Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-23-2004, 10:53 AM   #1  
Back fat Be Gone!

Default LIPOSUCTION & Happy

In 2000 I had liposuction from my knees to my hips. There is good that go with the bad. I knew I needed it because even when I was rollerblading 6 miles a day and going to the gym for 2 hours a day I still held alot of fat in these areas, and that is what lipo is for, problem areas. After the surgery it looked as if I was hit by a Mack Truck, and it took a week before I could even sit up, another week to be able to stand up. I have gained weight since then after having a child and just bad eating habits, and I have gained some of the weight back in these areas. However, the only way you can get rid of fat cells is to have them sucked out, you can shrink them, but never get rid of them naturally. So the good thing about the lipo is that when I diet, it is really easy to get these areas back into shape, because the lack of fat cells in these areas. The bad thing is, when I go on eating binges and don't watch what I eat, the fat cells in these areas get full and look bigger again (not nearly as big as before and I'll never have saddle bags again), but I store the fat in other areas instead. So now since I am overweight and my fat cells in these areas are full, my stomach and upper arms are bigger then they ever were before my surgery because the fat needs to be stored somewhere. If lipo is something you opt for remember that if you don't follow a good diet you'll just gain the weight somewhere else. Would I do it again, **** yeah. Fat thighs run in my family, even at my heaviest I am still happy with my legs. And now that I'm dieting again (SB) I know that I'll be happy with the rest of me again soon too.

Started SB 9-21-04
SW 144
CW 142
GW 120
sugarholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Your a brave one. I don't think I could ever do lipo, the thought of that procedure just eeeks me.

Thanks for letting us know what you went thru and what could happen.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote