According to points, I can have steamed dumplings and steamed shrimp and vegetables over rice and fit it into my WW eating plan. However, I always gain two pounds of water weight because of the high sodium in Chinese food. I do eat it less now because I hate to do well all week and see a weight gain, even though it's just water. Since I weigh in on a Wednesday, I'll have Chinese food on a Friday or Saturday and the water retention will be gone by Wed. I just have to remember to stay off the scale in the meantime so I don't get disappointed by the higher numbers.
Good luck. Hope this helps.
Old 04-30-2001, 10:55 PM   #6  
Blondie34

Thanks that does help. I was gaining 2 lbs also and after working hard all week I didn't want to blow it I get weighed tomorrow I think I will hit my 10%. I do on my scale. My husband loves Chinese food so I'll give it a try and go 1 or 2 days after I weigh in Thanks for the advice I hate to deprive my husband because I am watching but he has to watch his salt intake so I told him about the salt and we will probably only go 1 or 2 times a month

Closed Thread