Old 09-23-2004, 12:52 PM   #1  
Ash

Default Caffeine question

I am starting to cut things out of my diet so that I can hopefully lose weight. I drink a lot of regular soda, so it was a no-brainer to cut that down to diet soda. I try to drink a lot of water too, but the sodas have caffeine. I have tried to cut out caffeine, but when I tried that I ended up feeling sluggish and with a migraine. One person told me that I should just take an Excederin Migraine tablet once a day, but wouldn't that do damage?? I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem or if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do. Thanks gals!
Ashren80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:31 PM   #2  

For me I couldnt just give it up. I had to stop by slowly drinking less and less. From three drinks a day to two drinks a day and then a week later one drink a day and so on till I would have one eveyother day and then none. It is a longer process but I didnt feel sluggish and I didnt get the headaches.

Tye
afireinside723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #3  
taking it 1 day at a time

I too had to cut out all regular soda. I don't really drink coffee, so the only form of caffeine I intake is Diet Soda. But, I have been drinking the diets as much as I used to drink the regular soda. I have sort of done what Tye suggested, but modified a little. I have both diet and caffeine-free diet in my fridge. I will drink the caffeine-free if it is after 5pm. I think that really has helped my caffeine intake.
Good luck, I know giving up soda is hard enough, but dealing with the side-effects of the headaches isn't helping!
LSB
lawstudentblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #4  
Ash

Default Thanks

Thanks for the tips ladies. I will definitely try the after 5:00pm idea. I don't have a problem sleeping, but I think that would make it a more rested sleep. I don't know about everyone else on this board, but I feel like I'm moving in slow motion when it comes to dieting. So far, the things I have changed from my normal routine are:
1. Drink diet soda instead of regular
2. No eating after 8:00pm
3. No french fries...period

I think once I have done that for a couple of weeks I could take on a few more things. What have you guys changed?
Ashren80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Ashren: I think it's great you're slowly changing your lifestyle. Things are a lot more likely to stick that way. You can be overwhelmed if you try to change too many things at once and give up.

Since I am doing Atkins, I have cut out bread and sugar. That was a major change for me, so I waited awhile before adding exercise in. Slowly, I've changed both my eating and exercise habits, and I have no intention of giving up!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote