Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-30-2004, 10:44 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Hey Jif - You're more helpful than you knew!

Hi Jiffypoo -
I just want you to know that all your advice is more helpful than you ever knew. My sweet black lab Ally had to have some surgery yesterday and her dressing just won't stay put. What to do, what to do? So I thought of you and, lo and behold, that sanitary pad suggestion works great on dogs too. You are so darn smart! My vets think I'm kinda wierd, but after paying them $700, I don't give a flying fig.

Your advanced knowledge of femmie (my daughter's word for them!) usage may go down in history!

Your secret admirer,
Chickadeedeedee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:49 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

good grief!!!! who knew??? maybe we can come up with a whole bunch of REAL uses for those things other than the everlasting sick crafts like tampon angels and napkin slippers!!!

so sorry about your dog, though. how is poor ally doing? does she recognize you these days?

my cat had an ISSUE while i was losing weight: she would climb on me when i was lying down [still does, of course!], and would pick a soft spot [they were EVERYWHERE] and start kneading.,

well,m after awhile, there were fewer and fewer soft spots, and she had to reach WAAAAYYYY over my side to reach my still-soft belly...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:10 PM   #3  
Hang In There

How about headbands?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #4  
Lap-Bander

A long time ago, one of my horses had an infection in her eye, and we cut a sanitary pad to fit and taped it right to her eye. It was perfect! They work wonders. A friend of mine had a horrible infection of her open RNY incision and she used sanitary pads too. Maybe we should market new ways to use them?
scarletini is offline   Reply With Quote