Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-03-2004, 12:57 AM   #1  

Default Walk Away the Pounds

At this point, most of my exercise is done on a treadmill but on days where I want something a bit less intense, I've been doing WATP...I was wondering which one you all find the most challenging? I've been doing the 3 Mile walk and then today I did the 2 Mile Express walk...any other recommendations would be great!

Thanks!
NewWayOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

No comparison...The 4 Mile Super Challenge.

They're all pretty much the same, it's just that some go longer than the others. Even though the 1 mile is much shorter, it seems like they bump up the pace. So for a real challenge, do the 1 mile...4 times. LOL

I also do them in front of a mirror so that I can make sure I don't drop off on my intensity. It helps me to see that I am lifting my knee or doing the kicks to the fullest reach and not slacking.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:55 PM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I'd agree that the 4-mile Challenge is awesome -- for me, though, it's a toss-up between that one and the 2-mile Sculpt and Burn workout with the Walkblaster ramp. It's one of three workouts in her newest Walkblaster series, which utilizes a ramp that allows you to raise your heart rate further and work the glutes and hamstrings harder. It's the same principle as the stepper, but easier on the knees. You have very intense cardio blasts combined with squats, lunges, and more. I love it.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:16 PM   #4  

Sarah,
You got your Walkblaster already???? Oh tell me more about it. I ordered mine on 9/10 but I'm in CA so I haven't received mine yet. Are the workouts like her other ones and set up as 1, 2 and 3 mile walks? I am so excited to get mine. What part of the country are you in?
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

Hey there, Rose! I'm in Maryland -- I know that she's in PA, but I'm not sure where Good Times is. I'm pretty excited -- I just wish I could compare my impressions with someone else's -- I don't know of ANYONE else who's received their's yet. I'm excited that you even know what I'm talking about!

There are 3 DVD's, each with a different kind of workout (different focus.) Each of the workouts is 37 minutes long, and they have the ball which tells you when you've hit one mile (half-way, according to my pedometer.) I was missing one of the DVD's, so I called today and the Customer Service person couldn't have been more gracious. She's sending a DVD out to me and I should get it in a week or a week and a half.

The workouts seem to have slightly better production, and the Ramp (Walkblaster) really helps to emphasize the glutes and hams much more than her other workouts. I really, really liked it! She incorporates squats and lunges utilizing the ramp, and there's lots of fun mambo action on and off the ramp. Her direction is good and you get enough notice before having to do something new. I don't wear a heart rate monitor, but I'm sure my heart rate was elevated a bit higher than with the WATP workouts.

Yesterday I did one of the Walkblaster routines (with 6 lb. weights) in the morning, then a half mile outside with my dog later on, and then before dinner I did the 3-mile WATP walk with weights. My thighs are hurting today!! I'll try to walk it off tonight though.....

You ordered it 9/10? Hmmm....I'm trying to think of when I ordered mine. I think I ordered it a few days after the infomercial aired. I didn't see it, but I heard about it and that's what prompted my order.

I can't wait to hear what you think of it! I'm definitely going to get one of Gin Miller's Ramp workouts.....she released this product a while back and already has a few workouts available. It's exactly the same ramp -- same brand same spec's, etc. And I've heard she's good too.

Where are you in CA? I lived in SF for a few years and loved it!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:00 AM   #6  

Thanks for your responses! Okay, the Walkblaster sounds so cool...I just looked it up and I want to get it.....I really enjoy doing WATP...I also use a treadmill but it's a good change...shakes things up a bit!

Have any of you ever tried Leslie Sansone's Pilates and/or Yoga?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 AM   #7  
I climb mountains!

I haven't tried her pilates or yoga, but I'm just about to try out the Gaia Pilates for Weight Loss DVD. It's supposed to be really good, and I've heard that there are 3 demonstrators of different levels of ability to show you modified moves so you have help as you're progressing and developing. I'm going to try that out this weekend.

You should check out Collage Video; you can see 60-second spots of videos, they personally try out and review all workouts, and there are terrific, informed customer reviews as well. That way you could view a tiny bit of, and hear others experiences with, her pilates and yoga videos before buying them.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:30 PM   #8  

Hey Sarah,
Still no Walkblaster! I'm hoping to get it sometime this week. Thanks so much for telling me about the system. It sounds great! I have so many Leslie workouts it's ridiculous and when I saw her come out with a Ramp I just couldn't resist. I have been leary about ordering from Goodtimes because I've heard their customer service isn't the best but it seems like they have gotten better. I will let you know as soon as I get mine. The Sculpt and Burn is supposed to be the best! A real good workout. It's the third one in the series. I plan on getting some of Gin's workouts too. I have to make sure I can do the Ramp with Leslie first though:dizzy! Keep me posted on these and I'll let you know when I get mine!

NewWayOfLife- I have a link for the Walkblaster with a discount if you want to check it out http://www.walkblaster.com/club/club...4ED8DDDg8dQF9Q I hope this link works. Let me know if it doesn't.

Well I need to get back to work. I'll check back later.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:28 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

Wow Rose, I wish I'd seen that offer before I ordered mine! (Although I don't know where she's getting that $89.95 full price number.) I do know that without that offer, there are two prices available -- and both from Leslie herself. On one site she sells it for 2 payments of 29.95 + s&h, and on another for 3 payments of 29.95 + s&h. I paid the former, so it was still a full 20 bucks more than your offer. Ah, so I guess that $89.95 is from the 3 payments price. A little creative marketing there.

I knew the price would come down with time, and also that it would eventually be possible to buy just the components -- all I wanted was the ramp and the DVD's, nothing else. But I wanted it NOW so I ponied up!

I like the Sculpt and Burn a lot -- fun, and tough. And you definitely feel it afterwards. Good stuff -- I LOVED IT!. I hope you get yours soon, and I really look forward to sharing impressions with you! There's one chick in it who's pretty amusing (or annoying, depending on your outlook on life ) I'll let you figure out who I'm referring to when you get it.

I think if you can do the 3 mile or more you'll be just fine with the ramp.......truly. It's a good workout don't get me wrong, but it's not like jumping into a kickboxing routine or level 3 pilates! You'll be fine.....can't wait to hear!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:31 PM   #10  

I have used the regular 3-DVD one and I really liked it. I think I may look into the other ones as well.
HoneyGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:43 PM   #11  

Oh wow, that is a great price...I'm SOOO tempted.....Oh, I'll have to think about it...I broke down and decided to get the 3 pack Abs, Pilates and Yoga DVD's..I ordered them online so I don't have them yet...I'm kind of excited...I'm also thinking of getting the 4 mile DVD..maybe I should get this instead! Decisions!!!!

Do you guys just do the WATP or do you do other things as well? I'm VERY new to Aerobic type workouts and I'm so scared they aren't doing anything...I guess I just need some positve reinforcement regarding them! As I said in my original post, I still walk on the treadmill but I'm so excited to have something else to do!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:09 AM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I change stuff around NewWay. I might ride my bike and take in a walk one day, jog the next, then do a WATP or dance aerobics video the next. Or sometimes I'll do a 1 or 2 mile WATP and ride my bike or run 1 or 2 miles the same day. Plus, I do a bit of weights, some stretching, situps, leglifts and such on a daily basis.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #13  

Sarah,
Still no Walkblaster! I'm getting impatient but I guess it's because I'm all the way in CA. Maybe I will get it today! That would be so great. I have this Monday off for Columbus Day so I could spend it experimenting with the Ramp! I belong to Leslie's website group so that's why I got the email with the discount for the reduced price. I saw the infomercial one had it for 3 payments of $29.95 which I thought was outrageous. I might have paid the 2 pays of $29.95 but 3 is a little steep. I hope I get mine today!

Newway-I primarily use Leslie for my workouts but I do use other workout videos and I also own an Orbitrek (newly purchased) elliptical that I use a couple times of week. I also make sure to get some toning in. You might want to get Leslie's 10 minute Tone-up. I think this is only on VHS right now but it really does work. I have her short cut abs workout too but I prefer the 10 minute tone-up. I can use this one almost every day. The four mile express walk is one of my favorite Leslie workouts. It is fast paced and when I use this one a couple times a week I get results. I also have allot of workouts that are just 10 minutes long, like the Quick Fix series and Chris Freytag's Motivating Bodies Move to Lose workouts. These are good too and I believe collage and Deep Discount DVD sells these as well. Just some ideas for you!
Old 10-07-2004, 04:33 PM   #14  
I climb mountains!

Aw, Rose, I'm sure it will come soon! I'm sorry you're forced to wait.....it's difficult when you know it's out there and yet you're still waiting!

Newwayoflife, I mix it up. As far as tapes, I do Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds 1-3 mile, the 4-mile Challenge, and the Walkblaster (ramp) workouts -- all with 6 lb. weights; I'm just about to begin to use the Gaia Pilates for Weight Loss DVD also. I also do HIIT (high intensity interval training) on my exercise bike, and that's just what it says -- intense! I also have a treadmill, which I use occasionally. I have a CrossBow (like a Bowflex) and I use that in combination with free weights for weight training.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #15  

Sarah,
I got my Walkblaster last night! I wasn't feeling well though so I didn't look at it or do it yet but I will this weekend for sure. I'm so glad it finally came. I can't wait to get started!