Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #1  

Default Friends...

Hello Frugalchick,
Hope you're having a good morning. I got up kind of fluish & bad throat. I'll probably check with the Dr today. With the RA, I have to be careful. I'm on Methotrexate (chemo) & have Remicade intravenous treatments & one is due next Monday.

It's a beautiful day here. After all that uproar with Ivan, it's strange to see such beautiful days now. The calm after the storm, I guess.

Tell me more about yourself. I told a lot in my pm. Since you haven't been married long, I'm probably quite a bit older than you....but, DON'T feel it!!

I'll try to give you an idea who you're talking to. Hope you can do the same. I love to post graphics, but, my site is down right now...I guess you've noticed some empty squares.

Have a good day,
Charlotte
Attached Images
File Type: jpg char2.JPG (4.1 KB, 48 views)
Old 09-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture. Well, I think I have one *somewhere* probably on a disk. When I get a free moment or so, I'll look through my library of disks and find one. I guarantee it'll be about a year old...but, adults don't change that much, so it's not that big of deal.

Actually, I'm 28, so I'm right in between all of your kids I don't mind talking to people older than myself, just like I don't mind talking to people younger. The 'Net is wonderful for getting to know people of all ages (and from all over the world!).

Yup, I've only been married for 7 years, so my husband and I are just starting on our marriage journey. I look forward to growing old with him, though. Sounds sappy, but since both his mom and my mom have been married multiple times (and we both have half/steps siblings) we both took divorce out of the equation when we got married. I think too often people think 'Well, if this doesn't work out, there's always divorce.' Danny and I don't feel that way. Sure, with the BIG stuff, like abuse and infidelity, we support divorce...BUT we both respect each other to where we won't let that happen.

My husband and I are finding ourselves on our own island. Not because we WANT to be there, but because friends and family are non-believers and don't understand our way of life. Blessfully, I work with Christians where I work and my husband works with Christians, as well. Granted, they are what I call casual Christians...but at least my husband and I can talk about God and not get fussed at.

We just got done with Jeanne. God has been gracious. We lost power last night for about 15 minutes, but our house is still in tact. Many people, as I'm sure you saw on the news, aren't that lucky. My prayers continue to be with them.

This should give you a bit to chew on. Look forward to talking to you soon.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:07 PM   #3  

I'm so glad you got through Jeanne ok. Our daughter & family is still cleaning up after Ivan in Southern Alabama. Just got power back yesterday!

I know it isn't easy when there's not other christians around. I've been in your postition...especially in work areas. I thank the Lord for the Christian TV Station I volunteer at. There's so many that I can talk to. Not only the employees, but those that come in & out. Also, our families are now christians. It wasn't always that way, though. Took a lot of praying. Just stay strong. You are still the majority with God!!!

I've been pretty busy lately....didn't mean to ignore you. There are times I post a lot. Then, there's times I have to grab a chance when I can. These are some of those days.

We are kind of starting our life over...concerning...worldly goods. We had a housefire that started from a new Maytag stove in Nov. of 2002. Didn't have enough ins to have it contracted, so having to rebuild on our own. Very little help, from family (??) Anyway, stored what we could clean up & keep in a public storage, only to have someone break in & steal it all! 36 years of marriage....furniture, clothes, sentimental things, etc. Yes, they are only "things". But, to live in this world, we have to have a few things. So, it's been a real struggle. We are living in the middle of the house, & working around the rooms we are in. We put mattresses on the floor, & made a makeshift kitchen in the spare bedroom. This keeps us quite busy, sometimes. I don't know what I would have done without the Lord, & my pc! I just block everything out, sometimes. It got smoked up, but, runs good....so far.

Just a little more about myself. Have a great evening! Talk to you later.
Charlotte
Old 09-29-2004, 07:20 AM   #4  

Cool

Good Heavens, Charlotte! You have been through a lot, haven't you? Did you and your DH have it delievered or did you hook it up yourself? My husband delivers and sets up furniture for a rent to own place and I told him aboutcha. He said he couldn't understand why that would happen, unless the wrong cord was attached...say a dryer cord to a stove. Just an idea. Was it still under warranty? (not that it really matters, I guess. Warranty or not, your kitchen is still ruined )

Do you know how God lets bad things happen and turns them into good? Well, I've been affirmed that recently. We've recently been downgraded from a 3 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom single-wide (that's right, we're fighting these hurricanes in a trailer ) But it's turned out to be a blessing, even though my kids share a room. Sure, the place is MUCH smaller, but bills are easier to manage and that makes stress a lot less. (Incidently, it wasn't until my husband became a Christian that he and I started handling stress well. Before, it was yell, yell, yell So rest assured, through your troubles, you will be blessed

I actually am off work today. So is DH. This is the second day we've been together sans children. The first time was before I was working and we just looked at each other because it was so different to be around each other without the kids demanding our attention. So, needless to say, I am very much looking forward to today.

Don't sweat not getting around to replying to my posts right away. I understand that you do have a life outside your computer--just like me Yesterday was pretty hectic for me! I got off work, went to go get an application from my church (they are hiring a part time secretary--Mon thru Fri from 9 am to 1 pm--and at $8 an hour--AND I can talk about God all I want!) After that, I came home, waited for my son to get off the bus, went and got my daughter, then we had to go to the store and the library. By the time we got home, I didn't have time to go to the Christian book store to pick up the devotionals for the kids. And then it was time to get my husband from work--and I hadn't even made dinner yet!

I wonder if sometimes we're just busy being busy and not really being productive?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #5  

Good morning friend,
I do hope you get that job! That would be great. There's such a difference working around other christians.

I am sorry you had to downgrade on your housing. I've been there, too. But, like you said...the stress relief means a lot. I hope your kids get along well. How many do you have, & are they boys/girls? Over the many yrs of marriage, we've downgraded...upgraded....lost, etc. Life is a whirlwind! We do have a lot of memories, though...& it sure hasn't been boring.

With the Maytag Range...we'd had it about 9 months. It was still under warranty. I found the computer on it saying F1 & called the store. They sent a repairman that admitted he knew nothing about fixing it. After 6 weeks of back & forth & me calling to remind them I had no stove, he replaced the oven sensor. Two days after I used the self-cleaning on the oven....I put sweet potatoes in it to bake. Ten minutes later, the alarm went off. I got to the kitchen & saw the computer had blown out & the fire was behind the range with the whole wall on fire. We live in the country, & the house burned fast. We lost the kitchen & diningroom. Smoke & water damage to the entire house. They went throught the front door with the hoses! The kitchen was in the back. We had to get a lawyer to make the insurance pay us as much as they did (always read your policy carefully!) & to deal with the Maytag Co. & store. We got a little from each, but, still not enough. That's ok. We're going to have a mansion one day!!!!

Well...gotta get ready for work. As you told me...I know you're busy, so just post when you can.
Charlotte
Old 09-30-2004, 07:55 AM   #6  

Can't chat too long this am. I have to take DH and DD to work/school, respectively. I'll be back before I go to work and give ya more info.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:05 PM   #7  

OK, so I didn't get back here after I dropped them off, but I'm here now!

Oh, what a day it's been! But first, to answer your question, I have a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 3. The place we're living now won't suit us for much longer, but right now the kids get along just fine (well, as fine as siblings usually get along! )

Work was unbelievably--weird--today. I could use your prayers. I found out today that my manager was fired for stealing money. As if that weren't bad enough, she was buying drugs with that money! The woman who usually opens will be putting in her two week notice which only leaves me to work the day shift. *sigh*

It's just pretty wild right now. Stressful even. I'm not sure if God is telling me that I need to get out of there now--hence the job at the church opening up--or what. I will pray more on it and ask Him to guide me.

And *just* to put icing on MY cake, I get a call at work from my son's school. Seems he asked a classmate for her ice cream money to show her a trick. Well, the money 'disappeared' but never REAppeared. That is until he bought ice cream for HIMSELF!

Needless to say I had to go down to the school and replace this poor girl's money. As far as what punishment I'm going to give my son, I have no idea. My husband and I will talk and pray about it tonight.

So, that was my day! How was yours?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:42 PM   #8  

Hello friend,

Sorry it's been so long, but I've had major pc problems. It's working good now, though.

You poor dear. I know you didn't want to go to school with your son. Got to admit, it was just a little cute, though. Did the little girl really think it disappeared?

You're going through a lot a work. I'm so sorry. I'm still praying for you. Maybe, by now, you know something about that other job, & will have good news for me.

I have to take Remicade Intravenous treatments for my RA. Had one today. I'm sensitive to it, which is dangerous....so they give me a lot of Benadryl, Zertec, etc during the 2-3 hrs. So......I've got to go sleep the rest of the day away. I'll talk to you later. Hope you have a good week.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #9  

Oh dear. Allergic to the treatment. You poor thing. Thanks for the prayers

I'm sorry you've been having pc problems. That stinks!

I have an interview at the church this Wednesday at 9:30. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:24 AM   #10  

I went to the interview. It lasted 20 minutes. It was more of a preliminary interview type of thing. I feel pretty good about it. We closed in prayer and the pastor asked God for guidance in choosing the right person for the job. So it's in God's hands...literally. And I pray that I get the job...but I also pray for God's will to be done. Because this isn't just a job--this is at MY church and I care about it's welfare.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #11  

You did the right thing, my friend. You have a good attitude about the job. If you don't get this job, then, God has other, & better plans, I'm sure.

Sorry, I've been off awhile. I've had trouble logging in. Then, when I could log in, & read, yesterday....I couldn't reply! Weird........

I was able to read the posts, though. So, I prayed for you.

The weather is rainy, & going to be that way for a few days, looks like. At least it's not like when Ivan came through! We ARE having very chilly nights & mornings now. I dread winter. I never have liked it, but now that I'm old it makes my bones hurt!

If I'm slow about posting for awhile, I'm either having trouble getting in here or I'm working on a project for my children for Christmas. They love looking at the picture albums of our years as a family when they were young. I'm making them all an album with lots, & lots of pictures. They will have pics of mom & dad before & after marriage. Our family life, & then...all their family lives. I thought it would be good, too, in case any of us had another fire. Some of us would have copies of pictures. I came very close to losing them. Was lucky they weren't in the storage building. See....I'm blessed.
So far, looks like this project will get the best of me! They better appreciate this.

Well, gotta go. Have a great weekend. Be sure to let me know how the job goes, as soon as you know.

Old 10-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #12  

I have my front door open because I can't open my windows! It's very mild outside today...Tropical Storm Matthew is heading this way though. I continue to keep FL in my prayers...they have sure been through a lot!

The Christmas projects sound awesome! I'm just trudging through--day after day. Perhaps if I put my focus on something other than tomorrow (and what bills have to be paid), I'd look forward to things?

Rest easy on the cold days ahead, friend.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #13  

Good morning...
Well, it's still raining, & raining...... Oh well.

Have you heard anything yet? I know it's hard to focus on anything else, when you're waiting to hear. Maybe real soon. I hope you get it! How is the job going where you're at? I hope things have settled down, some.

Everyone around here is planning for Halloween. I hate it. I'll be so glad when it's over. I like to see my grands dressed up (if it's not like the devil, or a witch) & collect candy, but the whole idea of it, just doesn't sit right with me. I don't mean to sound fanatic. I really don't tell my opinion, that often. Just try to get through it. One thing, I think, is my daughter's boyfriend was killed in a car wreck on his way to get her for a hayride on Halloween at our church (giving the children something else to do!). Although that was a few years ago, it's a bad memory. We were all very close to him...knew him since he was a little boy.

It's hard to believe the holidays are upon us, already. Time is just flying by! I love Christmas mostly. Just wish I had the money to do what I'd like to.

How are the little ones doing? Tell me a little more about them. I love children. Had 4 (one set of twins)of my own. Then 11 grands.

Well, I'm finding myself just rambling, so I guess I'll go. Let me know something, soon.
Your friend,
Old 10-12-2004, 09:42 AM   #14  

I hope this Tuesday morning finds you well!

No, I haven't heard anything yet. I'm trying really hard to keep it in God's hands (ever notice how hard that is sometimes?) Work is settling some. I actually pulled 27 hrs this past paycheck--praise God! Of course, with that money and the money DH gets on Thursday, we have a mountain of bills to pay (as usual). *sigh* I just trudge through. Although, I get the funny feeling that I don't have all I want because I don't ask. But to be honest, sometimes I think the things I want (meaning those things after a roof over my head and food in my belly) seem frivolous. But yet we are to pray without ceasing for what we want. *sigh* Can you tell I'm new in my walk? I've never walked *this close* to the Father and it's new to me. Add that to the fact that I have taken over the role as Spiritual Leader of my family until my husband feels comfortable resuming the role (which he has assured me that he will when he's ready. I'm just praying that God will give him that gentle *kick*--even if it is stepping out of his comfort zone).

I have a praise to share with you!

My children and my husband are getting baptised this weekend! Not only that, but my step-dad (my mom's ex-husband, really) and my brother will be spending the weekend with us! I just saw my brother in August, but haven't seen my dad since June of LAST year. It'll be great to spend a little time with them--and such a wonderful way, too!

My children are doing very well.

DJ, my oldest (he'll be having a birthday--his 7th--on November 7th). This past week, I attended a ceremony. He received a Terrific Kid award. (An award to recognize children going above and beyond either personally--improving a grade--or communally--helping out a friend in need). Not only that, but he won a certificate for a Fire Saftey Poster Contest. I haven't seen it. I think it went state. It could win--but even if it doesn't, it's a great *high* for my DJ.

Lynne, she just turned 3 in August is doing very well, too. Her Sunday School Teacher subs in her preschool class during the week. She just loves her to death (the feeling is mutal!). It's amazing the changes that I've seen in my daughter since school started in August. I'm not sure if I told you or not, but my daughter is speech delayed. Before she started preschool, she was in a speech program but graduated when she turned 3. She was tested and qualified for speech sessions through the public school system. A teacher comes twice a week, for 30 minutes each session and works with Lynne (as well as four other children). Lynne is really close to her as well.

Working with preschool children certainly has it's challenges...but nowhere are you more loved. As you know with your children (and your 11 grandchildren), children give their all into a moment. Their tempers are fiery, but they love just a fiercely. I really enjoyed working with Lynne's Vacation Bible School class this past summer. (I helped because at that time, Lynne was very unsure about 'leaving mommy'). God taught me how wonderful (and challenging) children could be.

But like all things in God's world, the challenging stuff is often the most rewarding.

I pray that God blesses you this week, and always.

In Christ,
Iva
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM   #15  

Good morning, Iva...
Thanks for that beautiful post. Yes, I can tell you're walking close to the Lord! Isn't it a great feeling?!
Glad you got a few more hours in at work. I know the feeling. DH's work has really slowed down, lately. He lays floor covering, & we live from paycheck to paycheck. I'm concerned this month about our bills. But, God will provide. I wish I could learn to pray more, & worry less.
We've been getting a lot of rain the last few days. The tarp that's on our roof (we're in the middle of putting a new roof on) blew off most of the way, & our house was flooded! Water was coming in everywhere! That's not the first time it's happened, since they started. So, I did get a little upset, to say the least. But, everything's better now. I just get tired of living without a real house, & have to have a pity party sometimes.

I'm delighted about your praise report! So nice to see your family baptized! I know you'll enjoy the weekend with your dad & brother, also. Of course, I suppose I won't be hearing from you this weekend. It's ok. I certainly understand. Just really enjoy your visit, & tell me about it later. I just hope you know about your job before then. I'm getting anxious, myself, now.

Well....I have a nephew we call DJ! I also have a sister & a grand-daughter with birthdays on Nov. 7th! DJ sounds like he IS a TERRIFIC KID! I know you were bursting with pride at the ceremony. I'd like to see the poster he made. When you DO get to see it, maybe you can make a copy of it & post it. I do hope it goes state, but, like you said....it's already a well-deserved high.

Lynne sounds so sweet! Once they start to school, they grow up really fast. It's just amazing. One thing, they learn to mature. Learning rules, etc. Our 2 yr old grand is in daycare, but it's built like a school, & she thinks that's what it is. She's really changed in just the last 2 months she's been there.

How is Lynne speech delayed? Is it the pronunciation? The reason I ask, my grandson couldn't speak plain at all. My daughter had him in speech quite awhile before she decide to have him checked by a Dr. It turned out the muscles in his tongue were weak. We hadn't heard of that before. In addition to speech therapy, he had them to give him a large spoon of peanut butter each day...& not to swallow for a little while. Working the tongue to get the peanut butter out of teeth, etc., strengthend his tongue! He's 15 now, & doing fine. I'm just glad he liked peanut butter.

Well, gotta go get ready for work. Hope you have a good day. I'm still praying for you.
Your friend,
Closed Thread