Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:17 PM   #1  
Janette

Default I Changed My Plan

I had planned to have spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. I wasn't able to find whole wheat pasta in my store so I was going to count it. I had it cooked and was fixing the salads when I noticed a pan of left over brown rice in the fridge. So, I decided to stay Core and use the rice instead. I didn't miss the spaghetti, the "taste" was all in the sauce anyway. I realized that the spaghetti doesn't really have much taste, it is the sauce that makes the dish taste good. I feel so much better that I didn't use the points--now I have more left for the weekend, in case I really need them.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Well, hey that sounds good though! So you made the brown rice with spaghetti sauce and meatballs? Hmmm ...
Old 09-22-2004, 08:54 PM   #3  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Great idea! We are having spaghetti tonight (WW). I am adding spinach to mine. Makes it pretty and add makes it more filling.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

that is great thinking Janette! I'm all about saving those weekly pts too!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #5  

I'm going to try that! I never thought pasta had any taste by itself.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:24 PM   #6  

My husband and I did the same thing the other night, except our "pasta" was spaghetti squash. You can't even tell the difference. It was long and stringy just like spaghetti, but it is a vegetable. It's definitely something I will have again and again!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:56 PM   #7  
Janette

How do you cook the squash? Does it say spaghetti squash in the store? I have heard of it but have never had it. I'm from the south and all we eat is yellow summer squash.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes-do tell how to cook the spaghetti squash!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #9  
Working My Way Back Down

Spagetti squash is labeled as such in my grocery. To cook it, I cut off the top, then split it lenghthwise (if you have a really big one, you might have to cut it horizontally and then each half lengthwise). Scoop out the seeds. Then put in a microwaveable pan (I use a glass baking dish), cut side down, with about 1" of water in the bottom. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the flesh is tender. Take out and scrape the flesh with a fork the length of the squash. It'll make pasta like strings. Enjoy! It's also good added to a stir fry (cooked first as above).
Old 09-28-2004, 06:30 AM   #10  

Hi,
I was just lurking trying to get some info on the CORE plan. I do have the materials from WW which I got on e bay. So, hope you don't mind me posting.

Another thing you can use for spaghetti is zucchini and/or yellow squash. I have a julienne type vegetable peeler that makes long thin strips a lot like spaghetti, or you can use a regular vegetable peeler and you'll get long wide strips. You peel the vegetables down to the seeds and saute them in Olive Oil flavored PAM. I usually use both zucchini and yellow squash to have some color. Add your pasta sauce and enjoy!

Aleka
Closed Thread